This article is objectively based on relevant scientific literature, written by experienced medical writers, and fact-checked by a team of degreed medical experts.
Our team of registered dietitian nutritionists and licensed medical professionals seek to remain objective and unbiased while preserving the integrity of any scientific debate.
The articles contain evidence-based references from approved scientific sites. The numbers* in parentheses (*1,2,3) will take you to clickable links to our reputable sources.
Flora Innovation Air Purifier Review In 2023 – What Does This Product Do?
All articles are produced independently. When you click our links for purchasing products, we earn an affiliate commission. Learn more about how we earn revenue by reading our advertise disclaimer.
Flora, a dynamic company founded in 2021 in Gdansk, Poland, is leading the charge in sustainable and eco-friendly product development having a positive environmenal impact, including innovative supplements for lung health. What began as a 12-month endeavor to create a decorative florarium has evolved into something extraordinary — the Flora Innovation Air Purifier.
This air purifier harnesses the power of nature, employing living plants to cleanse the air in your spaces. Crafted from sustainable materials, including wood, glass, and ceramic, the Flora Innovation Air Purifier uses a two-stage filtration process involving a carbon filter and coconut substrate.
The Flora purifier represents a greener, more stylish alternative to conventional air purifiers.
- Natural air purification.
- Made from eco-friendly materials.
- Energy efficient.
- Decorative and stylish design.
- Suitable for any interior.
- More expensive than traditional air purifiers.
- The purifier’s effectiveness may be limited to smaller spaces.
- Delivery speed depends on the destination country.
Flora Innovation Air Purifier Review
Flora has garnered attention for its unique interior decor and air purification approach. To determine the quality of the Flora Innovation Air Purifier, let’s assess its performance, build, and overall value.
Craftsmanship And Materials
One of the standout features of this air purifier is its craftsmanship and choice of materials. This air purifier is a testament to the commitment of the manufacturer, Flora, to create a product that blends functionality and aesthetics seamlessly.
The device features a ceramic tower that houses living moss, a plant-based high-efficiency waste recycler, which acts as a natural air filter. Ceramics not only add a touch of elegance but also ensure durability. It’s worth noting that the ceramic tower is customizable, allowing users to arrange the plant in various creative patterns.
The air purifier is made from sustainable materials like wood, glass, and ceramics, promoting eco-friendliness. This emphasis on sustainability benefits the planet and assures users of the product’s overall quality.
Its dual filtration technology is at the heart of the Flora Innovation Air Purifier’s quality. This air purifier uses moss, specifically Leucobryum glaucum, in its natural filtration system. A 2022 study conducted in a car workshop proved the remarkable ability of living mosses to absorb and retain moisture, making them an effective air filter depending only on light. It traps and purifies air particles, such as dust, pollen, and volatile organic compounds, providing a cleaner and healthier indoor environment.
The carbon and coconut substrates further complement the effectiveness of living moss. Activated carbon is renowned for its adsorbent properties, making it a viable component in air filtration systems. On the other hand, a study shows that coconut fiber filters have even been used to reduce motor vehicle emissions, proving its competence in air purification gadgets.
The Flora air purifier is a 100% eco-friendly device depending on plant-based materials. Its components, including wood, moss, ceramics, and glass, are all organic and safe for your health and the environment. By choosing this air purifier, you’ll improve indoor air quality and support sustainability by reducing the environmental impact.
While some air purifiers can be noisy and disruptive, the Flora Air Purifier is designed to operate quietly. This makes it suitable for all indoor spaces, including offices, bedrooms, workspaces, and other places where uninterrupted peace is valued.
Safety And Reliability
The innovative air purifier strongly emphasizes safety and reliability through features designed to ensure the well-being of users and the longevity of devices.
For instance, the child-safe function automatically shuts down the air purifier if a child inadvertently knocks the lamp over or if the decorative moss arrangement falls to the floor. This safety feature prevents accidents and adds to the device’s overall reliability.
Moreover, the glass is engineered according to the Triplex system. Upon impact, it retains its shape and remains attached to the film, reducing the risk of breakage into sharp fragments. This safety feature provides peace of mind for users, especially in households with active children or pets.
Ease Of Use
Finally, the Flora purifier earns praise for its user-friendly design. Operating is so simple that even a child can start the system with a button. This ease of use ensures users enjoy the benefits of cleaner air without any hassle.
The Flora purifier has unique features that make it an effective air purification solution. They include:
Flora utilizes living moss, specifically Leucobryum glaucum, as a natural biofilter to provide you with a source of fresh air. A recent study has proved the efficacy of nature-inspired moss-based biotechnological filters to remove pollutants, toxins, microorganisms, and particulate matter from the indoors, contributing to cleaner and fresher air.
