This article is reviewed by a team of registered dietitians and medical doctors with extensive, practical clinical and public health experience.
6 Best SARMs For Cutting & Bulking To Buy 2023
All articles are produced independently. When you click our links for purchasing products, we earn an affiliate commission. Learn more about how we earn revenue by reading our advertise disclaimer.
CrazyBulk Ostarine MK-2866
- Fat burner.
- Significant muscle gains.
- Interacts with musculoskeletal androgen receptor (AR)
Testolone RAD 140
- Fast lean mass gains.
- Increase energy levels.
- Faster muscle healing.
- Support heart health.
- Improves insulin sensitivity.
If you want to take your workouts to the next level and achieve your bodybuilding goals, you might be considering SARMs, or selective androgen receptor modulators.
They’re a performance-enhancing supplement targeting specific androgen receptors to help you build muscle, burn fat, and improve endurance.
However, with so many SARMs on the market, it’s not easy to know which brands you can trust. After all, the bodybuilding industry is ripe, with new supplements appearing almost weekly. And their track record for transparency hasn’t been exactly stellar. So we’ve updated our list and done the research for you.
We included products like Testolone RAD-140, Ligandrol LGD-4033, and Ostarine MK-2866, all of which are effective in clinical studies. Keep reading to discover the science behind the best SARMs for cutting and bulking in 2023.
6 Best SARMs For Cutting & Bulking On The Market In (June. 2023)
- CrazyBulk Ostarine MK-2866 – Editor’s Choice
- Testolone RAD 140 – Best SARMs For Bulking
- Cardarine GW501516 – Best SARMs For Overall Health
- Ibutamoren MK 677 – Best SARMs For Bone Health
- Stenabolic SR9009 – Best Non-hormonal SARM
- Ligandrol LGD-4033 – Best SARMs For Reducing Muscle Mass Loss
What Are SARMs?
SARMs are performance-enhancing products that promote anabolism, which is the increase of muscle mass and strength. Anabolism uses energy to build molecules the body needs; it is the opposite of catabolism, which breaks down molecules to release energy. SARMS, by activating androgen receptors (AR), mimic the action of natural androgens.
These are not anabolic steroids but artificial ligands, i.e., molecules that attach to larger molecules, in this case, to those of androgen receptors that initiate their actions.
So, what are androgens and androgen receptors?
Androgens are a collection of sex hormones, and they are found in both men and women. They are responsible for kickstarting reproductive growth that happens in adolescence. In males, androgens can be natural or synthetic steroids that help regulate and maintain reproductive functions. They do this job by binding with androgen receptors (ARs).
Androgen signaling through the AR determines muscle, skeleton, and secondary reproductive organ growth and function. Androgens have an anabolic impact on muscles, increasing muscle growth and strength.
This means that, with an increase in AR activation, you may experience an increase in lean muscle mass and muscle strength; but with blocked receptors, lean mass tissue and strength are lost.
When Do You Need to Use Stack SARMs?
SARMs are a safer option than anabolic steroids since they may offer many of the same advantages, such as muscle development, preventing muscle wastage, hastening muscle recovery after injury, increasing endurance, etc., but without the dangerous negative effects.
Unlike anabolic steroids, they do not have nasty steroidal side effects like acne, elevated blood pressure, baldness, decrease in testicular size, impotence, tendon tears, mental dysfunction, or even death.
That said, SARMs are used when massive muscle gains, improve body composition, preserve muscle mass, burn fat, and boosting of muscle strength are sought, but without the nasty steroid side effects.
However, please note that most SARMs are illegal in the sporting world and are only available for research in many regions. Professionals cannot prescribe legal SARMs.
When caught selling, buying, or using SARMs for non-research-related reasons, you could be in big trouble with the federal drug authority of the United States, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as well as with other regulatory bodies, including law enforcement.
6 Best SARMs For Cutting And Bulking In 2023
Ostarine MK 2866 (Osta 2866)
Ostarine includes a strong mechanism that controls body fat percentage while promoting rapid muscular growth. It is suitable for both men and women–pros as well as amateurs.
- It is aggressive at burning fat.
- It initiates the regeneration of muscles.
- It protects muscles from wasting away.
- It is safe to use as part of SARM stacks.
