Hims Review 2023: Are Hims Products Effective & Legit? Pros & Cons
All articles are produced independently. When you click our links for purchasing products, we earn an affiliate commission. Learn more about how we earn revenue by reading our advertise disclaimer.
- Straightforward online interface
- Legitimate erectile dysfunction treatments
- Consultations set up within 24 hours
- Fully licensed doctors
- One-on-one mental therapy sessions
- All consultations set up in 24 hours or less
- Founded by Hillary Coles
- Based in San Francisco, USA
- Offers subscription-based services
- Appeared in several publications
- Created in 2017
- Helps with erectile dysfunction
- Promotes better sleep
- Alleviates stress and depression
- Strengthens connective tissues
- Enhances skin elasticity
About The Brand
Hims is a reputable company founded in 2017 by Hillary Coles, Andrew Dudum, Jack Abraham, and Joe Spector. The company is based in San Francisco, USA, and majorly sells personal care products and over-the-counter and prescription drugs. Hims was later joined by its sister company, Hers, a year later. Andrew Dudum serves as the current CEO for both Hims and Hers.
Hims has further expanded its services and offers mental health wellness, support groups, and online consultations. According to the Hims’ official website, all its medications have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. The company currently holds an impressive A+ score from the Better Business Bureau.
Top Hims Products In September 2023
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
The Line Up At A Glance
- Treats both erectile dysfunction and heart-related issues
- Slightly more affordable than Viagra
- Takes a shorter time to take effect
- You can easily choose when to take it
- Temporary and treatable side effects
- Lasts up to 36 hours
Best Scalp Treatment
- Offers full hair regrowth in 3-6 months
- Works as advertised (no scam)
- Relatively easy to use
- Promotes healthy skin, and strong nails, and combats thinning hair
- Excellent taste
- Highly nutritious
- Helps you fall asleep faster
- Contains chamomile extract and L-theanine
- Keeps you feeling fresh and active
Best Ingredient Content
- Effectively boosts collagen production
- Strengthens connective tissues
- Promotes skin elasticity
Best Depression Treatment
- Improves energy levels, appetite, and sleep habits
- Helps with withdrawal effects of nicotine
- Very unlikely to trigger sexual dysfunction
- Fast and smooth sign-up process
- Flexible and convenient
- All communication is private and secure
Best Seller Hims Products 2023
If you experience strong erectile dysfunction or pulmonary arterial hypertension symptoms, Sildenafil is a worthy treatment option.
- Highly effective in treating pulmonary arterial hypertension and erectile dysfunction, or ED
- Very affordable compared to other erectile dysfunction treatment alternatives
- Consumption timing is critical (to be taken an hour before sex)
- Not ideal for patients with a history of cardiac-related issues
- Best took on an empty stomach
Sildenafil is the main ingredient used in Viagra, which is approved by the Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Sildenafil helps improve blood flow within the penis to ensure that you have a longer-lasting erection. This “magic” drug from Hims takes about an hour before results become noticeable. Knowing this, it would be best to take it about 60 minutes prior to having sex.
In a study conducted in 2016, Sildenafil was tested on 11,264 erectile dysfunction patients. This was done in a span of 12 weeks and there were immense improvements in arousal, satisfaction, and orgasm.
Otherwise known as “the weekend pill,” Tadalafil is the best drug for men seeking faster and longer-lasting effects after consumption.
- Takes effect in the shortest time (approximately 20 to 30 minutes)
- Long-lasting effects (lasts for up to 36 hours)
- No diet restrictions while taking the pills
- May react negatively with alpha-blockers
- Not suitable for active alcohol users
Although it’s slightly more expensive than sildenafil, Hims tadalafil is more powerful when it comes to maintaining erections. Also, unlike sildenafil, it can be taken with food. Generic Cialis is currently one of the longest-lasting erectile dysfunction medications. In a three-month clinical trial conducted in 2016, Cialis was found to boost arousal among men with erectile dysfunction.
This medication is classified under phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors, or PDE5 inhibitors, that work by boosting blood flow toward the erectile tissue within the penis. Nitric oxide, a powerful vasodilator, is inhibited in its breakdown by PDE5 inhibitors. This drug can also be used in treating a condition known as benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH, which is a condition affecting the prostate gland.
