PhenQ Reviews 2023: Is It Legit Or Scam & Real Results
All articles are produced independently. When you click our links for purchasing products, we earn an affiliate commission. Learn more about how we earn revenue by reading our advertise disclaimer.
- Burns fat, blocks fat production
- It’s an effective energy boosterSuppresses appetite to reduce calorie intake
- Boosts mood and energy levels
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- All orders ship free
- Multi-buy savings offer
- Manufactured by Wolfson Brands (UK)
- Based in Glasgow, UK
- Made in FDA-approved facilities
- Burns fat
- Blocks fat production
- Suppresses your appetite
- Improves mood and energy
PhenQ is a popular weight loss pill that is supplied and manufactured by Wolfson Brands (UK) Limited. The company is based in Glasgow, United Kingdom but its products are all made in facilities approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and they are available for sale in the United States.
This company prides itself on creating high-quality supplements made with effective ingredients that are backed by science. In addition to quality products, PhenQ seeks to provide excellent customer service to ensure high customer satisfaction.
PhenQ is a supplement formulated to help you lose weight. Like other weight loss pills, it helps you burn body fat and even blocks fat production. As is common for fat burner pills, PhenQ also acts as an appetite suppressant to help you reduce your daily calorie intake.
What Is PhenQ?
PhenQ is marketed as five powerful weight loss pills in one. This formula supports your weight loss journey by helping you burn more fat and consume fewer calories, all while sustaining better mood and energy levels. By providing all of these benefits, the PhenQ weight loss supplement has helped over 190,000 customers lose weight.
Like many weight loss supplements, PhenQ is a tablet designed to be taken daily. The standard dose is two pills daily, one taken with breakfast and one with lunch. It is made with 100% vegetarian and vegan ingredients.
The primary active ingredient in this PhenQ fat burner is called ɑ-Lacys Reset. This is a proprietary formula containing several ingredients developed by PhenQ, designed to accelerate metabolism and increase thermogenesis. Thermogenesis is a metabolic process in which the body burns calories to produce heat. If you’re following a low-calorie diet, any excess calories burned will come from stored fat.
This is what provides the fat-burning power for which PhenQ is known. Compared to the placebo, people using ɑ-Lacys Reset lost 7.24% of their body fat and 3.44% of their body weight while increasing muscle mass by 3.8%. Unfortunately, PhenQ doesn’t provide a link to the research supporting these claims, so it’s difficult to verify them.
While PhenQ claims to have developed the trademarked ɑ-Lacys Reset formula using “cutting-edge science and research,” they don’t provide links to any of the clinical evidence supporting the benefits of the formula.
They do provide links to research studies supporting the fat-burning and appetite-suppressant benefits of the individual ingredients featured in PhenQ weight loss pills, but it doesn’t appear that they’ve conducted any extensive clinical research on the product itself.
As is true for most weight loss supplements, individual results may vary. PhenQ diet pills are best paired with a healthy diet and regular exercise as part of your weight loss journey. Read on to learn more about this product and to who it can benefit.
Feature Product & Coupon
- Formulated to jump-start the fat-burning process
- Helps suppress appetite to reduce daily calorie consumption
- Made with all-natural ingredients in a vegan/vegetarian formula
- Caffeine is the main ingredient, which could contribute to sleep problems
- Fairly expensive at nearly $70 for a single bottle
- Contains a proprietary ingredient blend with limited scientific support
Who Should Use PhenQ?
PhenQ is available for purchase only through the brand’s website. You can purchase individual bottles or receive a discount and free bottles for buying more than one. Each bottle contains 60 pills or a thirty-day supply.
This product is designed to support weight loss, so it’s a great option for anyone who wants to shed stored body fat without losing lean muscle mass. These diet pills boost the fat-burning process to help your body burn more calories and shed excess weight. They’re also designed to suppress appetite to help you fight food cravings and consume fewer calories.
PhenQ is best for people who want to lose excess weight but who aren’t looking for a shortcut. You’re likely to get the best results if you pair this dietary supplement with a balanced diet, moderate portions, and regular exercise.
