This article is reviewed by a team of registered dietitians and medical doctors with extensive, practical clinical and public health experience.
Best Glucomannan Supplements For Weight Loss 2023
All articles are produced independently. When you click our links for purchasing products, we earn an affiliate commission. Learn more about how we earn revenue by reading our advertise disclaimer.
- Specially formulated for women
- All-natural formula
- Offers numerous health benefits
- High Glucomannan content
- Contains an amino acid
- Contains three kinds of caffeine
- Boost your energy and concentration
- Boosts your metabolism
In today’s world, dietary supplements have become a craze that makes the best glucomannan supplement topic has become confusing. That is because people require them for various reasons, including weight loss, nutritional supplementation, bulking up, mental sharpening, etc.
This article discusses the benefits of glucomannan as a weight-loss supplement. So read on to learn everything t about glucomannan, including what it is, what it does for weight reduction and all of its key benefits.
The best part is that we also highlight five different brands of the best Glucomannan supplements and their ingredient profiles, health benefits, and advantages and disadvantages.
So let’s get this ball rolling.
Best Glucomannan Supplements On The Market In (June. 2023)
- LeanBean – Editor’s Choice
- Hourglass Fit – Best Caffeine-Free
- Trimtone– Best Caffeinated
- Puritan’s Pride Konjac Root Glucomannan – Best Allergen-Free
- NOW Foods Glucomannan Powder – Best Pure
What Is Glucomannan?
Glucomannan is a nutritional supplement made from the root of the Konjac plant. It is a well-known herb in Asian culture, with countries having used it for millennia to treat various diseases and enhance overall health.
It contains some essential minerals and vitamins that help the immunological, metabolic systems, and digestive tract to work.
What Does It Do To Our Body?
Glucomannan is a plant-based dietary fiber that can help you feel full by forcing your digestive tract to enlarge. It also has a role in the metabolism of glucose and the formation of linkages with lipids in the body. It allows them to flow through without becoming absorbed.
Glucomannan is an effective weight loss supplement since it aids in the regulation of our appetite and the burning of extra sugars in our bodies.
Top 5 Best Glucomannan Pills For Weight Loss
As previously mentioned, glucomannan has numerous benefits that women enjoy, especially when it comes to weight loss.
- Best designed for women
- No synthetic additives
- It keeps your appetite down
- Aids in overall weight loss
Besides losing weight; the women’s health glucomannan capsules promise you a boost of metabolism, better nutrient absorption, and appetite suppression thanks to the following ingredients:
It contains glucomannan from the Konjac root which provides fiber with appetite-suppressing properties.
- Garcinia Cambogia is a fruit commonly used to make you feel fuller after a meal. And so, if you’re attempting to keep track of your calories, this is a fantastic ingredient.
- B6 and B12 are two of the essential B vitamins. These substances, often known as “thermogenic,” can help you stay alert. Vitamins also aid in the faster metabolization of sugar by your cells. This implies less fat is converted to triglycerides (fat) and stored in the body.
- It contains fat-burning thermogenic turmeric and green coffee extracts.
- Choline is a natural substance produced chiefly by the liver. It’s necessary for fat cell synthesis.
- Leanbean’s zinc will also assist you in metabolizing carbohydrates and fatty acids more efficiently, increasing the effects of a restricted-calorie diet (RCD).
- Leanbean has added piperine and chromium to aid your body’s “macronutrient synthesis.” Both substances work together to assist your body in absorbing, processing, and distributing the other nutrients.
Hourglass Fit has used thermogenic ingredients which speed up the weight loss process. By helping users burn more calories, the body can balance blood glucose, boost metabolism, and maintain a healthy cholesterol level
- Has an amino acid called 5-HTP (hydroxytryptophan) that promotes the production of serotonin
- The highest value of glucomannan content on this list
- Has B-vitamins that aid in thermogenesis
- Only available via the brand’s official site
Hourglass Fit Glucomannan supplement contains the most diverse list of ingredients. And besides Glucomannan root, the main ingredient at 3000 mg, it also includes:
- Capsimax is a patented thermogenic which contains the cayenne pepper’s metabolizing properties.
- Chromium, which has been shown to help lower appetite and improve metabolism in past studies.
- Vitamin B Complex, which includes B2, B6, and B12, is present. All of these have been clinically proven to aid in developing a healthy metabolism.
- 5-HTP (Hydroxytryptophan). This protein is found naturally in your body and aids in the production of serotonin. It aids in emotional stabilization and informs the body that it is full, allowing one to better combat cravings.
Trimtone is one of the best glucomannan supplements because it goes beyond just helping with weight loss. It also optimized your metabolism, your energy levels, and your focus.
