This article is reviewed by a team of registered dietitians and medical doctors with extensive, practical clinical and public health experience.
Skald Reviews 2023: Does It Really Work & Is It Safe To Use?
All articles are produced independently. When you click our links for purchasing products, we earn an affiliate commission. Learn more about how we earn revenue by reading our advertise disclaimer.
- Vegan friendly
- Increases energy levels
- Curbs cravings and helps burn fat
- Wide variety of quality products
- Enhances respiratory function
- Improves overall mood
- Founded by CEO James Atkins
- Based in Sherman Oaks California
- Founded in 2011
- Improves respiratory functions
- Regulates appetite
- Offers an energy-boosting effect
- Enhances cognitive function
- Acts as a mood stabilizer
About The Brand
Skald Oxydynamic Fat Scorcher is a product of the Beldt Labs Company. The company was founded in 2011 by its CEO, James Atkins, a former MMA fighter and bodybuilder. He set out to create a product that would aid fat burning and build muscle for his fellow athletes.
The company is committed to supporting its consumers’ weight loss journey while offering daily energy. In addition to athletes, the fat-burning supplement serves both men and women who pursue their sporting ambitions.
What Is Skald Oxydynamic Fat Scorcher?
Skald Oxydynamic Fat Scorcher is a thermogenic fat-burning supplement made from a blend of all-natural ingredients to speed up the weight loss process. The supplement caters to both men and women who want dietary support in their weight loss journey.
Skald is a high-intensity performance enhancer that utilizes a blend of natural ingredients and thermogenic to improve metabolism, burn calories and fat, and boost your overall performance.
The supplement also eliminates fat accumulation selectively in different body parts like the thighs, belly, arms, face, and chin. Skald Fat Burner is recommended for people in high-intensity training programs.
Feature Product & Coupon
Skald Oxydynamic Fat Scorcher
- Vegan friendly
- Increases energy levels
- Curbs cravings and helps burn fat
- Wide variety of quality products
- Enhances respiratory function
- Improves overall mood
Does It Really Work?
Based on current customer reviews, Skald Oxydynamic Fat Scorcher is a popular weight loss aid that is touted as boosting energy levels, regulating appetite, retaining muscle mass, and speeding up the weight loss process. Furthermore, Skald also acts as a mood stabilizer and improves concentration. The reviews, however, may differ from the published medical literature (see below).
In addition to the usual ingredients and advantages of other fat-burning supplements in the current market, Skald is the only fat-burning supplement that includes an ingredient meant to improve respiratory functions for weight loss purposes.
The experts at Beldt labs incorporated ancient herbs that help fight respiratory issues. Maintaining a healthy respiratory system helps increase airflow into the lungs and capitalizes on the body’s fat-burning ability to accelerate weight loss. Also, lung capacity dictates the limits of exertion during exercise, so any help with this enhances exercise potential.
- Increases energy levels
- Regulates appetite
- Improves the respiratory system
- Accelerates weight loss process
- Helps in building muscle mass
- Improves overall mood
- The product is only purchasable online
- The product is only available in the United States
- The additive stimulant properties of several ingredients could create a challenge for someone with cardiac issues
Skald Oxydynamic Fat Scorcher Ingredients
The featured ingredients in Skald Oxydynamic Fat Scorcher include Caffeine (100mg), N-Acetyl-Tyrosine, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Bitter Orange Fruit Extract, White Willow Bark Extract, Mullein Leaf Powder, Juniper berry extract, Theobromine, Inula Helenium Root Powder, and Bioperine (from Black Pepper Fruit Extract). Other ingredients include Magnesium Stearate, Gelatin, Rice Flour, and Titanium Dioxide.
One Skald Oxydynamic Fat Scorcher capsule contains a blend of ingredients that amount to 356 mg of active ingredients per capsule.
Caffeine Anhydrous (110mg)
Caffeine is a common ingredient in a majority of fat-burning supplements. It helps in decreasing BMI levels, improves weight loss, and aids in maintaining weight. Being a natural stimulant, it improves mental and physical performance, which results in better focus and endurance that enables you to take your exercise routine to the next level.