PhenQ is formulated with 100% safe and natural ingredients, and it is completely vegan and vegetarian-friendly. In addition to seven active ingredients, PhenQ contains several inactive ingredients used primarily as binders.
The seven active ingredients used in PhenQ are:
- Calcium (as calcium carbonate)
- Chromium (as chromium picolinate)
- L-Carnitine fumarate
- Nopal cactus fiber
- Capsimax Plus Blend
- ɑ-Lacys Reset
The primary active ingredient in PhenQ is a proprietary ingredient called ɑ-Lacys Reset. Each tablet contains 25mg of this ingredient which is described on the nutrition label as a “synergistic combination of alpha-lipoic acid and l-cysteine.”
Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) is an antioxidant that has been shown to help individuals lose weight more than a placebo. L-cysteine is a naturally occurring amino acid that suppresses appetite to help prevent weight gain.
According to the PhenQ website, L-cysteine is associated with decreases in both weight and body fat as well as an increase in lean muscle mass. These results are posted on the website, but there is no direct link to any clinical research.
Each PhenQ tablet contains 50mg of Capsimax Plus Blend. This blend includes caffeine, capsicum fruit extract, niacin, and black pepper fruit extract. This ingredient is credited for PhenQ’s power for burning fat.
Capsicum peppers contain a substance called capsaicin, while black pepper contains piperine. Both of these compounds provide strong thermogenic properties, which means they have the potential to burn calories and burn fat. Some evidence suggests that piperine may also help block the formation of new fat cells.
Each PhenQ tablet contains 230 mg of calcium in the form of calcium carbonate. This equates to 23% of the daily recommended value for this nutrient. Research suggests that calcium deficiencies are associated with higher body weight and that increasing calcium intake might enhance weight loss.
Aside from its potential weight loss benefits, calcium plays an important role in supporting bone health. If you’re overweight or obese and are suffering from joint pain, calcium can provide a little extra support.
In fact, calcium accounts for up to 2 percent of the average person’s body weight and over 99% of it can be found in the bones.
Each PhenQ tablet contains 80 mcg of chromium picolinate, which equates to 67% of the daily recommended value for chromium. Chromium is an essential mineral that helps curb carb and sugar cravings by stabilizing blood sugar levels in the body. Chromium picolinate is simply the form of chromium most commonly used in dietary supplement formulations.
Each PhenQ diet pill contains 100 mg of caffeine anhydrous. Caffeine is a common dietary supplement ingredient for weight loss because it is a stimulant that provides energy and can support a faster metabolism.
Caffeine helps increase focus and alertness while also fighting fatigue. When you’re not feeling tired and sluggish, you’re more likely to exercise. More exercise helps to burn fat and can prevent weight gain.
Not only does caffeine give you the energy you need to exercise, but it may also increase thermogenesis. Again, thermogenesis supports the body’s process of burning fat by increasing the number of calories you burn.
When you’re burning more calories than you’re consuming, you’re more likely to lose weight.
Each PhenQ tablet contains 150 mg of L-Carnitine fumarate. L-carnitine is a non-essential amino acid (protein-building block) that can be found in red meat, poultry, fish, and milk.,
It is made from the essential amino acids lysine and methionine. L-carnitine helps the body turn fat cells into usable energy. In other words, it helps the body burn fat.
Health Benefits Of PhenQ
It’s no secret that carrying around excess body weight is bad for your health. It’s also not a secret that it’s all too easy to experience unwanted weight gain.
Stress makes it difficult not to give in to food cravings and a busy lifestyle leaves little time for exercise. PhenQ is designed to boost metabolism and reduce appetite, helping you lose fat and achieve a healthy weight.
Here are some of the ways PhenQ can help you achieve your goals:
- Helps increase metabolism to boost fat burn
- Reduces appetite to fight food cravings and reduces calorie intake
- Boosts energy levels to support an active lifestyle
- Contains all-natural ingredients with little to no side effects
- Easy-to-take pills with a small dosage of two pills daily
Losing weight with PhenQ doesn’t just boost your confidence – it can have significant impacts on your short- and long-term health and wellness.
