6 Simple Morning Drinks To Lose Belly Fat: What To Drink?
Weight loss is a sensitive topic that is rarely talked about due to stigmatization. Crafty dealers take advantage of naivety in some people to sell their “magical medication” for obesity at exorbitant prices. However, the introduction of supplements such as CBD for weight loss has made the discussion on weight loss more tolerant.
This article will guide you on what you need to drink in the morning on your quest for losing weight loss.
6 Best Morning Drinks To Lose Weight
While several proven morning drinks can help you lose weight, not all are effective. Here are six you may want to incorporate into your morning routine for faster results.
Pineapple might be a fruit, but you cannot underestimate its health benefits. Studies carried out have revealed that pineapple is a rich source of bromelain. Bromelain is an important chemical that aids in digestion and has anti-inflammatory features.
Besides the anti-inflammatory features, pineapple also helps suppress colitis symptoms which might alter the weight loss journey.
For faster results, you can add cinnamon to the pineapple juice. Cinnamon suppresses appetite, improves lipid parameters, and reduces blood glucose. Here is a quick guide on how to prepare pineapple juice.
- Black salt (optional)
- 1 ½ cup of pineapple
- 2 ½ tbsp of lime juice
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
Method of preparation
- Cut the pineapple into small pieces, then blend them thoroughly.
- Pour the pineapple smoothie into a glass, then add the cinnamon powder, black salt (optional), and lime juice.
- Stir the contents well until they thoroughly mix.
Take pineapple juice on an empty stomach in the morning for fast results. A glass of pineapple juice in the morning before any other meal improves your rate of weight loss.
Lemon Water Mixed With Chia Seeds
If you don’t like the taste of pineapple juice, you can go for lemon water mixed with chia seeds to help you lose weight. Chia seeds are rich in protein, an essential component for people in the weight loss journey.
Diets high in fiber have been associated with weight loss. Chia seeds also contain mucilaginous fiber, which is crucial in suppressing weight gain. The fiber creates a balanced bowel situation and stabilizes blood sugar, which is vital in determining the ease of weight loss. The following is a quick guide to help you prepare lemon juice with chia seeds.
- ½ tsp. chia seeds
- 1tsp. lemon juice
- 1½ cups of water
- 1 tsp. honey
Method of preparation
- Put the water into a bowl and add chia seeds
- Let the mixture sit for 30 to 45 minutes (until the chia seeds attain a slimy appearance)
- Squeeze honey and water into the mixture and keep stirring
- Add more water into the mix until it attains the right thickness
Chia seeds are famous for their dense calcium levels, which are important for indigestion. Adding the chia seeds to your morning lemon water hastens the weight loss process.
Coffee With Dark Chocolate
If you are battling obesity but cannot keep away from coffee, worry no more since you can still enjoy this incredible drink and still lose weight. Coffee boosts metabolism and energy levels, which are crucial activities in weight loss. Besides these properties, coffee also contains chlorogenic acid, famous for hastening the weight loss process.
On the other hand, infusing dark chocolate into the coffee keeps you full for a long time. The chocolates also contain monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs), which are important in burning fats and accelerating metabolism. Using small to moderate chocolate levels in the coffee helps in curbing cravings and slowing the digestion process. The level of curbing cravings makes this drink perform similar benefits like a supplement to lose weight.
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 tsp black coffee
- ½ tsp flaxseeds (ground)
- ¾ tsp dark chocolate (grated)
Method of preparation
- Put the black coffee in a coffee mug and add the hot water
- Stir the mixture thoroughly, then add flax seeds
- Continue stirring until all ingredients mix well
- Add the grated dark chocolate as a topping
The high metabolism rate in the coffee-chocolate combo makes the drink sweet to taste and healthy.
Green Tea & Mint
Green tea is becoming a popular supplement in weight loss programs. Despite its increased popularity, one question lingers, how does it work, and is it effective? To answer this, it is crucial to know that green tea contains caffeine, a widely known stimulant. The stimulating properties in the caffeine increase the metabolism rate, making the weight loss process seamless. Green tea also contains catechins, which are unique antioxidants used to burn excess fat in the body and aid in weight loss.