Caffeine contains appetite suppressing qualities and enhances thermogenesis to increase fat-burning capability. Every Skald capsule contains 110 mg of caffeine which is equivalent to a single cup of strong regular coffee.
Caffeine Anhydrous forms a potent and synergic combination with Juniper Berry Extract to give a remarkable energy boost. That makes for a great pre-workout booster element. The Anhydrous Caffeine content in Skald is reasonable when compared to alternative brands which use excess caffeine for an extended stimulating effect.
N-Acetyl-Tyrosine (NALT) is a highly soluble form of amino acid L-Tyrosine that is commonly used in nootropic concoctions to help improve your mood. The role of Tyrosine is to produce hormones such as adrenaline, dopamine, and noradrenaline.
Dopamine is released with pleasure or contentment, meaning production in high amounts leads to a more content feeling. Noradrenaline and adrenaline are responsible for your fight/flight response in stressful situations, meaning production in high amounts improves how you deal with everyday challenges.
Studies have also linked Tyrosine to controlling metabolism by producing thyroid hormones, which are important in ensuring a healthy metabolism. N-Acetyl-Tyrosine is an amino acid that improves focus in stressful situations; there’s no tangible proof that it improves physical performance.
Tea Leaf Extract
Green Tea Leaf Extract consists of catechins and caffeine that help boost energy and reduce weight. Green Tea Extract also contains important components that help in burning fat, the most essential one being Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG). Extensive research shows that EGCG helps support your body’s ability to boost your metabolism and break down fats.
EGCG restricts the production of the enzyme catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT), an enzyme responsible for the breakdown of dopamine in your body. That is, less dopamine is metabolized away, meaning there’s more of it (see above). That results in an improved mood which is important during your weight loss journey.
Green Tea Extract is an important ingredient for the effectiveness of a natural weight loss supplement. Generally, Green Tea Extract contains antioxidants that help prevent chronic illnesses such as cancer.
Bitter Orange Fruit Extract-Citrus Aurantium (6% Synephrine)
Synephrine is a bitter orange fruit extract that’s often included in weight loss supplements. Studies show that Synephrine supports the breakdown of fats for energy (lipolysis) and improves Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). Synephrine has an energizing property that supports the burning of more calories on a daily basis by boosting your metabolism.
The P-synephrine molecule is similar to ephedrine but safer for consumption. P-Synephrine activates thermogenesis and supports fat burning when mixed with caffeine or independently.
Unlike Ephedrine which was outlawed as a weight loss supplement due to its health risks, Synephrine is a safer and healthier alternative. Unfortunately, Synephrine has been highlighted on some lists of banned drugs (i.e., NCAA). Athletes should therefore go through the list of prohibited substances and compare the ingredients before using the supplement.
White Willow Bark Extract
White Willow Bark Extract contains aspirin (Acetylsalicylic acid), a common ingredient in anti-inflammatory drugs, painkillers, and antiplatelet agents.
Synephrine, Willow Bark, and Caffeine activate thermogenesis by increasing your body temperature and flow of blood to the muscles. Recent studies reveal that the acetylsalicylic acid extracted from White Willow Bark enhances mobility and workout performance and increases your chances of sticking to your dietary plans.
White Willow Bark Extract is included in Skald Fat Scorcher to accelerate the fat burning process and increase energy. Even though White Willow Extract is mostly used as a fat-burning ingredient, there’s little to no evidence that supports the claim.
Mullein Leaf Powder (Verbascum Thapsus)
Skald Oxydynamic Fat Scorcher is famously the world’s first fat burner that offers respiratory improvement as one of its health benefits. Mullein Leaf Powder extract is among the two ingredients that are included for respiratory health.
Mullein has been used previously throughout history in herbal therapy. It’s been utilized to treat different lung-related problems, including Tuberculosis, Bronchitis, Asthma, and common coughs. Mullein also improves oxygen circulation in your body, which supports your metabolism and enhances your workout endurance.
Theobromine is a chemical that occurs naturally and is extracted from the cacao plant. It’s mostly used in dark chocolate as the bitter aftertaste. Theobromine is a stimulant that improves energy expenditure and boosts metabolism. It also boosts heart rate, lowers your blood pressure if used in quantities of 250-1000 mg, and supports mental focus and brain function.
