Burn PM Review 2023: Does This Night-Time Fat Burner Work?
All articles are produced independently. When you click our links for purchasing products, we earn an affiliate commission. Learn more about how we earn revenue by reading our advertise disclaimer.
- Vitamin D3
- Improved sleep quality
- Natural sleep aids
- Low stimulants
- Sports nutrition supplement company
- Fat burners
- Vitamin D source
- Sleep aid
- Alters fat metabolism in adipocytes
About The Brand
Sculpt Nation is a supplement brand with a line of sports nutrition supplements. This brand carries a variety of supplements that claim to provide the benefits of natural appetite suppressants, fat-burning ingredients, and powerful natural sleep enhancers.
The brand Sculpt Nation states that fat burning can also be done while you sleep. One such diet supplement is the fat burner Burn PM fat-burning supplement, it has reported fat-burning effects and improved sleep quality.
What Is Burn PM?
Burn PM is a nighttime thermogenic, fat-burning pill.
This fat-burning supplement claims to promote healthy sleep, recovery, improved energy levels, and fat loss. It also states that it helps to maintain a healthy appetite, enables you to sleep better and potentially have optimal metabolism that helps the body burn fat more efficiently.
According to Sculpt Nation, a restful night’s sleep is associated with the ingredients L-tryptophan and melatonin.
L-tryptophan is an essential amino acid that is used to help make proteins. What is important about tryptophan is that it’s the precursor to the neurotransmitter serotonin, which the pineal gland then uses to synthesize melatonin.
L-tryptophan is also the precursor or vitamin B3 (niacin), an important vitamin that helps with many additional functions in the body, such as making protein.
Melatonin, a natural hormone produced in the body, is released at night, which helps synchronize the sleep-wake cycle, making it easy to fall asleep and wake up.
Melatonin can also help regulate blood pressure and work as an antioxidant within the cells.
Feature Product & Coupon
- Vitamin D3
- Improved sleep quality
- Natural sleep aids
- Low stimulants
Does Burn PM Work?
It’s hard to say whether this fat burner works; some of the ingredients in Burn PM have research that supports some of the effects claimed. When validating such claims, It’s important to note that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not regulate the production of dietary supplements, which include fat-burning supplements.
Some brands, like Sculpt Nation Burn PM, however, submit their products for third-party testing. While not required, it’s a great way to offer clients confidence in the fat burner’s ingredients, the amounts indicated on the label, and the absence of contaminants.
Nevertheless, even with third-party testing, Sculpt Nation Burn PM isn’t guaranteed to work.
It’s designed to get your body to melt fat while you also sleep better. The six ingredients that could help with fat melting and weight loss are.
- Raspberry ketones
- White kidney bean extract
- Green coffee bean extract
- Dandelion root powder
- Saffron bulb extract
The following three ingredients can potentially help with sleep:
- Lemon balm leaf
Some ingredients are considered diuretics, such as green coffee beans and dandelion root. These can aid weight loss but know that you lose water weight instead of actual fat.
Is It Safe To Consume Burn PM?
Sculpt Nation Burn PM puts its products through third-party testing according to their website, although the third-party testing company is not disclosed nor is there a third-party testing logo on the fat burner bottle.
Since most of its ingredients are in small doses and are found naturally in food, this implies it is safe. Yet most of these ingredients don’t have a recommended daily intake, so it is difficult to say if the amounts in Sculpt Nation’s Burn PM can be either safe or effective.
One notable exception is fat-soluble vitamin D3: the product’s 300% of the daily value (DV) is high, which raises concerns over diarrhea or impaired blood clotting, especially when taking other multivitamins with vitamin D3. Such exaggerated D3 can be toxic, as above, or even overshoot D3’s ability to absorb calcium, leading to too much calcium in the blood (hypercalcemia).
Besides nausea, and vomiting, hypercalcemia leads to suppressed appetite, muscle weakness, dehydration, excessive thirst, excessive urinating, and kidney stones.
Who Should Use Burn PM?
It is for anyone looking to lose weight, suppress appetite, burn fat cells while sleeping, and who also want a better night’s sleep.
This assumes only healthy individuals over the age of 18 who have consulted with their doctors use it.
