The long-term goal of this research is to develop a broad knowledge base regarding relationship resiliency in this population, as well as to develop targeted interventions to foster resiliency post-TBI.
In order to participate in the study:
- The couple must be married, with the TBI occurring after marriage;
- Both husband and wife must be willing to participate and engage in the interviews together;
- The participants must be over 18 years of age and English speaking;
- This TBI must have occurred a minimum of two years prior to participation in the study and diagnosed by a medical professional;
- If the TBI required medical intervention, this treatment must have occurred in the United States;
- All participants must be able to provide informed consent and not be in a guardianship.
For additional information, please contact the researcher, Susan Jacobsmeyer Werner, at [email protected] or by phone at (314) 616-6876.
IRB number: 25622
Coordinator: Melissa Fitzgerald