The article is a subjective view on this topic written by writers specializing in medical writing.
It may reflect on a personal journey surrounding struggles with an illness or medical condition, involve product comparisons, diet considerations, or other health-related opinions.
Although the view is entirely that of the writer, it is based on academic experiences and scientific research they have conducted; it is fact-checked by a team of degreed medical experts, and validated by sources attached to the article.
The numbers in parenthesis (1,2,3) will take you to clickable links to related scientific papers.
Leanbean Reviews 2023: Is It A Legit Fat Burner Or A Scam?
All articles are produced independently. When you click our links for purchasing products, we earn an affiliate commission. Learn more about how we earn revenue by reading our advertise disclaimer.
- Helps curb cravings and control appetite.
- Tailored specifically to women.
- Made with vegan-friendly ingredients.
- Free from harmful stimulants.
- Provides a natural boost of energy.
- Multi-buy savings offer.
- Free global shipping from the USA and U.K.
- Made by Ultimate Life LTD.
- Based out of Leeds, England.
- Third-party tested for safety.
- Manufactured in GMP-certified facilities.
- Reduces appetite and food cravings.
- Improves fat metabolism.
- Provides a natural energy boost.
- Free from stimulants like caffeine.
About The Brand
Ultimate Life Ltd. is a nutritional supplement company based in Leeds, England, that offers female-centric formulas. Their products are uniquely designed to help women take their fitness or weight loss goals to the next level through safe, natural ingredients.
This company manufactures its products in the United States and U.K. in FDA-registered facilities in line with strict Good Manufacturing Practice or GMP criteria. Their formulas are made with clinically proven ingredients, are vegan-friendly, and are lower in stimulants than most fat burners on the market.
This Leanbean review offers an in-depth look at the supplement and how it works. It also aims to highlight the product’s potential health and performance benefits and potential side effects to help you make an informed decision about taking it.
What Is Leanbean?
Leanbean is a dietary supplement marketed as a fat burner and appetite suppressant. It comes in capsule form and is designed to be taken three times daily in doses of two capsules each.
This supplement is formulated uniquely for women and designed to help curb food cravings so you can consume fewer calories daily. It combines clinically proven ingredients like green coffee bean extract, glucomannan, and Garcinia cambogia to promote weight loss through increased energy levels, appetite reduction, and increased fat burn.
Feature Product & Coupon
- Tailored specifically to women.
- Vegan-friendly formula.
- Suppresses appetite and reduces cravings.
- May cause headaches or digestive upset.
- Can only be purchased through the brand website.
- Some ingredients lack scientific support.
Who Should Use Leanbean?
Leanbean weight loss supplements are specifically intended for use by women. Because the formula is designed to suppress appetite and burn fat, it is best for individuals who want to lose weight. Leanbean is particularly recommended as a fat burner for women who prefer to avoid stimulants like caffeine.
Is Leanbean Safe?
Like other fat burner pills, Leanbean has not been evaluated or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. It is, however, manufactured in FDA-registered and Good Manufacturing Practices-certified facilities.
While some users report mild side effects like headaches and upset stomach, Leanbean appears to be generally well tolerated. Individual results may vary, however. If you experience a negative reaction, the formula is backed by a 90-day money-back guarantee.
Does Leanbean Really Work?
There is no magic pill you can take to instantly achieve your weight loss goals. Losing weight requires time and effort, but dietary supplements can help you overcome some of the challenges associated with weight loss. Leanbean may help you along your weight loss journey by suppressing your appetite, so you experience fewer cravings and eat fewer calories over the course of the day.
You will most likely experience positive results with Leanbean if you pair it with a healthy, calorie-deficit diet and exercise. Results will vary from one individual to another, but many Leanbean reviews confirm the supplement’s appetite suppressant claims. It’s more difficult to measure a supplement’s impact on fat burning, but many reviewers say they have lost weight taking Leanbean.