- Post-cycle hormone therapy can be necessary to regulate hormones.
- It is an experimental drug that is the subject of in-depth study.
MK 2866 binds to the androgen receptors in the skeletal system to promote muscle repair. Like other potent SARMs, it solely affects the AR in the musculoskeletal system, which helps you achieve your objectives similar to anabolic steroids while protecting you from their terrible adverse effects.
MK 2866 fits both cutting and bulking cycles equally well. Nevertheless, exercise fanatics often favor it for its intense ability to burn fat and build lean muscle.
The doses of MK 2866 often start at the lowest level to give the body time to tolerate it. Your dosage is also recalculated periodically to fit your current fitness level or the objectives you are primarily working for.
Testolone Rad 140 (Testol 140)
Testolone Rad 140 is a mass and strength-building anabolic with several benefits, making it the most powerful SARM for strength. It promotes muscle toning to build strong muscles, lose fat, and promote the appearance of overall health.
- It fosters faster muscle gain.
- It helps with fat burning.
- Its components effectively build muscle mass.
- It boosts energy and stamina.
- It cannot be prescribed or recommended by medical providers.
Using this SARM may promote some intense growth of lean mass. It does this by boosting protein synthesis, which speeds up muscle healing and growth.
It may also increase energy levels, stamina, and workout endurance over time. The mechanism behind this boost is an increase in metabolism. As this happens, your system stocks up more energy so you can go longer with even more strenuous physical exercise. The recovery time may also be cut significantly.
Rad 140 is also one of the best SARMs for fat loss since it is purported to be a potent fat burner. By speeding up your metabolism, your body starts melting away the body fat reserves rather than the carbs you ingest.
So far, Rad 140 has no reported cases of any adverse side effects. However, you may feel nauseated when you start using it.
The dosage is not definite simply because it is not FDA-approved and, thus, unaccompanied by recommendations. Regardless, the few that have used it purport that 10 mg is enough to help you gain some mass. You are also urged to use it for 8-week bulking cycles.
Finally, some use RAD 140 as part of their best SARMs stack, in two of the highest-regarded SARM stack arrangements:
- Testolone, MK-677, and S23 in the dosages of 10mg, 30mg, and 10mg, respectively, for eight weeks.
- Testolone and Ligandrol at 10mg for six weeks.
In both instances, you may see some significant muscle gain, energy level boosts, faster fat burning, and shorter muscle recovery sessions.
Cardarine GW501516 (C-Dine 501516)
This fully synthetic steroid may be the best for fat loss and other advantages. If you use Cardarine for an 8-week cycle, you may lose about four to five kilograms when you are on a 20 mg dosage.
- It may also reduce metabolic syndrome-related diseases.
- It accelerates the fat-burning process.
- It increases working out strength.
- It may help ward off obesity.
- It is not recommended for people with liver disease.
- It may cause cancer.
Endorubol and Cardarine are synonyms.
Cardarine’s physical benefits make it a distinct SARM. Besides improving energy, metabolism, and fat burning, it’s neuroprotective, cardioprotective, and renal protective.
GW-501516 has a unique fat-burning mechanism. This fully synthetic steroid acts on a different type of receptor, PPAR-delta, unlike other thermogenic fat burners. It promotes fat-burning genes.
This SARM may affect your response to high glycemic index meals. In a short study of 13 males with significant belly fat and poor cholesterol, Cardarine reduced lipids, VLDL proteins (apoB fractions), and fatty acids.
Cardarine improved metabolic syndrome indicators in 6 overweight subjects. Insulin fell 11%, liver fat plummeted 20%, and blood fats fell 23-30%.
Because it lowers blood sugar, it may help the liver utilize fat for energy instead of glucose.
One rat study suggested that Endorubol reduces vascular damage at low dosages. No human experiments have shown the same effects, but it may prevent oxidative damage and enhance blood nitric oxide concentrations, thereby protecting the heart. This relaxes vessels for improved cardiac circulation and discourages atherosclerosis.
In animal experiments, activating PPAR reduced liver inflammation. It lowered gene-related renal disease in mice.