Pregnant women, breastfeeding, and children should not use it.
- Contains evidence-based sleep ingredients
- Contains naturally derived ingredients
- May alter fat metabolism in favor of weight loss
- High levels of vitamin D
- A few ingredients with diuretic potetial
- High in cost
Burn PM Ingredients
Sculpt Nation Burn PM has good ingredients to help with sleep, like L-tryptophan 80 milligrams (mg) and melatonin 5.4 mg.
Its ingredients, like raspberry ketones (300 mg), are the subject of some studies that can help with fat loss. The white kidney bean extract (300 mg) may reduce appetite and may also decrease the absorption of carbohydrates, or carbs.
The green coffee bean extract (260 mg) may prevent body fat accumulation and possibly prevent weight gain or fat storage.
Dandelion root powder (200 mg) has traditionally been used as a digestive aid but is also known to function as a diuretic.
Saffron bulb extract (10 mg) is a source of antioxidants and is included for its potential as an appetite suppressant and promoting healthy body weight.
Lemon bulb aerial parts extract (four 4mg) is added for its potential to support healthy stress response and good sleep patterns.
Raspberry ketones, naturally found in raspberries, kiwi, peaches, and apples, have been the subject of animal studies suggesting that they can have an effect on fat burning within cells.
There isn’t enough human research on humans using raspberry ketones, yet, to say whether it can promote burning fat in people.
An essential amino acid, L-tryptophan is a precursor to melatonin, which helps sleep; and serotonin, which affects wakefulness and mood.
White Kidney Beans
There are suggestions that using white kidney bean extract may help inhibit the enzyme ɑ-amylase. This inhibition may potentially block the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates.
White kidney beans may be helpful if excess carbohydrates are consumed, since the processes of digestion, absorption, and storing carbs as fat in the liver are all slowed.
Lemon Balm Leaf
This has been studied for its potential to enhance stress response. It’s also been studied as benefitting good sleeping patterns, but there hasn’t been sufficient correlation.
Saffron bulb extract has been suggested to have some properties that may help with anti-inflammatory effects and possible weight loss effects. However, these mechanisms are not entirely understood yet and need additional research.
Green Coffee Bean Extract
The green coffee bean is sourced from raw green coffee beans before fermentation and roasting. It has been studied for its potential positive effects on fat levels in the blood. Other fat burners may use green tea extract, but Sculpt Nation Burn PM uses green coffee beans.
Dandelion root has been added to Sculpt Nation Burn PM for its potential hypolipidemic and antioxidative effects. A 2022 study indicates that dandelion root could reduce total cholesterol levels, triglycerides, and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and decrease high-density lipoprotein (HDL).
This s a hormone naturally found in the body but is often used as a supplement and sleep aid. Added to Sculpt Nation Burn PM as the ingredient to help you sleep, it’s the main ingredient with extensive studies that have documented sleep benefits.
Vitamin D3 Cholecalciferol
Vitamin D3 has been extensively studied to affect cholesterol levels and possibly have positive effects on weight loss. Burn PM also included vitamin D for its potential positive effects on leptin levels, yet a systematic review found that this is the case for observational studies but not shown for intervention studies. It does indicate that better-designed studies and long-term follow-up can help understand this phenomenon better.
This product’s vitamin D content is quite high, with two tablets providing 300% DV or 60 micrograms. Too much vitamin D can cause bone problems, kidney dysfunction, constipation and heart problems among others. The tolerable upper limit for this nutrient for those aged 19 and above is 100 mcg.
Health Benefits Of Burn PM
The ingredients that have the best health benefits in Burn PM are the added vitamin D and melatonin.
Vitamin D, a fat-soluble vitamin, promotes calcium absorption, calcium being an important mineral for bones that also prevents osteoporosis in the elderly.
Melatonin is made by the body as a normal hormone; it improves healthy sleep patterns.
Potential Side Effects
Some ingredients don’t have a recommended daily value. Therefore it’s unknown if the amounts are safe to take. That is, the likelihood of adverse effects is unknown.
Melatonin and tryptophan (the precursor of melatonin) may cause sleepiness. You may want to take these capsules at night time.