If you’re trying to lose weight, Leanbean dietary supplements might help you achieve a healthy body weight a little more quickly. Whether any weight loss supplement actually works or not comes down to the ingredients and the healthy lifestyle paired with it.
Leanbean contains twelve active ingredients. The formula is packed into veggie capsules, so the product is entirely vegan-friendly. It is also free from soy and gluten. This supplement is completely free from banned and illegal ingredients, so it is acceptable for use before and during athletic competition.
Marketing materials for Leanbean claim that the active ingredients in the formula are intended to reduce appetite, improve fat metabolism, and relieve tiredness or fatigue. Let’s take a closer look at these active ingredients and the science behind them.
Each serving of Leanbean contains 1,000 milligrams of glucomannan from Amorphophallus konjac root. Glucomannan is Leanbean’s headline ingredient, but all it really is is a form of dietary fiber. While glucomannan doesn’t have any direct ability to cause you to lose weight, it may help you eat fewer calories by helping you feel full for longer. Some research suggests it is particularly beneficial for the weight loss process when combined with Garcinia cambogia.
Leanbean contains 27.5 milligrams of choline per serving as choline bitartrate. Choline is a nutrient synthesized by the liver that plays a role in the transport of fats and the removal of cholesterol from the body. Adequate choline levels have been associated with normal fat metabolism. A full day’s requirement for choline is met with six pills per day of Leanbean.
A trace mineral that supports healthy metabolism, chromium takes the form of nicotinate glycinate chelate in Leanbean at a concentration of 11.67 micrograms per serving. This ingredient might not directly support you in losing weight, but it may help maintain healthy blood glucose levels.
Vitamin B6, B12
Each serving of Leanbean contains 566.67 micrograms of Vitamin B6 as pyridoxine HCl and 0.8 micrograms of Vitamin B12 as methylcobalamin. B complex vitamins have been shown to support healthy metabolism and nervous system function. Six daily pills supply all the needed B6 and B12 requirements for the day.
A 2-capsule serving of Leanbean contains 3.33 milligrams of potassium chloride, an electrolyte that helps maintain fluid balance in the body. There doesn’t appear to be significant scientific research linking this ingredient to weight loss but some studies suggest it may have a beneficial impact on digestion by supporting the production of hydrochloric acid. The amount present in Leanbean is not significant and will likely not affect metabolism in any way.
Adequate zinc intake has been linked to strong immunity and reduced inflammation. Each serving of Leanbean contains 3.67 milligrams of zinc as zinc oxide. But six daily pills provide 100% of the Daily Value for someone on a 2,000 calories diet.
Each serving of Leanbean contains 16.67 milligrams of green coffee bean extract. This ingredient is significant because it contains chlorogenic acid, which possesses antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antilipidemic, antidiabetic, and antihypertensive properties. Chlorogenic acid has shown promise in treating metabolic syndrome and may provide some prebiotic benefits to support healthy digestion.
A serving of Leanbean contains 16.67 milligrams of turmeric or Curcuma longa root powder. This bright yellow spice contains a powerful antioxidant called curcumin which has been extensively studied for its health benefits. A 2022 literature review summarized curcumin’s promise as a natural bioactive compound that has significant positive effects on the gut microbiome, though more research is needed to specify its use in preventing or managing obesity.
A popular weight loss supplement ingredient, Garcinia cambogia is a key ingredient in Leanbean – each serving contains 33.33 milligrams of Garcinia cambogia fruit extract. Numerous studies suggest a positive correlation between supplementation with this herbal extract and reduced appetite, fat loss, and general weight loss.
Acai berry has been shown in a recent 2023 study to be an important ingredient in a weight reduction study where its administration in conjunction with other antioxidant compounds caused significant weight loss and decreased waist circumference. It has been shown to be an important compound in controlling fat and carbohydrate oxidation and in adipose tissue differentiation. Leanbean contains 6.67 milligrams of Acai berry.