- Three different kinds of caffeine
- Boosts your cognitive functions
- Boosts your energy levels and optimizes your metabolism
- Not suitable for people who get jitters after taking caffeine
Trimtone Glucomannan Supplement makers are proud that their product is beloved by many. And that is simply because it offers more than just helping you lose weight. With a shaped wit, an energy boost, and healthier metabolism, it is no surprise it’s one of the best.
The brand is open about its products’ testing and research results. This simply creates a trustworthy relationship since clients know exactly what they consume. In conclusion, here are the ingredients used:
Besides glucomannan, the first ingredient is a straight caffeine extract of about 100 mg per serving. This first type is responsible for the energy boost for a workout. It also boosts concentration and supports fat metabolism.
Unroasted green coffee extract is helpful in this blend as it aids in the regulation of blood sugar levels in the body.
Green tea extracts are the third caffeine type, and their role is in lowering the body mass index(BMI) of the user.
The last ingredient is Grains of paradise, which can help burn brown adipose tissue or BAT. BAT is a unique type of fat that helps your body stay warm. When your body temperature dips below a specific level, your body will burn brown adipose tissue to maintain body heat. Brown adipose tissue, when triggered, boosts your total energy use, resulting in weight reduction.
Puritan’s Pride Konjac Root Glucomannan
This company has been around for about 45 years. As a result, their Glucomannan products are trusted all over the world.
- No synthetic additives
- It is allergen-free
- It is pocket-friendly
- It is not suitable for pregnant women
- It contains gelatin
Brand reputation is fundamental in the wellness and fitness industry, especially one that supplies supplements. Also, the duration a company has been operational shows a lot. And since Puritan’s Pride has been in the business for almost half a decade proves that they are doing something right. And that is, without a doubt, giving clients a product that aids in weight loss.
It has a minimal list of ingredients that make it one of the best all-natural Glucomannan supplements. It has Konjac root glucomannan, gelatin, and vegetable magnesium stearate. Gelatin may help suppress hunger since it can make you feel fuller. Vegetable magnesium stearate is a food additive used by the company to ensure high-quality capsules.
NOW Foods Glucomannan Powder
NOW Foods Glucomannan works best when combined with healthy behaviors like exercise and a well-balanced diet.
- It promotes healthy weight management
- It is kosher
- It is vegan and vegetarian-friendly
- It is a non-GMO product
- May pose a choking hazard
If you have been looking for a gentle fiber supplement glucomannan to aid weight loss, then this might be the one. Unlike most supplements in the market, NOW Foods Glucomannan supplement has only one ingredient: Glucomannan. The premium herbal glucomannan helps to maintain digestive consistency since glucomannan is a soluble, surplus fiber extracted from the konjac root.
Glucomannan may also aid in the maintenance of blood lipid levels that are already within normal limits. Glucomannan can also be a valuable supplement to a weight-loss regimen that includes a good diet and exercise routine because it promotes fullness.
For healthy blood glucose levels, regulated blood pressure, and optimized weight loss management, you should not consume more than 4 to 5 grams of glucomannan per day.
However, you should know how much glucomannan dosage to take may vary significantly. There is no standardized glucomannan supplement dosage. The maker of the supplement and the form it comes in influence what amount is prescribed.
The supplements might be glucomannan pure powder, pill form gummies, or glucomannan capsules, and the dosage will be clearly stated on the container by the manufacturer.
How To Choose The Best Glucomannan Supplements
Before going ahead and buying a stack of powdered glucomannan or the best glucomannan pills for weight loss, these are the things you need to consider:
The Form The Glucomannan Product Comes As
Glucomannan products come in various forms, as mentioned above: powder, pills, capsules, and gummies. So, which ones do you find most appealing and easiest to take?
Capsules and powder are the most popular alternatives, with powdered being more popular because you can blend them into shakes and smoothies.
You can find premium herbal glucomannan in the market with or without gelatin, which may jeopardize a vegan’s lifestyle. This means that with regard to your allergens, lifestyle, and preferences, you need to go with the best Glucomannan supplement that fits.
You also need to check the types of vitamins including gauging all the benefits they proffer to your body to support weight loss. Lastly, check if it contains gluten, especially if you are allergic.
Your Health Status
Before starting any new supplement it is always wise to talk to a physician to make sure there are no drug interactions and that you are in good health to take the supplement. Some individuals cannot tolerate a fiber supplement. With others, a fiber supplement may cause drug interactions or change the dosage of a medication.
Being pregnant is another health consideration. But according to one study, which looked at the side effects of glucomannan on prenatal constipation, uncovered that roughly 75% of women had six times bowel movements, compared to only 25% of women who had more than six times bowels. Fiber intake becomes more important when one is pregnant with a recommendation of 28 grams of fiber per day.