If you’re overweight or obese, even a modest reduction in body weight can make a difference. Research suggestslosing just 5 to 10 percent of your total weight can lead to significant improvements in blood pressure, blood cholesterol, and blood sugars. To give you an example, a 200-pound person would only need to lose 10 pounds (a 5 percent loss) to decrease the metabolic and cardiovascular risk factors associated with obesity.
Not only can losing weight with PhenQ improve your heart health, but it can benefit your joints, your sleep, and your mood.
Among the 58 million American adults with arthritis, 39 million are overweight or obese. All those extra pounds put stress and strain on the joints, causing pain and degradation. If you lose weight, you can reduce some of the pressure on your joints and relieve some of the pain.
Shedding a few pounds can also help you sleep. Research supports a linear correlation between obesity and obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep apnea doesn’t just result in poor quality sleep – it can also increase your risk for chronic health problems like high blood pressure and diabetes.
Finally, weight loss has been shown to improve mood in people who are overweight or obese, particularly those with depression.
Is PhenQ Safe?
PhenQ is marketed as a powerful weight loss supplement that has few to no side effects. Not only do many users report positive results, but side effects seem to be minor and fairly uncommon.
The most common side effects reported by users include nausea, stomach upset, and difficulty sleeping. Individual results may vary. If you experience a negative reaction, the product is backed by a 60-day money-back guarantee so you can return it.
PhenQ comes in tablet form and, like any other nutritional supplement, is designed to be taken daily. The company recommends taking one pill with breakfast and one with lunch.
While many users report noticing weight loss benefits within weeks, PhenQ recommends buying at least a two-month supply. This recommendation is based on evidence suggesting that it takes about sixty days to break bad habits and form new ones.
PhenQ Reviews: What Do Real Users Say?
Because PhenQ pills are only available on the official website, it’s also the best place to find customer reviews. It’s important to take customer reviews posted on a brand’s website with a grain of salt, however, because the company has control over which reviews are posted.
“After giving birth twice I had some weight that I couldn’t get rid of off on my own.With the help of PhenQ I gave up on junk off and started eating healthier overall. I saw results after just a week and lost a total of 20 lbs in 3 months!My advice to others is simple. Don’t try fad diets. I have done that with no result. Give PhenQ a try and you will love it. It’s amazing and I am going to continue to use it when I fully reach my goals/”April R.
“I lost 11 lbs in 1 month thanks to PhenQ! Overall I feel more confident, I can see my wife proud of my change and I have so much more energy to be effective all day at work and still have energy to play with my son at night.”Ghislain R.
Alternatives To PhenQ
- Only available online
- Complicated return policy
- All-natural ingredients
- Made in GMCA and FDA-registered facilities
- Vegan and vegetarian formula
- High caffeine concentration
- Not recommended with other stimulants
- Caffeine-free formula
- Gluten-free, vegan, and non-GMO
- Suppresses appetite to reduce calorie intake
- Only available through the manufacturer
- The dosage is 4 capsules per day
Losing weight can be a process, but is a journey that is well worth the effort.
Obesity is associated with serious chronic health problems like high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, coronary artery disease, and stroke. Losing weight can reduce your risk for these illnesses and increase both your potential lifespan and quality of life.
The weight loss process can be long and arduous but PhenQ weight loss pills and other weight loss supplements can give you a boost. Products like these can help you burn extra body fat and fight sugar cravings while following a healthy diet and exercise routine.
While these dietary supplements can certainly help, you can’t count on them to do all the work for you. Keep in mind as well that some dietary supplements can do more harm than good if you aren’t careful about finding a product made with safe and effective ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions
The PhenQ supplement is made with all-natural ingredients, all of which are vegan and vegetarian-friendly. While some users report mild side effects, PhenQ is generally safe to take according to the recommended dosage.
Individual results may vary with PhenQ depending on how much weight you need to lose and what other weight loss efforts you’re making. Most users report seeing results within three months. Check the official website for PhenQ reviews, before and after photos, and FAQs.
The only place to purchase the PhenQ supplement is through the official website.
+ 17 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- Westerterp, K.R. (2004). Nutrition & Metabolism, [online] 1(1), p.5. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC524030/.