Ibutamoren MK 677 (Ibuta 677)
MK-677 (ibutamoren) raises growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor 1 – (IGF1). Ibutamoren mimics the activity of ghrelin by attaching itself to ghrelin hormone receptors (GHSR) in the brain.
- It reduces muscle mass wastage.
- It promotes muscle development.
- It increases bone density.
- It may help cure catabolic conditions.
- It is not advisable for diabetic patients because it increases insulin resistance.
- It may cause joint pain.
MK-677 is purported to have muscle-developing, anti-aging, and bone-density adding effects. It can mitigate growth hormone deficits and may have nootropic properties.
MK-677’s effects on building muscle mass depending on the person’s muscle-building workouts and overall health. In one old trial, this SARM increased lean mass and basal metabolic rate (BMR) in older men. According to research, injecting growth hormones into men over 50 enhances thigh muscle strength.
In one study, MK-677 reversed protein catabolism in healthy young people. The results were good, indicating that MK-677 may effectively treat catabolic disorders.
One study with 123 hip-fractured participants found that ibutamoren promoted bone density in older adults. The group that was receiving MK-677 had fewer falls. Ibutamoren enhanced bone mass in 292 postmenopausal females, which helps reverse osteoporosis.
Ibutamoren mesylate promotes growth hormone synthesis, which is thought to enhance sleep quality. Ibutamoren increased sleep quality and REM sleep duration in young and old participants.
This is among the research chemicals that seem to have many proven benefits, including bone health, boosting workout stamina, energy levels, and muscle development.
Stenabolic SR9009 (Stena 9009)
This non-hormonal SARM is unique because it does not suppress the hormone system. SR9009 may serve many benefits to the user, like cutting fat, enhancing endurance, and reducing anxiety.
- It does not alter any hormones since it is non-hormonal.
- It blocks the formation of new fat cells.
- It increases mitochondrial count in the body.
- It has heart-protective characteristics in reducing cholesterol levels.
- Despite being legal in most countries, it is only sold under research chemicals and not for human consumption since it is not FDA-approved.
Stenabolic is a SARM-related research chemical unlike any other SARM on this list. Not all SARMs have such a mechanism where they are a Rev-ErbA ligand and therefore not a SARM.
This molecule attaches to Rev-Erb and boosts its activity in our bodies. Rev-ErbA is a liver, muscle, fat, and skeletal muscle protein.
This non-hormonal substance doesn’t reduce testosterone production, so one will not need a PCT (Post Cycle Therapy) after using it.
Stenabolic boosts muscular mitochondria (the body’s energy producers), which in turn boosts endurance. It stimulates fat loss by activating muscular mitochondria, increasing endurance, and burning fat.
SR9009 users may manufacture fewer fat cells, indirectly enhancing hepatic fat removal. Stenabolic boosts Rev-ErbA activity to improve fat reduction. It promotes your body’s burning of fat for energy, causing fat loss. This also makes it one of the best SARM-like products for fat loss.
Rev-ErbA blocks the fat-storing gene, and taking Stenabolic enhances this and reduces fat storage, even when you are not on a very healthy diet.
Stenabolic may reduce cholesterol, which may benefit heart health. It may also reduce anxiety and inflammation.
Stenabolic may be potent for muscular building, but it unfairly favors the competing athletes who use it. Like other research chemicals on this list, it’s banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA).
Ligandrol LGD4033 (Ligan 4033)
LGD-4033 is being studied as a treatment for aging-related muscle wasting and weakening. However, it is not FDA-approved for human usage.
- It may strengthen muscles and bones, limiting injuries.
- It may help cancer patients fight muscle mass loss.
- It gives you more energy to undertake strenuous workouts.
- It may help increase bone density.
- It may suppress your hormone system.
Its purpose is to rapidly develop and build lean body muscles while boosting strength and stamina.
According to a firm, Vikings Pharmaceuticals, Anabolicum may be able to aid in the healing process in elderly individuals who have experienced femoral neck fractures or have osteoporosis. This is from a rat model experiment tested on osteopenic female rats.
It became evident during the experiment that this selective androgen receptor modulator is an effective strategy to preserve strong bones and is effective in cancer patients who generally lose muscle mass.
Benefits Of SARMs
Some of the bodybuilding benefits that SARMs may offer are
- An increase in muscle mass.
- Fat burning.