Also, one ingredient–vitamin D–has a Daily Value percentage in excess of the recommended intake. Taking too much vitamin D can cause nausea, upset stomach, vomiting, muscle weakness, and even psychiatric disturbances; it can be an appetite suppressant and cause dehydration, excessive thirst, and kidney stones.
The recommended dosage is two capsules per day, although it’s unclear if it should be taken with water, food, or on an empty stomach.
The bottle and the website also do not clearly state when the pill should be taken. Because of its impact on sleep, it may be best to take it at bedtime.
Alternatives To Burn PM
Up To 50% Off When Buying In Bulk
- Has a natural fiber from cacti (nopal)
- Has a 60-day money-back guarantee
- Amount of ingredients not available
- Can only be purchased on brand website
- Fat burner that supports day and night metabolism
- Free shipping worldwide
- Two separate bottles, day and night weight loss pills
- Sources of ingredients not available
Jacked Factory LeanPM
- Caffeine source from green tea extract
- Ingredients to help sleep better
- Lean PM with melatonin is not vegan
Sculpt Nation Burn PM Reviews: What Do Real Users Say?
Sculpt Nation Burn PM reviews can be found easily online; many of the reviews shared positive experiences. One Sculpt Nation Burn PM review reported a negative side effect, the person experiencing a headache once, but which did not return.
I have been taking Sculptnation supplements for over a year. Since June 2020. When I started, I weighed 305 lbs. I now weigh 204 lbs now. I take the supplements every day as directed, and I eat sensible. I do not work out and still I lost over hundred pounds. I believe your product works. I take Burn Evolved, Burn PM, HGH BOOST, Tumeric Black, ENZYMES, PROBIOTICS, TEST BOOST MAX.Todd Tucker, US-Trustpilot
I really enjoy the Sculptnation products. Burn Evolved, Burn PM, the Neuroctane, Turmeric Black, HGH, and the BCAA’s. I also do the Vshred Toned in 90 days which is great because you follow along with the video, it takes only 20 minutes and it got me into great shape. With the products, the workout and tracking the prescribed macros on MyFitnessPal, I lost those last 15 pounds that I’ve been trying so hard to lose over the last 5 years and I feel strong and trim. I’m very happy!Christ Dolman
Ordered BURN and BURN PM. Received within promised timeframe. So far I feel really good. Already lost a few pounds. First Day I had somewhat of a headache but it never returned. Also, the BURN PM has had me sleeping so soundly. I used to wake up at least once in the night but I have now been sleeping completely through without waking and felt very refreshed and rejuvenated when I wake. My overall energy is enhanced as well.Tanya
During this Sculpt Nation Burn PM review, it was noted that, like many nighttime fat burners (PM fat burners), Burn PM promises to burn fat while you sleep.
Most fat burners claim to help with weight loss and burn body fat, yet because they are dietary supplements, results are not evaluated by regulatory agencies (e.g., FDA), and so aren’t guaranteed.
Like many PM fat burners, Sculpt Nation Burn PM includes ingredients that can potentially help you fall asleep.
Your deep sleep state can cause a decrease in the stress hormone, cortisol. Yet stress hormones can best be managed through other self-care routines.
Sculpt Nation Burn PM also claims a powerful natural sleep hormone in melatonin, improved sleep quality that has been validated by studies.
Sculp Nation Burn PM targets the fat breakdown process through multiple pathways, like many other nighttime fat burners.
Some of the ingredients have merit, but not all have strong conclusive research to say that Sculpt Nation Burn PM is the absolute best fat burner out there.
Caution should be taken if you are already taking multivitamins or have a vitamin D prescription, as this can cause excess intake and possible toxic levels; vitamin D is a fat-soluble nutrient and is stored in the fat tissues, building up over time. Too much vitamin D can lead to excessive absorption of calcium, leading to hypercalcemia.
The best and most natural way to avoid fat gain and burn body fat is to have healthy eating habits, fewer calories, and an exercise routine.
Dietary supplements should be used as a supplement and not as the only answer to reducing fat stores.
Frequently Asked Questions
It has a 100% Lifetime money-back guarantee. If you purchased one bottle, you don’t need to return the bottle. You only need to return the unopened bottles if you purchased more than one bottle or more than a 30-day supply.