- Kucukgoncu, S., Zhou, E., Lucas, K.B. and Tek, C. (2017). Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) as a supplementation for weight loss: results from a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Obesity Reviews, [online] 18(5), pp.594–601. Available at: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/obr.12528.
- McGavigan, A.K., O’Hara, H.C., Amin, A., Kinsey-Jones, J., Spreckley, E., Alamshah, A., Agahi, A., Banks, K., France, R., Hyberg, G., Wong, C., Bewick, G.A., Gardiner, J.V., Lehmann, A., Martin, N.M., Ghatei, M.A., Bloom, S.R. and Murphy, K.G. (2014). l-cysteine suppresses ghrelin and reduces appetite in rodents and humans. International Journal of Obesity, [online] 39(3), pp.447–455. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC4276721/.
- International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition. (2017). Chili pepper as a body weight-loss food. [online] Available at: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09637486.2016.1258044?journalCode=iijf20.
- Shah, S., Shah, G., Singh, S., Gohil, P., Chauhan, K., Shah, K. and Chorawala, M. (2011). Effect of piperine in the regulation of obesity-induced dyslipidemia in high-fat diet rats. Indian Journal of Pharmacology, [online] 43(3), p.296. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC3113382/.
- Shapses, S.A., Heshka, S. and Heymsfield, S.B. (2004). Effect of Calcium Supplementation on Weight and Fat Loss in Women. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, [online] 89(2), pp.632–637. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC4010554/.
- Cashman, K.D. (2002). Calcium intake, calcium bioavailability and bone health. [online] 87(6), pp.169–177. doi:https://doi.org/10.1079/bjnbjn/2002534.
- DOCHERTY, J.P., SACK, D.A., ROFFMAN, M., FINCH, M. and KOMOROWSKI, J.R. (2005). A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Exploratory Trial of Chromium Picolinate in Atypical Depression: Effect on Carbohydrate Craving. Journal of Psychiatric Practice, [online] 11(5), pp.302–314. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16184071/.
- Nehlig, A. (2010). Is Caffeine a Cognitive Enhancer? Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, 20(s1), pp.S85–S94.
- Van Schaik, L., Kettle, C., Green, R., Irving, H.R. and Rathner, J.A. (2021). Effects of Caffeine on Brown Adipose Tissue Thermogenesis and Metabolic Homeostasis: A Review. Frontiers in Neuroscience, [online] 15. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC7889509/.
- Pekala, J., Bozena Patkowska-Sokola, Bodkowski, R., Jamroz, D., Nowakowski, P., Stanislaw Lochynski and Tadeusz Librowski (2022). L-Carnitine – Metabolic Functions and Meaning in Humans Life. Current Drug Metabolism, [online] 12(7), pp.667–678. Available at: https://www.eurekaselect.com/article/19654.
- Ob gdlns. (n.d.). [online] Available at: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/guidelines/ob_gdlns.pdf.
- Anon, (2022). Weight Loss for Adults with Arthritis. [online] Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/arthritis/communications/features/arthritis-weight-loss.html.
- Jehan, S., Zizi, F., Pandi-Perumal, S.R., Wall, S., Auguste, E., Myers, A.K., Jean-Louis, G. and McFarlane, S.I. (2017). Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Obesity: Implications for Public Health. Sleep medicine and disorders : international journal, [online] 1(4), p.00019. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC5836788/#:~:text=There%20is%20a%20linear%20correlation,ultimately%20resulting%20in%20sleep%20apnea.
- ScienceDaily. (2022). Weight Loss Improves Mood In Depressed People, New Research Shows. [online] Available at: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/07/090727102028.htm.
- de Wit, S., Kindt, M., Knot, S.L., Verhoeven, A.A.C., Robbins, T.W., Gasull-Camos, J., Evans, M., Mirza, H. and Gillan, C.M. (2018). Shifting the balance between goals and habits: Five failures in experimental habit induction. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, [online] 147(7), pp.1043–1065. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC6033090/.
- CDC (2021). Adult Obesity Causes & Consequences. [online] Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/adult/causes.html.