- Stronger muscle fibers.
- Elimination of muscle loss and promotion of muscle preservation.
- Promotion of bone growth.
- Increased energy levels.
- Anti-aging benefits.
- Steroid-like side effects are absent or comparatively less.
Potential Side Effects
The physical benefits of using SARMs also cause opposite effects. These drawbacks are rather extreme such that the FDA and other regulatory bodies find them reason enough to designate SARMs unsafe for recreational use. Some of those side effects are
- Testosterone deficiencies due to testosterone suppression.
- Increased blood pressure.
- Liver toxicity.
- Possible cancer.
- Altered vision.
- Mood swings.
How To Choose The Best SARMs?
Since they are illegal to sell and buy, finding criteria for choosing SARMs is not a straightforward task like most bodybuilding supplements. However, some pointers that may help you in your education of SARMs are:
- The SARMs Form
- The SARMs Dosage
If you are searching for a fast route to lean mass growth, boosted energy levels, faster metabolism, fat loss, and better heart, bone, and brain health, and taking a chance on substances that have been only incompletely studied, then SARMs may seem attractive to you.
However, they have their fair share of downsides, including the need for testosterone therapy after usage, cancer, and other life-altering concerns. And that is why these research chemicals are banned in most states and are only sold for one purpose: research.
Also, the fact that most available research is based on mice and other animal research indicates that it may take a while before any of these get approved. Already, regulatory agencies are circling their prey (SARMs) to hamper their use, from making them controlled substances to outright criminalizing them under penalty of the law.
There are surely some natural ways that you may hasten your muscle-building speed by using approved dietary supplements like protein powders and fat burners. Limiting your caloric intake while in muscle or resistance training may be another way to cut and bulk up. And these are safer with fewer lethal side effects and possibly fewer legal side effects.
Frequently Asked Questions
SARMs are legal only when sold for the purpose of research. This makes using them or not a personal decision. There is currently a bill in the US Senate to make them Schedule III drugs, which would make them subject to the regulation they don’t have. Also, they cannot be sold as “supplements.” They are banned by authoritative and regulatory sporting agencies.
SARMs are not considered safe since they are banned by sporting regulators and are not FDA-approved. There are only a few human studies in the legitimate medical literature, so no one knows their complete actions on the body or their long-term adverse effects.
Taking potent SARMs in high dosages may cause testosterone suppression, which reduces your T-levels significantly.
You should only use SARMs for research purposes to build lean muscle tissue, speedy fat loss, preserve muscles, and boost energy levels for your workout regimen.
The strongest SARM on our list is the Ostarine MK 2866.
Yes, it is. But at the moment, SARM use for bodybuilding is only limited to research purposes and is not allowed in competitive sports.
SARMs are theoretically effective on humans, but we would not recommend you use one due to a lack of efficient human studies. Until the FDA approves its usage, please consider using alternative ways to grow muscle. The science is coming, so wait for it before you decide to use something with so many medical unknowns and ethical or legal downsides.
+ 26 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- M E TA B O L I S M : A N A B O L I S M A N D C ATA B O L I S M * N I K O S K A Z A N T Z A K I S 435 Biochemistry Team. (n.d.). [online] Available at: http://ksumsc.com/download_center/Archive/1st/435/1.%20Foundation%20Block/435%20Team%20work/Biochemistry/9-Metabolism%20-%20anabolism%20and%20catabolism.pdf.
- Cleveland Clinic. (2021). Androgens: Function, Measurement and Related Disorders. [online] Available at: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/22002-androgens
- Davey, R.A. and Grossmann, M. (2016). Androgen Receptor Structure, Function and Biology: From Bench to Bedside. The Clinical biochemist. Reviews, [online] 37(1), pp.3–15. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4810760/
- Dillon, E.L., Durham, W.J., Urban, R.J. and Sheffield-Moore, M. (2010). Hormone treatment and muscle anabolism during aging: Androgens. Clinical Nutrition, [online] 29(6), pp.697–700. doi:10.1016/j.clnu.2010.03.010.
- Dalton, J.T., Taylor, R.P., Mohler, M.L. and Steiner, M.S. (2013). Selective androgen receptor modulators for the prevention and treatment of muscle wasting associated with cancer. Current Opinion in Supportive & Palliative Care, [online] 7(4), pp.345–351. doi:10.1097/spc.0000000000000015.