Each serving of Leanbean contains 1.67 milligrams of BioPerine, a proprietary black pepper extract containing 95% piperine. While this ingredient doesn’t directly support fat loss or weight reduction, some research suggests piperine may improve the bioavailability of other nutrients.
Alternatives To Leanbean
If Leanbean doesn’t seem like the ideal choice, there are other fat burners on the market that might be a better fit. Here are three alternatives to consider.
- Suppresses appetite and cravings.
- Promotes fat burning.
- Vegan/vegetarian formula.
- Free worldwide shipping.
- May cause headaches or upset stomach.
- Contains caffeine.
Ultra Omega Burn
- Stimulates fat burning.
- Improves digestion.
- Blocks fat production.
- Multi-buy discount.
- May cause an upset stomach.
- Somewhat expensive.
- Increases energy levels.
- Boosts fat metabolism.
- Helps suppress appetite.
- Lacks third-party testing.
- Contains caffeine.
Health Benefits Of Leanbean
Though Leanbean may not cause weight loss directly, its active ingredients can support the weight loss process in numerous ways.
Here are some of the benefits you may enjoy when taking these fat burner supplements:
Reduced Appetite And Fewer Food Cravings
The more you eat on a daily basis, the more likely you are to gain weight. The ingredients in Leanbean can help suppress appetite and reduce food cravings which might promote weight loss.
Improved Fat Metabolism
Consuming fewer calories is essential for healthy weight loss, but you must also burn off excess stored body fat. Thermogenic ingredients in Leanbean, such as turmeric, may help you shed excess body fat – even the stubborn fat around your middle.
Increased Energy Levels
The green coffee extract in Leanbean provides a mild boost of natural energy, which may help you be more active in your daily life. Whether through increased activity levels or more intense workouts, higher energy levels may help you burn fat and lose weight.
Healthy Glucose Metabolism
Decades of research support a link between obesity and insulin resistance. Leanbean contains chromium, a mineral that has been shown to help lower blood glucose levels and improve glucose metabolism.
Potential Side Effects
Many fat burner pills contain high doses of caffeine, which can contribute to side effects like nausea and jitteriness. Leanbean fat burners, on the other hand, only contain a modest amount of caffeine from green coffee bean extract.
While this female-centric formula may be less likely to cause side effects than typical male fat burners, some Leanbean fat burner reviews mention upset stomach, headaches, and heart palpitations. It’s also worth noting that while Leanbean contains much less caffeine than other weight loss supplements, it may still have a mild stimulant effect.
It’s also worth considering that several of the active ingredients in Leanbean have been linked to negative effects. Garcinia cambogia, for example, can cause headaches and stomach upset and, in rare cases, has been linked to liver injury.
How To Take Leanbean
Leanbean is designed to be taken in two capsules at a time, three times a day. The manufacturer recommends taking it with at least 8 ounces of water thirty minutes before a meal. Spacing your doses out across the day is the key to optimal appetite reduction and will help you consume fewer calories daily.
Though many weight loss supplements contain caffeine to boost energy, Leanbean does not. This means you can take Leanbean and other non-stimulant fat burners without worrying about jitteriness or staying awake at night.
Leanbean Customer Reviews: What Do Real Users Say?
You can find dozens of Leanbean weight loss pills reviews on the Leanbean website but these should be taken with a grain of salt because the company has control over which reviews are published. Regarding Leanbean reviews, negative comments are more likely to be found elsewhere on sites like Trustpilot.
