Gundry MD Heart Defense Reviews 2021: Natural Polyphenol Blend
Gundry MD Heart Defense
- Natural Ingredients
- Good for the heart
- Improves energy levels
- Tons of vitamins and minerals
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- GMP certified
- Loyalty programs
40% Off Exclusively With Our Above Ambassador Link
Gundry MD Heart Defense
- Founded in 2014
- Founder Dr. Steven Gundry
- Address: Beverly Hills, CA 90212-2624
- Contact: (800) 852-0477
- Improves blood circulation
- Boosts energy
About The Brand
There are quite a number of Dr. Gundry Heart Defense reviews out there but not all of them are reliable and informative. You might get the gist of what the product is about but they won’t answer how or why it’s good for your heart.
Our article is different and it’s ideal for people who want to know what they are about to purchase. We will be covering everything about the products including the vitamins and minerals it is rich in as well as provide some real-life customer reviews so you’ll have a better idea of what the people who bought Gundry MD Heart Defense think about the product.
What is Gundry MD Heart Defense?
Gundry MD Heart Defense is one of Dr. Gundry’s newest products that are designed to help strengthen the heart as well as promote longevity. It may not be as popular as other Dr. Gundry products but it brings its own set of unique benefits to the table such as improved diet and reducing blood problems overall.
Gundry MD Heart Defense Ingredient Reviews
|Ingredient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)||5 mcg (200 IU)||25%|
|Phosphorus (Cocoa Powder)||20 mg||2%|
|Magnesium (Cocoa Powder)||15 mg||4%|
|Chloride (Sea Salt, Cocoa Powder)||180 mg||8%|
|Coconut Cream Powder|
(coconut water, tapioca maltodextrin, coconut oil, gum acacia, sunflower lecithin, tricalcium phosphate)
|Flaxseed Powder||1000 mg||N/A|
|Coffee Fruit Extract||100 mg||N/A|
|FOS (fructooligosaccharides)||10 mg||N/A|
|Stevia Rebaudioside A Extract||N/A||N/A|
|Monk Fruit Extract||N/A||N/A|
- How do they work?
- How do they help with the symptoms?
Dr. Gundry contains a lot of vitamins and minerals that help keep a functioning and healthy body. Additionally, the supplement also contains other ingredients that are good for heart health as well as alter the energy levels of the body. The product also contains famous and reliable flavanols like cocoa which has medical potential in fighting cardiovascular disease. Overall, Gundry MD Heart Defense is a uniquely blended formula that gives results that it
Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin and it is mainly synthesized when ultraviolet rays hit our skin. It can also be taken from some foods and supplements which only helps Gundry MD Heart Defense.
This vitamin is very important and is primarily needed for our bones as it helps promote the absorption of calcium leading to better and stronger bones. Because of this Vitamin D helps prevent calcium problems like osteoporosis and other bone problems. Having a little bit of vitamin in this supplement will not only ensure better heart health but stronger bones as well.
Calcium is one of the most abundant minerals you’ll find in our body and as discussed previously, Vitamin D and Calcium make a great pair as the former is known to help improve the body’s calcium absorption.
Being a very abundant mineral, Calcium is used for a lot of things like vascular contraction, nerve transmission, muscle function. Additionally, calcium is stored in our bones and teeth supporting the structure of the body. This storage also helps the body maintain our calcium concentrations in our muscles, intercellular fluids, and our blood. Needless to say, calcium is an essential mineral in creating a strong and healthy body.
Is an essential mineral and is found in a lot of supplements. The reason for this is because iron is used for providing oxygen in the body, promoting physical growth, healthy nerves, and of course normal cellular function.
Overall, Iron is a welcome ingredient to have in any health supplement and Gundry MD heart should have this since iron does play a big role in the circulatory system as it is needed to transfer and provide oxygen all over the body.