The air purifier’s ceramic tower features a honeycomb structure that allows users to arrange the living moss in various patterns and designs. This customization adds a personal and creative touch to the air purifier, making it a visually appealing centerpiece in any room.
The Flora air purifier is crafted from eco-friendly materials, including wood, glass, ceramics, and organic moss. These components emphasize sustainability and responsible living, aligning with the principles of eco-conscious consumers.
The Flora air purifier incorporates a dual-stage filtration system with charcoal and coconut filters. This combination effectively absorbs and neutralizes odors, pollutants, and impurities, leaving the indoor environment fresh and clean.
The Flora purifier produces no noise, making it ideal for activities like meditation or in places that require quiet, like nurseries, bedrooms, and offices.
The air purifier includes an automatic shutdown feature, which activates if the lamp is accidentally knocked over. This safety measure helps prevent accidents and ensures peace of mind.
The Flora air purifier is easy to assemble and use, making it accessible to all ages. The power button operation and self-replaceable filters simplify maintenance and operation processes.
Beyond its air purification capabilities, the Flora air purifier is a decorative piece of functional furniture. It enhances the ambiance of any room with its unique design and the natural beauty of the living moss.
Multiple Models And Bundles
There are six different models and three bundles, allowing users to choose the one that best suits their room size and air purification needs.
The Flora Innovation Air Purifier is comprised of several components that provide efficient and eco-friendly air purification.
- Wooden Stand: The wooden base is a support structure for the gadget. It provides stability and elevates the entire assembly.
The Flora air purifier has six varieties of stands made from different types of wood, namely:
The choice of stand depends on your budget and personal preference. Users can select the one that best suits their interior decor and design preferences.
- Glass flask: The glass flask houses the core components of the air purification system, including the ceramic tower and moss. It protects the internal elements while allowing you to enjoy the visual appeal of the air purifier.
- Ceramic tower: The ceramic installation serves as the housing for the living moss. It is designed with a honeycomb structure that allows for the placement and growth of the moss.
- Moss: Moss is a living, breathing component of the air purifier. It acts as a natural air filter, actively removing pollutants and toxins from the indoor air. The unique ability of moss to absorb and retain moisture enhances its air-purifying capabilities.
- Power cord: The power cord connects the air purifier to an electrical outlet, providing the power for the unit to operate.
- Charcoal filter: The charcoal filter is essential to the air purification system. It effectively absorbs and neutralizes odors, pollutants, and impurities, contributing to a fresher indoor environment.
- Coconut filter: This filter adds a natural touch to the purification process. It complements the charcoal filter in enhancing air quality.
What Does The Flora Kit Contain?
Each Flora kit contains the following:
- User Manual: The user manual provides instructions on assembling, using, and maintaining the Flora air purifier. It is a valuable resource for ensuring proper operation.
- Flora air purifier elements for assembly: This includes a wooden stand with an air purification system, a green night light, a glass flask, and a white ceramic tower. When assembled, these components form the air purifier.
- Moss kit: This kit integrates environmental moss into the filters. The living moss acts as a biofilter, actively removing pollutants and toxins from indoor air.
- Power cord: The power cord is essential for connecting the air purifier to a power source, allowing it to function effectively.
- Charcoal filter: The charcoal filter absorbs and neutralizes odorous particles, pollutants, and impurities in the air.
- Coconut filter: The coconut substrate filter adds a natural touch to the air purification process.
- Gloves: These gloves are recommended for use when replacing the moss in the ceramic tower honeycomb of the Flora air purifier. They help keep hands clean, maintain hygiene, and prevent the transfer of substances that could adversely affect the moss.
- Tweezers: Specially designed tweezers securely grip the moss, allowing precise placement within the tower.
- Candle: The designer candle holder complements the overall Flora aesthetic. It creates a captivating atmosphere with the warm glow of a candle.
- Extra filters (Charcoal + Coconut): This filter combination uses activated charcoal and coir to absorb odors and toxins, aiding filtration. Coir is the natural fiber obtained from the coconut’s outer shell.
Which Place Should We Use Flora?
You can use Flora purifiers in almost all interior spaces to improve indoor air quality and enhance the overall ambiance. The manufacturer recommends the following locations:
- Home: Place the air purifier in different rooms within your house, such as bedrooms, living rooms, kitchens, nurseries, or basements, to create a cleaner and more comfortable living environment for you, your family, and your pets.