Here’s what a few Leanbean customers have to say on Trustpilot:
I have been a lean bean customer for a little over a year now and I love it! I do exercise 4 times weekly sometimes more but this product has helped with the craving I had throughout the day! As a mom of 2 young kids you know there are tons of snacks at my house and lean bean has helped me to steer away from the thought of eating any of them! I would recommend this product to anyone needing a little extra boost with your current health routine!Kasey
Don’t usually write reviews but after trying this for 90 days i can say that lean bean did absolutely nothing for me. Much better supplements out there for weight loss that actually work. Did not reduce cravings, did not give me more energy, and certainly did not help me on my weight loss journey. Waste of time, waste of money, would not recommend.Michelle Rhind
Reading Leanbean diet pill reviews is the best way to determine whether the product is a good fit for you, but learning about the active ingredients is important as well. Understanding how the ingredients in Leanbean work for burning fat can help you use the product more effectively in order to achieve your goals more quickly.
While Leanbean isn’t cheap, it’s less expensive than other fat burners—especially when you factor in the multi-buy discount and free worldwide delivery. If you’re still unsure about it, rest easy knowing that Leanbean comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee.
As is true for any weight loss supplement, it is recommended that you speak to your doctor before taking Leanbean. Your doctor will help you determine whether Leanbean diet pills are the right choice for you and how to take it safely.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Leanbean contains clinically supported ingredients, and many customers have reported positive results.
Results vary depending on your weight and how much you’re trying to lose. You may be able to speed up your results by combining Leanbean with exercise and calorie restriction.
Leanbean contains active ingredients that help curb appetite to reduce daily calorie intake, and stimulate fat loss.
Yes. Leanbean contains trace amounts of caffeine from the green coffee bean extract. Compared to a cup of coffee containing about 100 milligrams of caffeine, a full day’s worth of Leanbean contains about 10 milligrams of caffeine.
Leanbean contains numerous ingredients which reduce appetite and food cravings. Some of these ingredients include Garcinia cambogia, glucomannan, and turmeric.
+ 17 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- Ilmiawati, C., Fitri, F., Rofinda, Z.D. and Reza, M. (2020). Green coffee extract modifies body weight, serum lipids and TNF-α in high-fat diet-induced obese rats. BMC Research Notes, [online] 13(1). doi:https://doi.org/10.1186/s13104-020-05052-y.
- Maia-Landim, A., Ramírez, J.M., Lancho, C., Poblador, M.S. and Lancho, J.L. (2018). Long-term effects of Garcinia cambogia/Glucomannan on weight loss in people with obesity, PLIN4, FTO and Trp64Arg polymorphisms. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, [online] 18(1). doi:https://doi.org/10.1186/s12906-018-2099-7.
- Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to choline and contribution to normal lipid metabolism (ID 3186), maintenance of normal liver function (ID 1501), contribution to normal homocysteine metabolism (ID 3090), maintenance of no. (2011). EFSA Journal, [online] 9(4), p.2056. doi:https://doi.org/10.2903/j.efsa.2011.2056.
- Feng, W., Zhao, T., Mao, G., Wang, W., Feng, Y., Li, F., Zheng, D., Wu, H., Jin, D., Yang, L. and Wu, X. (2015). Type 2 Diabetic Rats on Diet Supplemented With Chromium Malate Show Improved Glycometabolism, Glycometabolism-Related Enzyme Levels and Lipid Metabolism. PLOS ONE, [online] 10(5), p.e0125952. doi:https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0125952.
- Peterson, C.T., Rodionov, D.A., Osterman, A.L. and Peterson, S.N. (2020). B Vitamins and Their Role in Immune Regulation and Cancer. Nutrients, [online] 12(11), p.3380. doi:https://doi.org/10.3390/nu12113380.
- Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of health claims related to chloride as Na-, K-, Ca-, or Mg-salt and contribution to normal digestion by production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach (ID 326) pursuant to Article 13(1) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/. (2010). EFSA Journal, [online] 8(10), p.1764. doi:https://doi.org/10.2903/j.efsa.2010.1764.
- Prasad, A.S. (2014). Zinc is an Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Agent: Its Role in Human Health. Frontiers in Nutrition, [online] 1. doi:https://doi.org/10.3389/fnut.2014.00014.