Elevated blood pressure leads to a variety of health problems, hence, the presence of theobromine in Skald’s fat-burning supplement helps regulate your blood pressure. (Medically, the blood pressure falls only because the heart rate increases, which is a cardiovascular reflex.) Theobromine further helps to control your appetite and helps improve your mood pre-workout to encourage an optimistic approach throughout your weight loss process.
BlendInula Helenium Root Powder (Elecampane)
Elecampane is a flower from the aster family that originally grew in Asia and Europe. The roots of Elecampane were used in the past in the treatment of respiratory illnesses. Inula Root powder also has some anti-inflammatory properties, which come in handy after a vigorous workout routine.
A study revealed that in addition to combating harmful bacteria in the digestive system, Elecampane improves the functioning of the digestive system. It also helps in the treatment of anemia, reduces blood loss, and enhances the healthy function of the thyroid.
Inula Root powder taken in the right quantity is sure to give optimal results. Excessive intake may have adverse side effects on you, such as diarrhea, nausea, and other uncomfortable side effects.
BlendBlack Pepper Fruit Extract (Bioperine)
Bioperine has regulated piperine extracted from black pepper and is used to optimize the active nutrients in your system. Bioperine further increases your body’s ability to absorb important nutrients within the supplement itself. Your body, therefore, is optimized in its absorption of the necessary nutrients in the right amount for the best results.
Bioperine also contains antioxidants that boost your immune system, kick-start the metabolism process, activate thermogenesis, and restrict the absorption of fats into the bloodstream.
Experiments conducted on animals suggest that Bioperine can work as a mood booster; however, human trials have not yet been conducted to determine if it can improve overall mood in humans.
Extract The Juniper Communis Berry
One of its ingredients, extract of Juniperus communis, is cited by BELDT to be a natural substitute for dimethylhexylamine (DMHA), an amphetamine-like substance that is no longer available, except as a herbal supplement, as in Skald Oxydynamic Fat Scorcher.
Health Benefits Of Skald Fat Burner
Skald Fat Scorcher contains a variety of thermogenic ingredients that helps its users fulfill their fat-burning goals. The following are some of its benefits:
- Improved mood and concentration
- Better craving and appetite control
- Increased exercise endurance and modulated lung function
- Rapid energy boost
- Enhanced respiratory support
- Fast post-workout recovery
Potential Side Effects
Skald Oxydynamic Fat Scorcher is made with all-natural ingredients. Because it’s a proprietary blend we’re not privy to the exact content of each ingredient. As such, you may also not know how your body responds to the ingredients, especially if you’re allergic to one.
Women exhibit high caffeine tolerance compared to men. That means side effects might vary from one person to the next. The side effects include; insomnia, nausea, stomach ache, and shaking. After incorporating Skald into your daily routine, ensure that you take it according to the dosage written on the bottle.
The supplement is not suitable for children below age 18, pregnant and lactating women, and people with any health problems.
One of its ingredients, extract of Juniperus communis, is touted as a natural substitute for DMHA, the amphetamine-like substance that has been banned because of its association with sudden cardiac death. Hence, warnings for those with cardiac issues apply; in fact, it’s well-known advice to check with your professional health care provider before beginning any exercise regimen, especially one that includes stimulant supplements, natural or otherwise.
Skald Oxydynamic Fat Scorcher comes in the form of capsules instead of its previous powdered form, which was discontinued. Take one capsule 15-30 minutes before breakfast, preferably on an empty stomach. Raise your morning dosage to two capsules once you ascertain your tolerance.
You can take your second capsule 5-6 hours after the first one. Because Skald Fat Burner contains several stimulants, we recommend that you don’t take it in the evening.
In addition to the list of ingredients used, Skald has these guidelines listed on the bottle:
- Do not take more than the recommended dosage
- Do not use it alongside other stimulant-based products
- Never take more than three capsules within 24 hours,
- Do not consume more than two capsules per dosage
Skald Review: What Do Real Users Say?
With this being said, you might want to check out what real users say about the brand, about their excellent customer service, their free shipping, and other services of the company.