Phosphorus (Cocoa Powder)
Gundry MD Heart Defense also has phosphorus present in the form of cocoa powder. Phosphorus is another essential mineral that is present in our teeth, bones, and of course in our RNA and DNA as well. Aside from this, phosphorus is needed for gene transcription as well as the activation of various enzymes. Needless, to say it’s a good thing that the cocoa powder of Gundry MD heart defense has high amounts of phosphorus.
Magnesium (Cocoa Powder)
Another mineral present in Gundry MD’s Heart Defense ingredient cocoa powder is magnesium. Just like with calcium, Magnesium is a very abundant mineral and provides support to the body in many ways. It is needed throughout the body as it is an important component in over 300 enzyme reactions that help in protein synthesis, regulation of biochemical reactions, and most importantly; the regulation of blood pressure and blood glucose control. This is why it’s such an amazing ingredient since it also plays in helping maintain good heart health.
Sunflower Lecithin is one of the biggest ingredients that Gundry MD Heart Defense has when it comes to the health of the heart. A study states, lecithin is a combination of both neutral lipids and phospholipids. The study conducted that lecithin does help with neural activity which is also another reason to take Gundry MD Heart Defense.
Aside from this, another study about phospholipids shows their potential in reducing cardiovascular risks. Phospholipids are able to regulate blood lipid profiles and it may even lead to significantly lowering cholesterol levels. Overall, the presence of Sunflower Lecithin as an ingredient is a big boost to the product and it may even help prevent serious heart disease in the future.
Gundry MD and a lot of health enthusiasts consider Flaxseed Powder as a prebiotic fiber that helps with gut health as well as being rich in Omega 3. Now a study about dietary flaxseed does support this claim as the high quality dietary has been shown to help with our gastrointestinal health as it can reduce the presence of Porphyromonadaceae and Proteobacteria in our gut microbiome. Being a dietary fiber, flaxseed can help you lose weight in the process as well, so it’s not just good for the gut but also with our fat as well.
Additionally, the same study also states that flaxseed is good for the cardiovascular system as well and it will help our heart health in the long run. This is because flaxseed can decrease systolic and diastolic blood pressure could potentially lead to better cardiovascular health and better quality of life.
To help increase the effects of flaxseed powder and further strengthen our gut, the company also included FOS (fructooligosaccharides) in the list of their ingredients. FOS is a well-known prebiotic and there’s a study about this oligosaccharide that shows that not only is that reducing fecal microbiota but it’s also able to effectively reduce Bifidobacterium composition as well. Now take note that this study was done on mice so it could not be used to accurately guess the effects and process it undergoes with humans.
Coffee Fruit Extract
Coffee Fruit Extract is one of Heart Defense’s best ingredients featured in their formula. According to the company, Coffee fruits extract contains tons of nutrients called flavonoids and it helps the production of nitric oxide as well.
Dr. Gundry’s claims about coffee fruit extract aren’t just smoke and mirrors as there is some truth to it. A study about the antioxidant content of coffee shows that it’s one of the best sources of flavonoids which is why it’s one of Heart Defense’s most essential ingredients.
Now regarding flavonoids, a study about coffee polyphenols shows it helps fight metabolic syndrome. One of the reasons it does so is that it can affect nitric oxide production by enhancing endothelial nitric oxide synthase expression.
Overall, Coffee Fruit Extract is an amazing ingredient that has been tested to have potential in promoting a healthy body. And since it’s coffee, it will also boost your energy levels as well. Consider getting some coffee fruit extract as part of your diet. It will do wonders.
Stevia Rebaudioside A Extract and Monk Fruit Extract
Stevia Rebaudioside A Extract is a natural sweetener that will make Gundry MD products more palatable for the taste. It doesn’t have very notable health benefits but it’s a better substitute for sugar which can cause health problems.
Another sweetener that’s a better alternative for sugar is Monk Fruit Extract which is why it’s also included in the formula. According to Harvard, both the Stevia plant and Monk Fruit Extract are low-calorie sweeteners which help if you’re on a healthy low-carb diet.