Yes, it includes melatonin and tryptophan. Tryptophan is a precursor of serotonin, a neurotransmitter, which turns into melatonin, a hormone that helps with sleep.
The caffeine is from the green coffee bean, containing 260 milligram of the extract.
Possible side effects are sleepiness, nausea and vomiting, upset stomach, muscle weakness, and psychiatric disturbances; it can be an appetite suppressant and cause dehydration, excessive thirst, and kidney stones. Hypercalcemia may result from excessive vitamin D.
There aren’t any 100% proven weight loss ingredients in Sculpt Nation Burn PM. Actual weight loss is more likely to occur from a healthy eating pattern with exercise. Even then, possible medical conditions may hinder weight loss.
+ 28 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- Bulman, A., D’Cunha, N.M., Marx, W., McKune, A.J., Jani, R. and Naumovski, N. (2021). Nutraceuticals as Potential Targets for the Development of a Functional Beverage for Improving Sleep Quality. Beverages, [online] 7(2), p.33. doi:10.3390/beverages7020033.
- Bamalan, O.A., Moore, M.J. and Yasir Al Khalili (2022). Physiology, Serotonin. [online] Nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK545168/
- Colostate.edu. (2018). The Pineal Gland and Melatonin. [online] Available at: http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/endocrine/otherendo/pineal.html
- Coates, P.M., Betz, J.M., Blackman, M.R., Cragg, G.M., Levine, M., Moss, J. and White, J.D. (2010). Encyclopedia of Dietary Supplements. [online] CRC Press. Available at: https://www.taylorfrancis.com/chapters/mono/10.1201/b13959-53/niacin-christelle-bourgeois-joel-moss-paul-coates-coates-paul-marc-blackman-marc-blackman
- Pereira, N., Naufel, M.F., Ribeiro, E.B., Tufik, S. and Hachul, H. (2019). Influence of Dietary Sources of Melatonin on Sleep Quality: A Review. Journal of Food Science, [online] 85(1), pp.5–13. doi:10.1111/1750-3841.14952.
- Pechanova, O., Paulis, L. and Simko, F. (2014). Peripheral and Central Effects of Melatonin on Blood Pressure Regulation. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, [online] 15(10), pp.17920–17937. doi:10.3390/ijms151017920.
- Reiter, R., Tan, D., Rosales-Corral, S., Galano, A., Zhou, X. and Xu, B. (2018). Mitochondria: Central Organelles for Melatonin′s Antioxidant and Anti-Aging Actions. Molecules, [online] 23(2), p.509. doi:10.3390/molecules23020509.
- Center (2022). Dietary Supplements. [online] U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Available at: https://www.fda.gov/food/dietary-supplements
- Nih.gov. (2021). Office of Dietary Supplements – Niacin. [online] Available at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Niacin-Consumer/#:~:text=Niacin%20in%20the%20form%20of%20nicotinamide%20has%20fewer%20side%20effects,%2C%20vomiting%2C%20and%20liver%20damage.
- Sadiq, N.M., Srividya Naganathan and Madhu Badireddy (2022). Hypercalcemia. [online] Nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK430714/
- Pharmaceutical Biology. (2015). Raspberry ketone, a naturally occurring phenolic compound, inhibits adipogenic and lipogenic gene expression in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. [online] Available at: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.3109/13880209.2014.946059
- Nolan, R., Shannon, O.M., Robinson, N., Joel, A., Houghton, D. and Malcomson, F.C. (2020). It’s No Has Bean: A Review of the Effects of White Kidney Bean Extract on Body Composition and Metabolic Health. Nutrients, [online] 12(5), p.1398. doi:10.3390/nu12051398.
- Nugroho, D., Lukitasari, M., Rohman, M., Widodo, N., Farmawati, A. and Hastuti, P. (2020). Beneficial effects of green coffee and green tea extract combination on metabolic syndrome improvement by affecting AMPK And PPAR-α gene expression. Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Technology & Research, [online] 11(2), p.81. doi:10.4103/japtr.japtr_116_19.