On the other hand, mint is packed with heavy compounds that play a crucial role in the weight loss process. First, mint stimulates digestive enzymes, which ease the absorption of nutrients from food and prevent excess fat accumulation. Faster absorption of nutrients from the food also increases the metabolism rate, making the weight loss journey hasten.
If the magical ability of green tea and mint intrigues your curiosity, read on to understand how to make this incredible morning drink.
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tbsp. green tea leaves (ground)
- 6-7 mint leaves
Method of preparation
- Put the cup of water and mint leaves in a deep bottomed pan and heat until the water boils
- Let the mixture boil for five minutes, then add the green tea leaves
- Turn off the heat and let the leaves soak for five minutes
- Pour the water in a mug by using a strainer to filter out the other material
- Stir, then drink.
Pro tip: It’s advisable to prepare the drink early before taking a meal for optimal and faster results.
Grapefruit might not be common like other fruits, but it contains unique properties that help weight loss. The high fiber levels and appetite suppression properties can come in handy in your weight loss journey.
On the other hand, pomegranate fruit is renowned for its antioxidant properties that help people lose weight. Besides, pomegranate is rich in B-complex vitamins, which are famous for boosting the digestive process. If you are curious about the preparation of this citrusy drink for weight loss, check the requirements below.
- ¾ cup of pomegranate
- ¾ cup of grapefruit
- Salt (optional)
- 1 ½ tsp organic honey
Method of preparation
- Put the sliced grapefruit and pomegranate into a blender/juicer
- Juice the fruits until you obtain a fine puree, then pour in a glass
- Add salt and honey as per your taste and preference
- Stir well and consume immediately
Pro tip: Take the juice early in the morning, at least 30 minutes before your regular breakfast, for a flat tummy.
Vegetables are renowned for their ability to provide people with vitamins. When it comes to weight loss, vegetable juice comes in handy, thanks to its immense properties. Unlike fruit juice that makes people gain weight, vegetable juice makes it easy for people to lose weight.
When you take vegetable juice, you reduce the number of carbs in the body, which translates to low weight gain. For best results, it is vital to mix several vegetables. One of the best combinations of vegetables includes celery, spinach, ginger, cucumber, and lemon.
The vegetables reduce the number of carbs in the body and act as antioxidants, consequently burning harmful fats that would have otherwise led to weight gain. Taking a juice made from vegetables in the morning makes you lose weight faster without any adverse effects.
The above six drinks would give similar benefits as using vitamin D supplements for weight loss. Forget about the quick “hacks” that marketers use and stick to the six formulations in this article for better results.
+ 4 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- Pavan, R., Jain, S., Shraddha and Kumar, A. (2012). Properties and Therapeutic Application of Bromelain: A Review. Biotechnology Research International, [online] 2012, pp.1–6. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529416/ [Accessed 15 Sep. 2021].
- Annals of Internal Medicine. (2015). Single-Component Versus Multicomponent Dietary Goals for the Metabolic Syndrome: A Randomized Trial: Annals of Internal Medicine: Vol 162, No 4. [online] Available at: https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M14-0611 [Accessed 15 Sep. 2021].
- Westerterp-Plantenga, M.S. (2010). Green tea catechins, caffeine and body-weight regulation. Physiology & Behavior, [online] 100(1), pp.42–46. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20156466/ [Accessed 15 Sep. 2021].
- Shenoy, S.F., Poston, W.S., Reeves, R.S., Kazaks, A.G., Holt, R.R., Keen, C.L., Chen, H.J., Haddock, C.K., Winters, B.L., Khoo, C.S.H. and Foreyt, J.P. (2010). Weight loss in individuals with metabolic syndrome given DASH diet counseling when provided a low sodium vegetable juice: a randomized controlled trial. Nutrition Journal, [online] 9(1). Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2841082/ [Accessed 15 Sep. 2021].