- Office: Improve the air quality in your office space, whether a small home office, a cubicle, or a larger corporate workspace. Cleaner air enhances enterprise productivity in the workplace.
- Workplace: Extend the use of Flora air purifiers to various workplace settings, including waiting rooms, conference halls, lobbies, and meeting rooms.
- Any room with specific air quality concerns: Use the Flora air purifier in rooms where you have air quality concerns. For example, placing the gadget in the affected room can help alleviate symptoms if you or a family member has allergies or asthma.
According to the official Flora website, the innovation receives positive user reviews. The moss-powered air purifier is making a name for itself in the market, with customers praising it for:
- Effectiveness at removing pollutants from the air.
- Child-friendly DIY assembly.
- Ease of use.
- Quiet operation, which makes it suitable for activities like meditation.
- Stylish minimalistic design.
- Making the perfect gift.
Flora offers a range of models at varying prices. This makes cleaner indoor air accessible to a wide range of consumers. Let’s take a closer look at the pricing options available so you can find the right fit for your budget.
|Model Type||Early Bird Prices|
|Flora Pine||€89 (about $95)|
|Flora Alder||€94 (about $100)|
|Flora Acacia||€98 (about $104)|
|Flora Oak||€109 (about $116)|
|Flora Ash||€117 (about $124)|
|Flora Beech||€126 (about $134)|
Multi-Model Packages: Savings And Variety
For those seeking a broader range of options or looking to purify the air in multiple rooms, Flora offers multi-model packages with impressive savings:
Flora Box: Three-In-One
€281 (about $298)
This package combines the Pine, Alder, and Acacia models, ensuring comprehensive air purification throughout your home or office at a substantial discount.
Flora Box 2: Four-In-One
€441 (about $467)
The Box 2 package includes the Pine, Oak, Ash, and Beech models for even more coverage. The set provides efficient air purification for four rooms while saving significantly.
Flora Total Box
€599 (about $634)
The Total Box is the ultimate air purification solution, encompassing all six models in the Flora Innovation lineup. This comprehensive package offers substantial savings while ensuring the highest-quality air in your home.
- Moss kit – €7 ($8).
- Charcoal + Coconut filters – €19 ($21).
- Gloves – €5 ($6).
- Tweezers – €12 ($13).
- Candle – €19 ($21).
Alternatives To Flora
Briiv Air Filter
- Sustainable and eco-friendly.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Low energy consumption.
- More expensive than some other air purifiers on the market.
- Requires regular maintenance.
The Moss Air
- 2-in-1 functionality combining air purification and humidification.
- User-friendly design.
- Visually appealing, natural aesthetic.
- The initial cost may be higher than that of single-purpose air purifiers.
- Requires regular maintenance.
- Made from organic and sustainable materials.
- Compact size and lightweight design
- Easy to use.
- The initial cost may be higher than traditional air purifiers.
- Requires regular maintenance.
Health Benefits Of Using Flora
The purported health benefits of using Flora are:
- Improved air quality: By actively filtering out pollutants, dust, pollen, and toxins from the air, Flora promotes cleaner and healthier indoor air quality. It helps you breathe quality oxygen, sleep, and improves your indoor life.
- Reduced allergies: Cleaning the air you breathe helps reduce allergens and decrease allergy symptoms such as sneezing, coughing, and itchy eyes.
- Supports respiratory health: When used with lung-supporting food, the Flora air purifier improves respiratory health, making breathing easier and reducing the risk of respiratory issues.
- Eco-friendly: Flora’s eco-friendly design and use of sustainable materials align with a healthier, more environmentally conscious lifestyle.
While the Flora air purifier offers numerous benefits, it’s best to be aware of potential side effects before you purchase it. The living moss used in the filtration system requires some maintenance, and neglecting it may lead to mold growth or decreased effectiveness.
Some individuals may experience mild skin irritation or allergic reactions when handling the living moss during maintenance. To minimize this risk, wear gloves and follow proper hygiene practices.
How To Use Flora
Using the Flora Innovation Air Purifier is straightforward. Below are step-by-step instructions on how to use this avant-garde air purifier:
Setting Up Your Flora Innovation Air Purifier
Before you use Flora, you’ll need to assemble the device:
- Unboxing: When you receive your Flora air purifier, it is partially built. This partially built boxing approach guarantees the safety of each component during shipping. Open the shipping box and carefully remove all the parts.
- Ceramic tower setup: Assemble the ceramic tower according to your creative preferences. You can randomly arrange the living moss in a gradient pattern or in a specific design.