Last, but not least, the final factor that will determine how to choose a good Glucomannan supplement for you is your budget. This addresses how much you are willing to spend to get an all-natural Glucomannan supplement.
It would be best to note that getting Glucomannan powder, pills, or gummies to aid weight loss is rarely a one-time purchase. You will have to buy over an extended period to get to healthy cholesterol levels, blood sugar levels, blood pressure, and weight loss. With that in mind, you can then go with the best foods, glucomannan powder, tablets, or gummies that fit your budget.
A good glucomannan supplement can help you get rid of bad LDL cholesterol levels, lower blood sugar levels, give you a healthy metabolism, and most importantly, offer optimized healthy weight management. However, consult your doctor before taking the supplements to ensure they work well with you.
Nevertheless, remember to use the recommended mg per serving using the best glucomannan supplement as advised by your physician. This way, you get the most out of it and celebrate all the benefits of this substance. And suppose you have any adverse side effects of glucomannan, stop taking the supplement and seek medical help at once.
Frequently Asked Questions
Glucomannan may alleviate constipation by absorbing water and forming a bulky fiber in the gastrointestinal tract. It may also help manage sugar levels in diabetes and lower cholesterol levels by slowing sugar and cholesterol absorption in the intestines.
If you use the dietary supplement for up to 4 months, glucomannan powder and capsules are POSSIBLY SAFE for most adults and children. On the other hand, solid glucomannan tablets are POSSIBLY UNSAFE for adults and LIKELY UNSAFE for children. These can induce obstructions in the throat or intestines.
They could be an excellent fit for a ketogenic diet because they help with weight loss. The glucomannan in shirataki noodles increases the volume of cholesterol expelled in the stool. This results in less cholesterol being reabsorbed into the blood.
If you’re trying to lose weight, it’s best to take a glucomannan dietary supplement for about 15-30 minutes before consuming a meal. It shouldn’t matter when you take it for other purposes, but try to avoid having it too close to your bedtime.
Yes, pregnant women can use glucomannan supplements.
Glucomannan, according to research, is actually used to treat constipation which may be beneficial to expectant mothers.
+ 21 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- Keithley, J.K., Swanson, B., Mikolaitis, S.L., DeMeo, M., Zeller, J.M., Fogg, L. and Adamji, J. (2013). Safety and Efficacy of Glucomannan for Weight Loss in Overweight and Moderately Obese Adults. Journal of Obesity, [online] 2013, pp.1–7. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3892933/#:~:text=With%20its%20low%20energy%20density,expands%20in%20the%20gastrointestinal%20tract.
- NurAsyiken, W., Kah Seng Lee, JuneChoon Wai Yee and Ming, L.C. (2016). Evidence of Garcinia cambogia as a fat burning and appetite suppressing agents. [online] ResearchGate. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/303554966_Evidence_of_Garcinia_cambogia_as_a_fat_burning_and_appetite_suppressing_agents
- Tinsley, G.M., Urbina, S., Mullins, J., Outlaw, J., Hayward, S., Stone, M., Foster, C., Wilborn, C. and Taylor, L. (2017). Influence of A Thermogenic Dietary Supplement on Safety Markers, Body Composition, Energy Expenditure, Muscular Performance and Hormone Concentrations: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind Trial. Journal of sports science & medicine, [online] 16(4), pp.459–467. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5721174/
- CHOW, B.F. and STONE, H.H. (1957). The Relationship of Vitamin B12 to Carbohydrate Metabolism and Diabetes Mellitus. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, [online] 5(4), pp.431–439. Available at: https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article-abstract/5/4/431/4787047?redirectedFrom=fulltext
- Akbari, M., Lankarani, K.B., Tabrizi, R. and Zatollah Asemi (2019). The Effects of Curcumin on Weight Loss Among Patients With Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders: A… [online] ResearchGate. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/333732702_The_Effects_of_Curcumin_on_Weight_Loss_Among_Patients_With_Metabolic_Syndrome_and_Related_Disorders_A_Systematic_Review_and_Meta-Analysis_of_Randomized_Controlled_Trials
- Igho Onakpoya, Terry, R. and Ernst, E. (2011). The Use of Green Coffee Extract as a Weight Loss Supplement: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of… [online] ResearchGate. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/46428218_The_Use_of_Green_Coffee_Extract_as_a_Weight_Loss_Supplement_A_Systematic_Review_and_Meta-Analysis_of_Randomised_Clinical_Trials