Some temporary side effects of tadalafil include headaches, dyspepsia (heartburn and/or indigestion), back pain, muscle aches, nasal congestion, dizziness, and reduced blood pressure among others. If you’re on medication, ensure you seek medical advice before taking Tadalafil or any other male enhancement pill.
Topical Finasteride & Minoxidil Spray
Hims’ Topical Finasteride and Minoxidil spray is a game-changer when it comes to preserving normal hair growth as well as stimulating follicles for regrowth.
- Encourages fast and healthy hair growth
- Prevents excess hair shedding
- Reinvigorates hair growth cycle
- This may lead to erectile dysfunction over time
- May cause gynecomastia (enlarged breast tissue)
As the name suggests, Hims Topical and Finasteride & Minoxidil spray is a mix of two active ingredients – finasteride and minoxidil. The former helps to lower the sex hormone that triggers hair loss among men, dihydrotestosterone, while the latter helps you regrow hair by reviving dormant follicles.
Using this clinically proven scalp treatment product is pretty straightforward and results are assured in approximately three to six months. Although regular usage may trigger certain side effects, you stand to benefit more provided you use it according to the provided instructions. Provided you use the Hims hair spray reviews as advised by your medical provider, you won’t experience any adverse side effects. Once you sign up for a Hims account, you’ll speak with a certified dermatologist who will assess your hair loss before purchasing this product.
Biotin Gummy Vitamins
The delicious sour berry taste of the Biotin Gummy Vitamins is a major attraction for most users. Don’t be surprised when they come in one big blob; that might be due to their low heat intolerance.
- Promotes healthy skin, strong nails, and thick hair
- Contains essential nutrients good for digestion, nerves, and the heart
- Has great taste
- Not so tolerant to heat
- May take time before results become visible
Biotin gummy vitamins provide an effective dosage of vitamin B7, which is important for healthy hair, nails, and skin. According to the Hims website, the developers worked closely with an expert confectioner and doctors to ensure it delivers great taste with the right amount of nutrients.
Hims Biotin gummies are carefully formulated with vitamins B6, B12, and D to ensure it gives your body the necessary nutrients to keep it healthy and strong. Rest assured that you’ll be taking a natural, gluten-free vitamin with a satisfying berry flavor taste.
You’ll need to take just one biotin gummy every day for maximum benefits. If you’re taking an alternative multivitamin, consult with your healthcare professional first before making the switch to biotin gummies.
Melatonin Sleep Gummies
Melatonin Sleep Gummies from Hims is carefully formulated with chamomile, L-theanine, and melatonin extract to improve your sleep and keep you well-rested.
- Highly affordable and available in most stores.
- Delectable pomegranate berry flavor taste.
- Eye-catching and irresistible branding.
- Some users may find it hard to swallow.
Hims Melatonin Sleep Gummies are one of the best-packaged products in the Hims line-up. Each gummy is packed with 2 milligrams of melatonin. The recommended serving size is two gummies, which is a pretty reasonable maintenance dose.
Melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone in plants and animals that are known to control the sleep-wake cycle and the overall response to darkness. Melatonin Sleep Gummies are also loaded with essential ingredients such as L-theanine and chamomile extract which help enhance sleep in their own unique ways.
Take two melatonin gummies each day around two to three hours before bed. You’ll sleep soundly every night.
Collagen Protein Powder
Being a fairly new product, Hims Collagen Protein Powder may not have lived up to all its claims yet. However, most users are pleased that it is flavorless and the fact that it contains 18 distinctive amino acids, each with its own noticeable benefits.
- Gluten-free, soy-free, GMO-free formula
- Dissolves completely in both hot and warm liquids
- Pleasant and simple packaging
- Some users may experience mild side effects such as stomach pain and gas
Hims’ Collagen Protein Powder contains extracts of 18 different amino acids. This supplement is void of harmful artificial sweeteners, gluten, or genetically modified organisms. You can mix it with any liquid at any time of the day for a quick nutrient boost. It is currently available in an unflavored form, which is desirable in any collagen powder.
This product contains important peptides that enhance skin elasticity, and encourage joint health and muscle recovery post-workout. It’s also relatively easy to use: just add a scoop of the powder into your preferred drink and stir it thoroughly. We recommend adding it to your morning tea or coffee for faster results.
Bupropion XL is a widely recommended treatment option for users with seasonal affective disorder, depression, and other mental issues.