- Base attachment: Once you have arranged the moss in the ceramic tower, securely attach it to the base provided. This secure attachment ensures stability and proper airflow for the air purification process.
Using the Flora Innovation Air Purifier
After assembling the natural air purifier, here’s how to make the most of your air purifier:
Select an appropriate location in your home or office to place the Flora Innovation Air Purifier. It works best in a central room where it can effectively circulate and filter the air. Ensure no obstructions are around the air intake and exhaust vents for proper airflow to facilitate moss growth and filter out contaminants.
Tips For Getting the Most Out of Your Flora Innovation Air Purifier
To maximize the benefits of your Flora Innovation Air Purifier:
- Periodically mist the living moss with water. The frequency of misting depends on the humidity in your home. Use distilled or filtered water for misting to prevent mineral buildup on the moss and avoid over-saturating the moss to prevent mold growth.
- Monitor the air quality in your home. It may take some time to notice significant improvements, so be patient. Pay attention to changes in allergy symptoms, respiratory comfort, and the overall freshness of the air.
- Avoid placing the air purifier in direct sunlight, as excessive heat can affect the moss’s health.
- Keep the air purifier away from sources of strong odors or pollutants, such as smoking areas or chemical storage areas.
Remember, following the manufacturer’s instructions for optimal performance and avoiding mechanical damage is best.
Flora Customer Reviews – What Do Real Users Say?
Very nice product, and I especially enjoyed assembling it with my kid.Mia
The minimalist design is perfect for my interior.Emma
Flora Innovation Air Purifier is an excellent choice for a unique, eco-friendly solution that cleans your indoor air and adds natural beauty to your living space. With its customizable moss arrangement, 100% eco-friendly materials, and a two-stage filtration process, Flora represents a perfect blend of decor and functionality.
The Flora Innovation Air Purifier provides clean air, sustainable living, and a more visually appealing interior.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best air purifier machine varies depending on your specific needs. Consider room size, types of pollutants you want to remove, and your budget to find the one that best suits your requirements.
When buying an air purifier, avoid models that use UV or ionization as they produce ozone, a harmful lung irritant. Ensure it is the right size for your space, and avoid noisy models to prevent disruption.
Yes, instant air purifiers work. They rely on technologies like HEPA filters, activated carbon filters, and UV light to remove pollutants like dust, pollen, smoke, and volatile organic compounds. However, using them in unoccupied rooms is recommended, as they can emit ozone.
Flora air purifiers use Leucobryum glaucum moss, also called pincushion moss. Its natural moisture-absorbing properties make the eco-friendly filtration system efficient.
Flora guarantees safety with child-friendly functions such as automatic shutdown when the lamp is toppled and durable Triplex glass to prevent shattering. It’s made from 100% eco-friendly, organic materials, prioritizing health and well-being for users and their surroundings.
+ 5 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- Paweł Świsłowski, Vergel, K., Zinicovscaia, I. and Wacławek, M. (2022). Mosses as a biomonitor to identify elements released into the air as a result of car workshop activities. [online] ResearchGate. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/359831023_Mosses_as_a_biomonitor_to_identify_elements_released_into_the_air_as_a_result_of_car_workshop_activities.
- Maximoff, S.N., Mittal, R., Kaushik, A. and Dhau, J.S. (2022). Performance evaluation of activated carbon sorbents for indoor air purification during normal and wildfire events. Chemosphere, [online] 304, pp.135314–135314. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2022.135314.
- Arinto Y. P. Wardoyo, Juswono, U.P. and Sugeng Rianto (2016). Developing particulate thin filter using coconut fiber for motor vehicle emission. [online] ResearchGate. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/313263634_Developing_particulate_thin_filter_using_coconut_fiber_for_motor_vehicle_emission#:~:text=In%20order%20to%20reduce%20the,power%20and%20mixed%20with%20glues.
- Andrii Biloshchytskyi, Oleksandr Kuchanskyi, Yurii Andrashko and Vladimir Vatskel (2023). Reducing Outdoor Air Pollutants through Moss-Based BioTechnological Purification Filter in Kazakhstan. [online] ResearchGate. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/372691778_Reducing_Outdoor_Air_Pollutants_through_Moss-Based_BioTechnological_Purification_Filter_in_Kazakhstan#:~:text=As%20a%20result%2C%20it%20is,%2C%20and%20500%20filters%2023.11%25.
- Le, D., Li, Y. and Ren, F. (2022). Does air quality improvement promote enterprise productivity increase? Based on the spatial spillover effect of 242 cities in China. Frontiers in Public Health, [online] 10. doi:https://doi.org/10.3389/fpubh.2022.1050971.