Alternatives to Gundry MD Heart Defense
NutraPro Healthy Heart
- Balances Cholesterol and Triglyceride
- GMP Certified
- Boost Longevity
- 90 Day Money Back Guarantee
Gundry MD® Enhanced Circulation Formula
- Strengthen Immune System
- Natural Nitric Oxide-Boosting Ingredients
- Contains Powerful Antioxidants
- Improves Circulation
Health Benefits of Gundry MD Heart Defense
Looking at the ingredients above, Gundry MD Heart Defense is a product containing 100% natural ingredients and it even contains natural low-calorie sweeteners as part of its formula. Because of this, the product has a lot of health benefits. According to the Gundry MD Wellness website and its ingredients, Heart Defense bring health benefits like:
Elevate Energy Levels
Gundry MD claims that this product can boost your energy levels. And considering that one of its most featured products is Coffee Fruit Extract, it is expected that it will provide you with the energy you need to get through the day and make you feel younger. After all, coffee is a well-known booster of energy levels as well as a cognitive enhancer.
Stimulate Gut Health
Although it isn’t stated upright by Gundry MD, this product’s supplements and ingredients contain prebiotics and dietary fiber that can help promote gut health. Ingredients like Flaxseed Powder and fructooligosaccharides are known to be helpful for the gut and you can see their corresponding studies in the ingredients section.
Promote Healthy Blood Flow
Customers wouldn’t be satisfied with Gundry MD Heart Defense’s performance if it can’t fulfill its advertised claim which is to help protect the heart and keep it healthy. Gundry MD claims that this product contains compounds and mixed ingredients that will promote a healthy blood flow.
And we agree with them. The product contains numerous ingredients like Sunflower Lecithin, Flaxseed Powder, and Coffee Fruit Extract which help the blood in one way or the other. And as stated before coffee fruit extract can boost nitric oxide production which can help combat metabolic syndrome, a problem that can lead to heart disease and other complications.
Potential Side Effects
Based on the company’s claim and reviews, Gundry MD Heart Defense doesn’t lead to any serious side effects. It might contain coffee which can lead to headaches and anxiety but the concentration is relatively low so it’s doubtful that customers will experience these side effects. However, there are some things to keep in mind when taking this product, things like:
- It contains tree nuts (coconut) so it might affect people with a coconut allergy
- 18 and below users aren’t recommended
- It should not be used by people with medical conditions or taking medication so you better consult your doctor before taking this supplement
Gundry MD Heart Defense has been given a lot of praise, especially on the ingredients section. And expect more since its benefits don’t end there as the product has other features that customers will appreciate as well as some weaknesses that the company needs improving on.
- 90 Day Money Back Guarantee Refund
- 100 Natural Ingredients
- Scientifically proven supplements
- GMP certified
- Easy to use site
- Hassle-free purchase
- VIP account and directed loyalty programs
- A little bit expensive
- Contains allergens
- Some health benefits of its ingredients have been tested only on mice
How to take Gundry MD Heart Defense
According to their website, Gundry MD Heart Defense should be taken once a day. Directions would be that you should mix a scoop of the product and mist with 6 to 8 ounces of water or any beverage of your choosing.
Gundry MD Heart Defense Review: What real users say?
This particular product of Gundry MD rarely receives several poor reviews which shows how good the product is and how effective the customer support team is in its ability in keeping customers satisfied throughout their purchase. Another thing to keep in mind is that the product is fairly new to the market so negative reviews might have come out yet. Here are some reviews on what customers think about Gundry MD Heart Defense.
“I don’t often drink enough water in the course of a day. This wonderful, well-researched product makes it easy. Every day at work I make it a point to consume a scoop in 16 oz of water or green cold tea. Bravo Dr. Gundry and thank you.”Laura Griffith
“Love the flavor! The first package got lost in transit and the seller was very quick to respond and send me a new one. Thank you.”N. F. Dunn
“Wow, I feel great. Only one order can just place a new order for 6 more. This product has gone beyond my expectation having tried so many things all failed. The energy and blood circulation I now have.”Gary K
Where to buy Gundry MD Heart Defense ?