You’ll be glad to know that most of Skald’s reviews range from a 3-star review to a 5-star review showing how much effort they give to please their customers.
“It’s been a week since I started using this supplement, but so far so good. I notice I have extra energy after my daily workouts, which is perfect for boosting my reps and weight. I haven’t experienced any issues or crazy side effects. Furthermore, the customer care service is very professional and friendly with their follow-up to make sure the product arrives on time. That’s a plus for me.”Kristen C.
“I have zero jitters whenever I use this product. I follow the instructions to the letter and take the recommended break in between bottles. Because I’m currently practicing intermittent fasting, there are times when I feel hungry but this is perfectly normal. I doubt there are any supplements that would get rid of that hunger sensation. With Skald, however, I never feel lightheaded or nauseated. I also get a decent energy boost each time I take them in the morning. For that extra boost, I take them as a pre-workout pill.”Susan S.
“Skald is a decent product. I feel an increase in energy whenever I take the pills. I don’t experience much appetite suppression from my daily intakes, just a fresh flow of energy.”Lissandra W.
“I’m not the least bit disappointed. It’s been 2 days and I can say with no doubt that I have my appetite under control thanks to Skald diet pills. You guys are awesome!”Rosy F.
“Fast shipping and excellent customer service. I’ve only taken these pills for a few days but I already feel the energy coursing through my veins (not literally, but you get my point). The appetite suppression is on point. I’m looking forward to seeing what results I can gain with my limited food intake.”George M.
“Honestly, whenever I take this supplement, it almost feels like there’s no effect at all. I took one this morning, another at two, and it feels like nothing is taking place in my system. No stream of energy or anything. So disappointing.”Anthony V.
“Skald makes my stomach ache. No beneficial effects whatsoever”Billy J.
Skald Review: What Does The Medical Literature Say?
According to published research, energy-boosting and fat loss are strongly substantiated, which may satisfy the person taking it even though appetite control and mood improvement are not strongly supported in the medical literature. For the lung support cited, there is no proof, aside from anecdotal and traditional home remedy accounts.
Alternatives To Skald Fat Burner
Up To 50% Off When Buying In Bulk
- It’s vegan and vegetarian-friendly
- Zero side-effects
- Doesn’t require a strict prescription
- Ingredients are 100% organic and safe
- Consists of vitamins, fiber, and minerals that boost energy
- It’s unsuitable for children below age 18 and pregnant women
- It may affect your sleep adversely
- The ingredients used are 100% natural
- Speeds up the weight loss process
- Helps tone the legs, stomach, and core
- Regulates metabolic rate
- Results may be delayed
- Not suitable for pregnant women
- The ingredients used are of good quality
- Works fast to boost your energy levels
- Has a lot of positive feedback from consumers
- All ingredients are science-backed
- Suppresses appetite
- Supplement is costly
- Has a high concentration of caffeine
Skald Oxydynamic Fat Scorcher has proven beyond doubt that it’s an effective fat burner and energy booster for athletes and regular gym-goers alike. These effects are well-proven, even in the medical literature. The other benefits are not as strongly substantiated, but since fat-burning and energy-boosting are the two primary goals of the serious competitive athlete or gym enthusiast, these other considerations just may not be that important in choosing Skald.
Skald Fat Scorcher employs the use of its 100% natural ingredients to help curb cravings and accelerate the fat-burning process. It can also provide the same weight loss results for less active consumers. To enjoy maximum results from Skald, we recommend that you exercise regularly and combine the supplements with a healthy diet.
When you pair Skald Oxydynamic Fat Scorcher with a consistent, suitable exercise regimen and a healthy diet, you are assured the best results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Start with one pill every morning on an empty stomach. Take the next dose after 5 to 6 hours. The official website states that once you get used to this routine, you can add another capsule to your morning dose.
When combined with a healthy diet and a consistent exercise regimen, Skald helps you lose weight faster and in the healthiest way possible. The key weight-loss benefit is fat loss; respiratory support and appetite control may only be moderately effective. Many of the ingredients are stimulants, which can be addictive and perhaps even dangerous for someone who has cardiac issues (either known or unknown!).