- Promotes improvements in energy levels, appetite, and sleep habits
- Helps you deal better with the withdrawal effects of nicotine
- Very unlikely to trigger sexual dysfunction
- Takes up to eight weeks before the effects become noticeable
- Although rare, has a four-fold risk of seizure compared with other antidepressants
Hims’ Bupropion XL is an antidepressant that also doubles as a smoking cessation aid. It blocks nicotine receptors in the brain while also blocking the reuptake of the reward neurotransmitter, dopamine, which is what satisfies smokers’ cravings.
Most practitioners recommend Bupropion XL as a treatment option for seasonal affective disorder, or seasonal affective disorder. Otherwise known as Wellbutrin, Bupropion XL helps lower cravings and other dopamine-craving withdrawal symptoms that are common for anyone looking to quit tobacco products such as cigarettes.
Bupropion XL typically takes about six weeks to two months before it takes full effect. During this time, you won’t experience any adverse side effects that are associated with most antidepressants (e.g., sexual dysfunction, weight loss, or drowsiness). If you’re using it as a smoking cessation aid, it may take several weeks for the medication to start working.
We recommend that you start taking Bupropion around week seven or 12 after you quit smoking.
Very few mental health companies today can offer 50 minutes worth of online therapy for a mere $99. Hims Mental Health is an excellent option for men struggling with depression, anxiety, burnout, and other mental health issues.
- More affordable compared to its alternatives
- Free support group sessions
- Easy-to-navigate web layout
- Physician interactions are online only
Hims Mental Health is a reliable mental health treatment platform for men in need of professional assistance in dealing with anxiety and depression. All therapy sessions are carried out online–via both web and app–with board-certified psychiatrists. The sessions last for 50 minutes and you can schedule an appointment at a time of your choosing.
Once you sign up for the service, you’ll be matched automatically with a suitable provider who will require you to complete an online assessment.
The provider will review your answers, then give you a detailed response in 24 hours or less. Based on your answers, the provider will prescribe you an appropriate medication that will be shipped directly to you at no additional cost.
- Some erectile dysfunction products are FDA-approved.
- Wide variety of erectile dysfunction treatment options.
- Easy-to-navigate website.
- Fast shipping.
- Excellent customer support.
- Unique and attractive packaging.
- Somewhat expensive products.
What Do We Like About Hims?
Hims is a leading telehealth brand that deals with men’s products that revolve around hair, skincare, and sexual prescription medications. It was founded back in 2017 by Hillary Coles and Andrew Dudum as a company that only specialized in hair loss treatment and erectile dysfunction medication.
The following are some of its best features:
Hims links you to expert medical providers and offers FDA-approved prescription treatment alternatives to ensure you enjoy your best life. When you sign up, you’ll be required to answer some straightforward questions in regard to your treatment preferences, your health, and your symptoms. Hims will then match you with a qualified medical provider to assess your data and then determine the right medication for you.
Once you get your prescription, Hims will have your medication delivered discreetly and directly to you. You won’t be required to visit any pharmacy at any point in your consultation.
Reliable Mental Health Care
With Hims, you get a lot more than what most other mental health services offer. Consultations are available for mental health issues, including anxiety and depression, job burnout stress, sleep problems, crucial life events, and so on. As soon as your licensed therapist understands your problem, they’ll advise you accordingly and recommend high-grade medications such as bupropion XL, buspirone HCI, and citalopram, among others.
All counseling sessions are done online and free of charge. This offers easy and flexible scheduling as compared to difficulties associated with in-person consultations.
Effective Skin Care Products
All Skincare products by Hims are science-backed and made using 100 percent natural ingredients. Hims will connect you to world-class skincare providers to help you get the best out of your skin and look your best in the shortest time. All that’s required from you is to answer a few simple questions about your treatment goals, overall health, and skin condition. Your information will be thoroughly analyzed, and you’ll be matched with a certified medical provider who will offer you a customized skincare treatment option.
Hims’ skincare products are designed to alleviate skin-related conditions such as sun damage, fine lines, forehead wrinkles, crow’s feet, and even dry skin.
Alternatives To Hims
- Delivers results in an effective and safe manner
- Lifetime money-back guarantee
- Vegan friendly
- Only available on the official website
- All ingredients are 100 percent natural and clinically tested
- Promotes better sexual confidence and overall confidence
- Effects may take up to 90 days to become noticeable
- Packed with essential nutrients and vitamins
- Little to no side effects
- Contains strong antioxidant qualities
- Claims made are scientifically inaccurate
Hims is a popular telehealth company that delivers on all its claims. If you’re dealing with a health concern of any kind, there’s no need to make your way to your nearest clinic. This detailed Hims pills review has proven that you can regain full control of your sexual health in no time. At Hims, you’ll receive free online consultations, active support groups, and personalized treatment alternatives. Before you schedule an online visit, feel free to look into the kind of products or services that other telehealth firms have to offer.