Gundry MD Heart Defense can be purchased primarily online although you can find it in your local shops we doubt it since it will probably be overshadowed by other Gundry MD products.
We recommend trying out Amazon or their Gundry Wellness website as it contains everything you need to know about the product including multiple customer reviews on what people think about it. Additionally, we advise setting up an account on their website as it will help to save money as VIPs tend to get free shipping, discounts, and other advantages.
Overall our opinion of the product is the same as other Dr. Gundry Heart Defense reviews. The supplement deserves a lot of praise since it’s well thought out and all of the ingredients have scientific backing to show that they can help your heart.
The only thing we are concerned about is the overwhelmingly positive reviews which make us think that they may be deleting reviews or their product is just that good. Either way, it doesn’t change our opinion that Dr. Gundry Heart Defense is an amazing product!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Dr. Gundry is a real licensed doctor that has a good reputation.
Gundry MD recommends its own probiotic products since it was specifically concocted by Dr. Gundry himself.
Yes. There are tons of testimonials and customer reviews that claim that the product works
Dr. Gundry’s Bio Complete 3 doesn’t have severe side effects but some people with bad stomachs tend to complain about having some digestive problems.
+ 13 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- Balzer, J., Rassaf, T., Heiss, C., Kleinbongard, P., Lauer, T., Merx, M., Heussen, N., Gross, H.B., Keen, C.L., Schroeter, H. 7 Kelm, M.(2008). Sustained Benefits in Vascular Function Through Flavanol-Containing Cocoa in Medicated Diabetic Patients. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, [online] 51(22), pp.2141–2149. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18510961/
- Nih.gov. (2017). Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin D. [online] Available at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminD-HealthProfessional/
- Nih.gov. (2017). Office of Dietary Supplements - Calcium. [online] Available at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Calcium-HealthProfessional/
- Nih.gov. (2017). Office of Dietary Supplements - Phosphorus. [online] Available at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Phosphorus-HealthProfessional/
- Nih.gov. (2017). Office of Dietary Supplements - Magnesium. [online] Available at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Magnesium-HealthProfessional/
- Latifi, S., Tamayol, A., Habibey, R., Sabzevari, R., Kahn, C., Geny, D., Eftekharpour, E., Annabi, N., Blau, A., Linder, M. & Arab-Tehrany, E. (2016). Natural lecithin promotes neural network complexity and activity. Scientific Reports, [online] 6(1). Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4882550/
- Küllenberg, D., Taylor, L.A., Schneider, M. & Massing, U. (2012). Health effects of dietary phospholipids. Lipids in Health and Disease, [online] 11(1), p.3. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3316137/
- Parikh, M., Maddaford, T.G., Austria, J.A., Aliani, M., Netticadan, T. & Pierce, G.N. (2019). Dietary Flaxseed as a Strategy for Improving Human Health. Nutrients, [online] 11(5), p.1171. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6567199/
- Mao, B., Gu, J., Li, D., Cui, S., Zhao, J., Zhang, H. & Chen, W. (2018). Effects of Different Doses of Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) on the Composition of Mice Fecal Microbiota, Especially the Bifidobacterium Composition. Nutrients, [online] 10(8), p.1105. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6115998/
- Górecki, M. & Hallmann, E. (2020). The Antioxidant Content of Coffee and It's In Vitro Activity as an Effect of Its Production Method and Roasting and Brewing Time. Antioxidants, [online] 9(4), p.308. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7222172/
- Yamagata, K. (2018). Do Coffee Polyphenols Have a Preventive Action on Metabolic Syndrome Associated Endothelial Dysfunctions? An Assessment of the Current Evidence. Antioxidants, [online] 7(2), p.26. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5836016/
- Ashwell, M. (2015). Stevia, Nature’s Zero-Calorie Sustainable Sweetener. Nutrition Today, [online] 50(3), pp.129–134. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4890837/ [Accessed 6 May 2021].
- The Nutrition Source. (2013). Low-Calorie Sweeteners. [online] Available at: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-drinks/artificial-sweeteners/