- Santana-Gálvez, J., Cisneros-Zevallos, L. and Jacobo-Velázquez, D. (2017). Chlorogenic Acid: Recent Advances on Its Dual Role as a Food Additive and a Nutraceutical against Metabolic Syndrome. Molecules, [online] 22(3), p.358. doi:https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules22030358.
- Kasprzak-Drozd, K., Oniszczuk, T., Gancarz, M., Kondracka, A., Rusinek, R. and Oniszczuk, A. (2022). Curcumin and Weight Loss: Does It Work? International Journal of Molecular Sciences, [online] 23(2), p.639. doi:https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms23020639.
- Fassina, P., Scherer Adami, F., Zani, V., Kasper Machado, I., Garavaglia, J., Terezinha, M., Grave, Q., Ramos, R., Morelo, S. and Bosco, D. (2015). The effect of Garcinia Cambogia as coadjuvant in the weight loss process. Nutr Hosp, [online] 32(6), pp.2400–2408. doi:https://doi.org/10.3305/nh.2015.32.6.9587.
- Cabrera-Rode, E., Cubas-Dueñas, I., Acosta, J.R., Hernández, J.C., González, A.I.C., Calero, T.M.G., Domínguez, Y.A., Rodríguez, J.H., Rodríguez, A.D.R., Álvarez Álvarez, A., Valdés, R.E., Espinosa, L.J., Belent, O.T., Benavides, Z.B., Estévez, E.S., Rodríguez, Y.A., del Valle Rodríguez, J. and Juliá, S.M. (2023). Efficacy and safety of Obex® in overweight and obese subjects: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. BMC Complementary Medicine and Therapies, [online] 23(1). doi:https://doi.org/10.1186/s12906-023-03847-7.
- Daoud, S., Alabed, S.J. and Dahabiyeh, L.A. (2020). Identification of potential COVID-19 main protease inhibitors using structure-based pharmacophore approach, molecular docking and repurposing studies. Acta Pharmaceutica, [online] 71(2), pp.163–174. doi:https://doi.org/10.2478/acph-2021-0016.
- Kundimi, S., Kavungala, K.C., Sinha, S., Tayi, V.N.R., Kundurthi, N.R., Golakoti, T., Davis, B. and Sengupta, K. (2020). Combined extracts of Moringa oleifera, Murraya koeingii leaves, and Curcuma longa rhizome increases energy expenditure and controls obesity in high-fat diet-fed rats. Lipids in Health and Disease, [online] 19(1). doi:https://doi.org/10.1186/s12944-020-01376-7.
- Kahn, B.B. and Flier, J.S. (2000). Obesity and insulin resistance. Journal of Clinical Investigation, [online] 106(4), pp.473–481. doi:https://doi.org/10.1172/jci10842.
- Balk, E.M., Tatsioni, A., Lichtenstein, A.H., Lau, J. and Pittas, A.G. (2007). Effect of Chromium Supplementation on Glucose Metabolism and Lipids. Diabetes Care, [online] 30(8), pp.2154–2163. doi:https://doi.org/10.2337/dc06-0996.
- NCCIH. (2020). Garcinia Cambogia. [online] Available at: https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/garcinia-cambogia#:~:text=Other%20side%20effects%20associated%20with,during%20pregnancy%20or%20while%20breastfeeding.
- Vuppalanchi, R., Bonkovsky, H.L., Ahmad, J., Barnhart, H., Durazo, F., Fontana, R.J., Gu, J., Khan, I., Kleiner, D.E., Koh, C., Rockey, D.C., Phillips, E.J., Li, Y.-J., Serrano, J., Stolz, A., Tillmann, H.L., Seeff, L.B., Hoofnagle, J.H. and Navarro, V.J. (2022). Garcinia cambogia, Either Alone or in Combination With Green Tea, Causes Moderate to Severe Liver Injury. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, [online] 20(6), pp.e1416–e1425. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cgh.2021.08.015.