Eligibility requirements include:
- Women, 18 years of age and older
- Breast cancer completely excised or completely removed
- Node-positive disease
- HER2 negative
- Completed chemotherapy and/or radiation within two months of enrollment
- Bilateral breast malignancy or suspicious mass in opposite breast
- History of prior breast cancer, ductal carcinoma in situ
- Prior trastuzumab (Herceptin®) therapy
- Cardiac disease
- Autoimmune diseases or immune deficiency disease
- Patients on chronic steroid therapy, other immunosuppressive therapy
For more detailed information about enrolling in the study at BCM, contact Ashley Whittington at 713-798-8874 or email@example.com. For additional information and to inquire about enrolling at other centers, call 1-855-855-GALE, ext. 112 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patients who are enrolled in the study can expect to make 18 study visits over three years as well as a follow-up period of up to 10 years from the time of enrollment.
Manufactured by Galena Biopharma, the vaccine is a peptide vaccine being developed for use after completion of standard-of-care therapy to potentially prevent recurrence of breast cancer.