- Hoffman, J.R. and Ratamess, N.A. (2006). Medical issues associated with anabolic steroid use: are they exaggerated? Journal of sports science & medicine, [online] 5(2), pp.182–93. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3827559/table/table002/
- Office (2019). FDA In Brief: FDA warns against using SARMs in body-building products. [online] U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Available at: https://www.fda.gov/news-events/fda-brief/fda-brief-fda-warns-against-using-sarms-body-building-products#:~:text=Body%2Dbuilding%20products%20that%20contain,damage%2C%E2%80%9D%20said%20Donald%20D.
- Roch, P.J., Henkies, D., Carstens, J.C., Krischek, C., Lehmann, W., Komrakova, M. and Sehmisch, S. (2020). Ostarine and Ligandrol Improve Muscle Tissue in an Ovariectomized Rat Model. Frontiers in Endocrinology, [online] 11. doi:10.3389/fendo.2020.556581.
- PubChem (2022). Testolone. [online] @pubchem. Available at: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Testolone
- Dressel, U., Allen, T.L., Pippal, J.B., Rohde, P.R., Lau, P. and Muscat, G.E.O. (2003). The Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor β/δ Agonist, GW501516, Regulates the Expression of Genes Involved in Lipid Catabolism and Energy Uncoupling in Skeletal Muscle Cells. Molecular Endocrinology, [online] 17(12), pp.2477–2493. doi:10.1210/me.2003-0151.
- Ooi, E.M.M., Watts, G.F., Sprecher, D.L., Chan, D.C. and Barrett, P.H.R. (2011). Mechanism of Action of a Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor (PPAR)-δ Agonist on Lipoprotein Metabolism in Dyslipidemic Subjects with Central Obesity. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, [online] 96(10), pp.E1568–E1576. doi:10.1210/jc.2011-1131.
- Sprecher, D.L., Massien, C., Pearce, G., Billin, A.N., Perlstein, I., Willson, T.M., Hassall, D.G., Ancellin, N., Patterson, S.D., Lobe, D.C. and Johnson, T.G. (2007). Triglyceride:High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol Effects in Healthy Subjects Administered a Peroxisome Proliferator Activated Receptor δ Agonist. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, [online] 27(2), pp.359–365. doi:10.1161/01.atv.0000252790.70572.0c.
- Barish, G.D., Atkins, A.R., Downes, M., Olson, P., Chong, L.-W., Nelson, M., Zou, Y., Hwang, H., Kang, H., Curtiss, L., Evans, R.M. and Lee, C.-H. (2008). PPARδ regulates multiple proinflammatory pathways to suppress atherosclerosis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, [online] 105(11), pp.4271–4276. doi:10.1073/pnas.0711875105.
- Yang, X., Kume, S., Tanaka, Y., Isshiki, K., Araki, S., Chin-Kanasaki, M., Sugimoto, T., Koya, D., Haneda, M., Sugaya, T., Li, D., Han, P., Nishio, Y., Kashiwagi, A., Maegawa, H. and Uzu, T. (2011). GW501516, a PPARδ Agonist, Ameliorates Tubulointerstitial Inflammation in Proteinuric Kidney Disease via Inhibition of TAK1-NFκB Pathway in Mice. PLoS ONE, [online] 6(9), p.e25271. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0025271.
- Rudman, D., Feller, A.G., Nagraj, H.S., Gergans, G.A., Lalitha, P.Y., Goldberg, A.F., Schlenker, R.A., Cohn, L., Rudman, I.W. and Mattson, D.E. (1990). Effects of Human Growth Hormone in Men over 60 Years Old. New England Journal of Medicine, [online] 323(1), pp.1–6. doi:10.1056/nejm199007053230101.
- Tavares, A.B.W., Micmacher, E., Biesek, S., Assumpção, R., Redorat, R., Veloso, U., Vaisman, M., Farinatti, P.T.V. and Conceição, F. (2013). Effects of Growth Hormone Administration on Muscle Strength in Men over 50 Years Old. International Journal of Endocrinology, [online] 2013, pp.1–6. doi:10.1155/2013/942030.