- Elsawy, G., Abdelrahman, O. and Hamza, A. (2014). Effect of Choline Supplementation on Rapid Weight Loss and Biochemical Variables Among Female Taekwondo and Judo Athletes. Journal of Human Kinetics, [online] 40(1), pp.77–82. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4096089/
- Zine Kechrid, Nazan D and Cherif ABDENNOUR (2002). Effect of dietary zinc intake on the zinc and carbohydrate metabolism in rats. [online] ResearchGate. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/236148273_Effect_of_dietary_zinc_intake_on_the_zinc_and_carbohydrate_metabolism_in_rats
- Du, Y., Chen, Y., Fu, X. and Qin, L. (2020). Effects of piperine on lipid metabolism in high-fat diet induced obese mice. [online] ResearchGate. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/341488519_Effects_of_piperine_on_lipid_metabolism_in_high-fat_diet_induced_obese_mice
- Rogers, J., Urbina, S.L., Taylor, L.W., Wilborn, C.D., Purpura, M., Jäger, R. and Juturu, V. (2018). Capsaicinoids supplementation decreases percent body fat and fat mass: adjustment using covariates in a post hoc analysis. BMC Obesity, [online] 5(1). Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6088424/
- Anton, S.D., Morrison, C.D., Cefalu, W.T., Martin, C.K., Coulon, S., Geiselman, P., Han, H., White, C.L. and Williamson, D.A. (2008). Effects of Chromium Picolinate on Food Intake and Satiety. Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics, [online] 10(5), pp.405–412. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18715218/
- Zheng, Y., Ma, A., Zheng, M., Wang, Q., Liang, H., Han, X. and Schouten, E.G. (2018). B Vitamins Can Reduce Body Weight Gain by Increasing Metabolism-related Enzyme Activities in Rats Fed on a High-Fat Diet. Current Medical Science, [online] 38(1), pp.174–183. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30074168/
- Sauer, H., Mack, I., Kohler, S., Siegle, S., Rieber, N., Zipfel, S., Otto, B., Ritze, Y., Bischoff, S.C. and Enck, P. (2014). The Effects of 5-Hydroxytryptophan in Combination with Different Fatty Acids on Gastrointestinal Functions: A Pilot Experiment. Gastroenterology Research and Practice, [online] 2014, pp.1–7. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4156978/
- American Chemical Society. (2013). New evidence that natural substances in green coffee beans help control blood sugar levels – American Chemical Society. [online] Available at: https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/pressroom/newsreleases/2013/april/new-evidence-that-natural-substances-in-green-coffee-beans-help-control-blood-sugar-levels.html
- Chen, I-Ju., Liu, C.-Y., Chiu, J.-P. and Hsu, C.-H. (2016). Therapeutic effect of high-dose green tea extract on weight reduction: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Clinical Nutrition, [online] 35(3), pp.592–599. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26093535/
- SUGITA, J., YONESHIRO, T., SUGISHIMA, Y., IKEMOTO, T., UCHIWA, H., SUZUKI, I. and SAITO, M. (2014). Daily Ingestion of Grains of Paradise (Aframomum melegueta) Extract Increases Whole-Body Energy Expenditure and Decreases Visceral Fat in Humans. Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology, [online] 60(1), pp.22–27. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24759256/
- Sood, N., Baker, W.L. and Coleman, C.I. (2008). Effect of glucomannan on plasma lipid and glucose concentrations, body weight, and blood pressure: systematic review and meta-analysis. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, [online] 88(4), pp.1167–1175. Available at: https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/88/4/1167/4650004
- Ananda Hochstenbach-Waelen, Soenen, S., Klaas Westerterp and Westerterp-Plantenga, M.S. (2011). Effects of a supra-sustained gelatin–milk protein diet compared with (supra-)sustained milk protein diets… [online] ResearchGate. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/49790180_Effects_of_a_supra-sustained_gelatin-milk_protein_diet_compared_with_supra-sustained_milk_protein_diets_on_body-weight_loss
- Hobbs, C.A., Saigo, K., Koyanagi, M. and Hayashi, S. (2017). Magnesium stearate, a widely-used food additive, exhibits a lack of in vitro and in vivo genotoxic potential. Toxicology Reports, [online] 4, pp.554–559. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5655391/
- Janani, F. and Changaee, F. (2018). The effect of glucomannan on pregnancy constipation. Journal of family medicine and primary care, [online] 7(5), pp.903–906. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6259526/
- Fatemeh Janani and Farahnaz Changaee (2018). The effect of glucomannan on pregnancy constipation. [online] ResearchGate. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/330079758_The_effect_of_glucomannan_on_pregnancy_constipation#:~:text=Glucomannan%2C%20a%20combination%20of%20a,and%20approved%20by%20pregnant%20women.