At the end of the day, you’ll find that Hims offers a more commendable treatment diversity compared to their competition. This company continues to grow in a way that renders them a huge force in the telemedicine sphere. Although some may consider their services a little expensive, it’s all worth it in the end.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Based on this Hims ED review will be a thing of the past. Hims’ products (mostly the pills and potions) work super effectively. You just need to give them about three to four months for the effects to become noticeable.
It takes about two hours for Hims’ effects to wear off. Some extended-release or long-lasting preparations, such as Cialis, have effects lasting as long as 36 hours.
Hims’ active ingredient is somewhat similar to what you’d expect from the popular Viagra erectile dysfunction supplement
It will take about an hour for the effects to get to their peak, so it’s advisable to take the pills approximately 30 to 60 minutes prior to engaging in sexual activity.
Reported effects of Hims’ ED pills include rashes, dizziness, nausea, muscle/back pain, nasal congestion, blurred vision, upset stomach, flushing, and headaches. It might take a while before your body fully adapts to the drug; before then, expect some of these symptoms.
+ 8 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- Goldstein, I., Tseng, L.-J., Creanga, D., Stecher, V. and Kaminetsky, J.C. (2016). Efficacy and Safety of Sildenafil by Age in Men With Erectile Dysfunction. The Journal of Sexual Medicine, [online] 13(5), pp.852–859. doi:10.1016/j.jsxm.2016.02.166.
- Condorelli, R.A., Calogero, A.E., Di Mauro, M., Mongioì, L.M., Russo, G.I., Morgia, G. and La Vignera, S. (2016). Effects of tadalafil treatment combined with physical activity in patients with low onset hypogonadism: results from a not-randomized single arm phase 2 study. The Aging Male, [online] 19(3), pp.155–160. doi:10.1080/13685538.2016.1177717.
- Nih.gov. (2017). Phosphodiesterase Type 5 (PDE5) Inhibitors. [online] Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK548192/#:~:text=The%20phosphodiesterase%20type%205%20(PDE5,including%20nitric%20oxide%20(NO).
- Ng, M. and Baradhi, K.M. (2022). Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. [online] Nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK558920/#:~:text=BPH%20describes%20the%20histological%20changes,are%20termed%20benign%20prostatic%20obstruction.
- Kaufman, K.D., Olsen, E.A., Whiting, D., Savin, R., DeVillez, R., Bergfeld, W., Price, V.H., Van Neste, D., Roberts, J.L., Hordinsky, M., Shapiro, J., Binkowitz, B. and Gormley, G.J. (1998). Finasteride in the treatment of men with androgenetic alopecia. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, [online] 39(4), pp.578–589. doi:10.1016/s0190-9622(98)70007-6.
- Kim, S., Jo, K., Hong, K.-B., Han, S.H. and Suh, H.J. (2019). GABA and l-theanine mixture decreases sleep latency and improves NREM sleep. Pharmaceutical Biology, [online] 57(1), pp.64–72. doi:10.1080/13880209.2018.1557698.
- Adib, M. and Seyedeh Nesa Mousavi (2017). The effects of chamomile extract on sleep quality among elderly people: A clinical trial. [online] ResearchGate. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320401757_The_effects_of_chamomile_extract_on_sleep_quality_among_elderly_people_A_clinical_trial
- The Pink Sheet (2016). BURROUGHS WELLCOME TO RELAUNCH ANTIDEPRESSANT WELLBUTRIN IN MID-JULY AFTER ABORTED LAUNCH IN 1986; FDA-APPROVED LABELING INCLUDES DATA ON SEIZURE RISK. [online] Pink Sheet. Available at: https://pink.pharmaintelligence.informa.com/PS015845/BURROUGHS-WELLCOME-TO-RELAUNCH-ANTIDEPRESSANT-WELLBUTRIN-IN-MIDJULY-AFTER-ABORTED-LAUNCH-IN-1986-FDAAPPROVED-LABELING-INCLUDES-DATA-ON-SEIZURE-RISK