This article is objectively based on relevant scientific literature, written by experienced medical writers, and fact-checked by a team of degreed medical experts.
Our team of registered dietitian nutritionists and licensed medical professionals seek to remain objective and unbiased while preserving the integrity of any scientific debate.
The articles contain evidence-based references from approved scientific sites. The numbers* in parentheses (*1,2,3) will take you to clickable links to our reputable sources.
YogiFi Smart Ring Reviews 2024: Is This Wellness Gadget Promising?
Are you looking to revolutionize your health and wellness journey with the latest wearable tech? If so, here’s some exciting news for you. Meet the YogiFi Smart Ring, a stylish gadget that combines cutting-edge technology with a user-centric design to transform your approach to fitness and mindfulness.
This innovation is crafted by Wellnesys Inc., an innovative deep-tech startup dedicated to delivering digital health solutions that promote physical and mental health. Following their flagship marvel, an AI-powered intelligent yoga mat that guides users through exercises that burn the most calories at home, the smart ring is designed to monitor an array of vital metrics to give you a holistic picture of your well-being.
But does this tiny ring live up to the hype?
YogiFi Smart Ring
- Real-time insights into biometrics.
- Personalized coaching.
- Built-in features.
- Long-lasting battery.
- May be uncomfortable for certain people
YogiFi Smart Ring Reviews
The YogiFi Smart Ring is the world’s lightest wellness ring. It promises to enable users to achieve optimal and holistic wellness. But just how true are these claims?
- Materials of construction: Crafted from anodized aluminum, this smart ring is highly durable. This material also makes it light in weight, with the models weighing between 2.2 and 3.4 grams. It’s also non-allergenic, making it safe for all skin types.
- The smart ring battery lasts five days, while the portable case comes with a seven-day charge — lasting longer than other brands.
- Design and aesthetics: Available in Twilight Copper, Midnight Black, Lunar Silver, and Shadow Steel, this stylish ring has an innovative split design that accommodates any finger comfortably.
- Features: The YogiFi Smart Ring boasts numerous features that cater to every aspect of your well-being. It continuously monitors your vital signs, including heart rate, HR variability, blood oxygen levels, and sleep quality, providing real-time insights into your overall health via the YogiFi App. This intelligent ring also tracks your daily activity levels, steps taken, calories burned, and mindfulness during meditation sessions.
- LED indications on the ring give stress alerts, encouraging you to maintain an active lifestyle in a relaxed frame of mind.
- Suitable for all lifestyles: Waterproof up to 330 feet, dustproof, and sweatproof, this ring adapts to your daily activities seamlessly.
|Help manage stress.
|Enhance sleep quality.
The company is scheduled to produce the first batch of smart rings in December of 2023 for release in January 2024. As such, the manufacturers have yet to provide research that supports their claims.
YogiFi is an emerging wellness technology brand that continues to gain recognition for its holistic well-being approach. With an array of accolades, including the CES 2020 Innovation Awards Honoree and TWICE Picks Award, it is a testament to its innovation.
Also recognized by the UK’s Corporate Vision as the Most Innovative Fitness Technology Start-up, YogiFi’s commitment to personalized well-being is evident. Positive YogiFi smart ring by Wellnesys review highlights its efficacy in stress management, sleep optimization, and mindfulness tracking.
The YogiFi Smart Wellness Ring is available at early bird prices on Kickstarter, catering to various preferences and needs. The retail price is $149 for the Twilight Copper variant and $174 for the Midnight Black; it offers an affordable introduction to this innovative wellness companion.
For those seeking shared wellness experiences, the Couple bundle at $283 includes two smart rings. The Combo bundle at $298 combines the Smart Yogifi Mat and Smart Ring for a comprehensive wellness package.
For families, the Smart Dual Pack, featuring two rings and two mats, comes at $567, while the Family VIP bundle provides four smart rings and is competitively priced at $539.