- Fatima, T., Bashir, O., Naseer, B., Syed, Z., Hussain and Hussain, S. (2018). Dandelion: Phytochemistry and clinical potential. Journal of Medicinal Plants Studies, [online] 6(2), pp.198–202. Available at: https://www.plantsjournal.com/archives/2018/vol6issue2/PartC/6-2-42-182.pdf.
- Jafari, F., Emami, S.A., Javadi, B., Salmasi, Z., Tayarani-Najjaran, M. and Tayarani-Najaran, Z. (2022). Inhibitory effect of saffron, crocin, crocetin, and safranal against adipocyte differentiation in human adipose-derived stem cells. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, [online] 294, p.115340. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2022.115340.
- Balimedicaljournal.org. (2022). Robot Challenge Screen. [online] Available at: https://www.balimedicaljournal.org/.well-known/captcha/?r=%2Findex.php%2Fbmj%2Farticle%2Fview%2F3453
- Rao, S., Kurakula, M., Mamidipalli, N., Tiyyagura, P., Patel, B. and Manne, R. (2021). Pharmacological Exploration of Phenolic Compound: Raspberry Ketone—Update 2020. Plants, [online] 10(7), p.1323. doi:10.3390/plants10071323.
- Silber, B.Y. and Schmitt, J.A.J. (2010). Effects of tryptophan loading on human cognition, mood, and sleep. Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, [online] 34(3), pp.387–407. doi:10.1016/j.neubiorev.2009.08.005.
- Scholey, A., Gibbs, A., Neale, C., Perry, N., Ossoukhova, A., Bilog, V., Kras, M., Scholz, C., Sass, M. and Buchwald-Werner, S. (2014). Anti-Stress Effects of Lemon Balm-Containing Foods. Nutrients, [online] 6(11), pp.4805–4821. doi:10.3390/nu6114805.
- Guadagna, S., Barattini, D.F., Rosu, S. and Ferini-Strambi, L. (2020). Plant Extracts for Sleep Disturbances: A Systematic Review. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, [online] 2020, pp.1–9. doi:10.1155/2020/3792390.
- Mashmoul, M., Azlan, A., Khaza’ai, H., Yusof, B. and Noor, S. (2013). Saffron: A Natural Potent Antioxidant as a Promising Anti-Obesity Drug. Antioxidants, [online] 2(4), pp.293–308. doi:10.3390/antiox2040293.
- Ding, F., Ma, B., Nazary-Vannani, A., Kord-Varkaneh, H., Fatahi, S., Papageorgiou, M., Rahmani, J., Poursoleiman, F., Júnior Borges do Nascimento, I., Li, H., Han, D. and Wang, D. (2020). The effects of green coffee bean extract supplementation on lipid profile in humans: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases, [online] 30(1), pp.1–10. doi:10.1016/j.numecd.2019.10.002.
- Kania-Dobrowolska, M. and Baraniak, J. (2022). Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale L.) as a Source of Biologically Active Compounds Supporting the Therapy of Co-Existing Diseases in Metabolic Syndrome. Foods, [online] 11(18), p.2858. doi:10.3390/foods11182858.
- Entezari, M., Khosravi, Z., Kafeshani, M., Tavasoli, P. and Zadeh, A. (2018). Effect of Vitamin D supplementation on weight loss, glycemic indices, and lipid profile in obese and overweight women: A clinical trial study. International Journal of Preventive Medicine, [online] 9(1), p.63. doi:10.4103/ijpvm.ijpvm_329_15.
- Hajimohammadi, M., Shab-Bidar, S. and Neyestani, T.R. (2016). Vitamin D and serum leptin: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies and randomized controlled trials. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, [online] 71(10), pp.1144–1153. doi:10.1038/ejcn.2016.245.
- https://www.facebook.com/Drugscom (2022). What are the side effects of Vitamin D? [online] Drugs.com. Available at: https://www.drugs.com/medical-answers/side-effects-vitamin-3440744/
- Nih.gov. (2022). Office of Dietary Supplements – Vitamin D. [online] Available at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminD-Consumer/
- Nih.gov. (2015). Office of Dietary Supplements – Vitamin D. [online] Available at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Vitamind-HealthProfessional/