Skald supplements are available for purchase on the official Beldt Labs website. They’re available in three bundles – 1 bottle, a 3-bottle bundle, and a 6-bottle bundle. You stand to save a whopping 15% on your purchase if you buy stacks.
You need to take Skald consistently for exactly six weeks, and then cycle it off for around two weeks before you start again.
Skald mimics the action of amphetamine-like supplements like ephedrine, caffeine, and aspirin (ECA) stack to boost energy and lower fat digestion. It contains a wide range of thermogenic ingredients such as N-acetyl tyrosine, juniper berry extract, etc., that contribute greatly to the fat-burning process.
+ 13 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- PharmaTutor. (2013). HERBS USED IN ASTHMA TREATMENT- AN OVERVIEW. [online] Available at: https://www.pharmatutor.org/articles/herbs-used-asthma-treatment-overview?page=3%2C1&quicktabs_latest_article_tabs=2
- Schubert, M., Christopher Garry Irwin, Carpenter, R.S. and Desbrow, B. (2017). Caffeine, coffee, and appetite control: a review. [online] ResearchGate. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/316525898_Caffeine_coffee_and_appetite_control_a_review
- Goldstein, D.S. (2010). Adrenaline and Noradrenaline. eLS. [online] Available at: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/9780470015902.a0001401.pub2
- Liu, X., Zhao, K., Jing, N., Zhao, Y. and Yang, X. (2020). EGCG regulates fatty acid metabolism of high-fat diet-fed mice in association with enrichment of gut Akkermansia muciniphila. Journal of Functional Foods, [online] 75, p.104261. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1756464620304850
- Favaro, A., Clementi, M., Manara, R., Bosello, R., Forzan, M., Bruson, A., Tenconi, E., Degortes, D., Titton, F., Di Salle, F. and Santonastaso, P. (2013). Catechol-O-methyltransferase genotype modifies executive functioning and prefrontal functional connectivity in women with anorexia nervosa. Journal of Psychiatry & Neuroscience, [online] 38(4), pp.241–248. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3692721/
- Chacko, S.M., Thambi, P.T., Kuttan, R. and Nishigaki, I. (2010). Beneficial effects of green tea: A literature review. Chinese Medicine, [online] 5(1), p.13. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2855614/
- Gutiérrez-Hellín, J. and Del Coso, J. (2016). Acute p-synephrine ingestion increases fat oxidation rate during exercise. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, [online] 82(2), pp.362–368. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4972152/
- Perishable (2019). World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Prohibited List | USADA. [online] U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA). Available at: https://www.usada.org/athletes/substances/prohibited-list/
- Choi, H.W., Tian, M., Song, F., Venereau, E., Preti, A., Park, S.-W., Hamilton, K., Swapna, G.V.T., Manohar, M., Moreau, M., Agresti, A., Gorzanelli, A., De Marchis, F., Wang, H., Antonyak, M., Micikas, R.J., Gentile, D.R., Cerione, R.A., Schroeder, F.C. and Montelione, G.T. (2015). Aspirin’s Active Metabolite Salicylic Acid Targets High Mobility Group Box 1 to Modulate Inflammatory Responses. Molecular Medicine, [online] 21(1), pp.526–535. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4607614/
- Karman, R. (2016). Assessing the Effectiveness of Mullein on Respiratory Conditions Such as Asthma. [online] ResearchGate. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/308991417_Assessing_the_Effectiveness_of_Mullein_on_Respiratory_Conditions_Such_as_Asthma
- Baggott, M.J., Childs, E., Hart, A.B., de Bruin, E., Palmer, A.A., Wilkinson, J.E. and de Wit, H. (2013). Psychopharmacology of theobromine in healthy volunteers. Psychopharmacology, [online] 228(1), pp.109–118. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3672386/
- Anderson-Dekkers, I., Nouwens-Roest, M., Peters, B. and Vaughan, E. (2021). Inulin. Handbook of Hydrocolloids, [online] pp.537–562. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/elecampane
- Mrityunjaya, M., Pavithra, V., Neelam, R., Janhavi, P., Halami, P.M. and Ravindra, P.V. (2020). Immune-Boosting, Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory Food Supplements Targeting Pathogenesis of COVID-19. Frontiers in Immunology, [online] 11. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7575721/