- Murphy, M.G., Plunkett, L.M., Gertz, B.J., He, W., Wittreich, J., Polvino, W.M. and Clemmons, D.R. (1998). MK-677, an Orally Active Growth Hormone Secretagogue, Reverses Diet-Induced Catabolism1. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, [online] 83(2), pp.320–325. doi:10.1210/jcem.83.2.4551.
- Adunsky, A., Chandler, J., Heyden, N. and Papanicolaou, D.A. (2010). MK-0677 (ibutamoren mesylate) for the treatment of patients recovering from hip fracture: A multicenter,… [online] ResearchGate. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/47742082_MK-0677_ibutamoren_mesylate_for_the_treatment_of_patients_recovering_from_hip_fracture_A_multicenter_randomized_placebo-controlled_phase_IIb_study
- Murphy, M.G., Weiss, S., McClung, M., Schnitzer, T., Cerchio, K., Connor, J., Krupa, D. and Gertz, B.J. (2001). Effect of Alendronate and MK-677 (a Growth Hormone Secretagogue), Individually and in Combination, on Markers of Bone Turnover and Bone Mineral Density in Postmenopausal Osteoporotic Women1. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, [online] 86(3), pp.1116–1125. doi:10.1210/jcem.86.3.7294.
- Sigalos, J.T. and Pastuszak, A.W. (2018). The Safety and Efficacy of Growth Hormone Secretagogues. Sexual Medicine Reviews, [online] 6(1), pp.45–53. doi:10.1016/j.sxmr.2017.02.004.
- Geldof, L., Deventer, K., Roels, K., Tudela, E. and Van Eeno, P. (2016). In Vitro Metabolic Studies of REV-ERB Agonists SR9009 and SR9011. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, [online] 17(10), p.1676. doi:10.3390/ijms17101676.
- Mayeuf-Louchart, A., Thorel, Q., Delhaye, S., Beauchamp, J., Duhem, C., Danckaert, A., Lancel, S., Pourcet, B., Woldt, E., Boulinguiez, A., Ferri, L., Zecchin, M., Staels, B., Sebti, Y. and Duez, H. (2017). Rev-erb-α regulates atrophy-related genes to control skeletal muscle mass. Scientific Reports, [online] 7(1). doi:10.1038/s41598-017-14596-2.
- Garaulet, M., Smith, C.E., Gomez-Abellán, P., Ordovás-Montañés, M., Lee, Y.-C., Parnell, L.D., Arnett, D.K. and Ordovás, J.M. (2013). REV-ERB-ALPHA circadian gene variant associates with obesity in two independent populations: Mediterranean and North American. Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, [online] 58(4), pp.821–829. doi:10.1002/mnfr.201300361.
- Banerjee, S., Wang, Y., Solt, L.A., Griffett, K., Kazantzis, M., Amador, A., El-Gendy, B.M., Huitron-Resendiz, S., Roberts, A.J., Shin, Y., Kamenecka, T.M. and Burris, T.P. (2014). Pharmacological targeting of the mammalian clock regulates sleep architecture and emotional behaviour. Nature Communications, [online] 5(1). doi:10.1038/ncomms6759.
- Basaria, S., Collins, L., Dillon, E.L., Orwoll, K., Storer, T.W., Miciek, R., Ulloor, J., Zhang, A., Eder, R., Zientek, H., Gordon, G., Kazmi, S., Sheffield-Moore, M. and Bhasin, S. (2010). The Safety, Pharmacokinetics, and Effects of LGD-4033, a Novel Nonsteroidal Oral, Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator, in Healthy Young Men. The Journals of Gerontology: Series A, [online] 68(1), pp.87–95. doi:10.1093/gerona/gls078.
- Vajda, E.G., Hogue, A., Griffiths, K.N., Chang, W.Y., Burnett, K., Chen, Y., Marschke, K., Mais, D.E., Pedram, B., Shen, Y., van Oeveren, A., Zhi, L., López, F.J. and Meglasson, M.D. (2009). Combination Treatment With a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator q(SARM) and a Bisphosphonate Has Additive Effects in Osteopenic Female Rats*. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, [online] 24(2), pp.231–240. doi:10.1359/jbmr.081007.