Corporate options catering to workplace wellness initiatives include the Employee bundle,10 rings at $1,280, and the Employee Super bundle, 40 rings at $4,980.
Alternatives To YogiFi
Oura Ring 3
- Tracks a wide range of health metrics.
- Up to seven days on a single charge.
- Water-resistant up to 100 meters.
- Stylish design.
- Expensive at $299.
- Requires a monthly subscription.
- 24/7 Seamless Health Tracking.
- 7-day battery life.
- No subscription fee.
- Free shipping.
- Quite costly at $229.
Circular Smart Ring
- Personalized data insights.
- Up to eight days of battery life.
- Very thin and comfortable to wear.
- No subscription.
- Expensive, beginning at $229.
Health Benefits Of YogiFi
According to the manufacturer, the YogiFi smart ring offers the following health benefits:
Holistic Health Monitoring
At the core of YogiFi’s health benefits is its ability to monitor vital signs and aspects such as mindfulness during meditation sessions. This holistic approach gives users a 360-degree view of their health, which empowers them to make informed decisions for their overall well-being.
Research shows that wearable wellness trackers may help individuals change their lifestyle behavior.
Helps Manage Stress
The smart ring provides real-time feedback on stress levels, indicated by LED lights on the ring. Through the YogiFi App, the ring signals the wearer to use stress reduction techniques, such as quick meditation and breathing exercises.
The device also keeps tabs on your HRV during meditation sessions, offering tangible feedback on your stress management efforts. This proactive approach equips individuals with practical tools to manage stress effectively amid their busy lives.
Results from randomized controlled trials show that wearables help workers manage workplace stress more effectively, showing the usefulness of this device in helping people reduce stress. And using built-in sensors is an innovation the industry has been waiting for.
Enhances Sleep Quality
Recognizing the role of sleep in overall health, the YogiFi Smart Ring has an in-built sleep Index feature beyond basic sleep tracking. It breaks down your sleep into four stages — deep sleep, REM sleep, light sleep, and awake — to help you identify potential sleep problems, such as sleep apnea or insomnia.
The device offers personalized suggestions based on sleep quality metrics. This includes recommendations for the best time to meditate or exercise, contributing to a more restful and rejuvenating sleep experience. Research shows promise for wearables in improving sleep quality.
YogiFi’s Mindfulness Index quantifies the quality of meditation sessions to indicate when you achieve a balanced state of mind. By measuring mindfulness achieved during breathing, relaxation, and focus-based meditations, the Smart Ring provides a tangible metric for users to track and improve their mindfulness practices.
Encourages Physical Activity
YogiFi isn’t just a passive tracker; it nudges users to stay physically active. When the device senses prolonged periods of inactivity or stress, it suggests appropriate stretching exercises to alleviate tension and promote physical well-being.
The device’s advanced sensors and algorithms count daily steps and calories burned and provide detailed insights into recovery rate, total activity duration, maximum heart rate, and HRV during workouts. The Auto-workout feature further enhances the user experience by automatically encouraging specific activities like walking for weight loss, running, or HIIT workouts.
Potential Side Effects
The YogiFi Smart Ring is generally considered safe. However, you should be aware of the following potential side effects:
- Skin irritation: The ring is made of anodized aluminum, a hypoallergenic material. However, some people may still experience skin irritation, especially if they have sensitive skin.
- Electromagnetic interference: The intelligent ring uses Bluetooth to connect to your smartphone. Bluetooth is a low-power radio frequency technology that is generally considered safe. However, some people may experience headaches, dizziness, or difficulty concentrating due to sensitivity to RF waves.
- Data privacy concerns: The data collected is stored on your smartphone and in the cloud. There is always a risk that this data could be hacked or misused. However, Wellnesys guarantees that they have robust security protocols in place to avoid such events.
Overall, the YogiFi Smart Ring is a safe and effective device for most people. However, if you have any concerns, it’s best to consult a doctor or contact the YogiFi team.
How To Use YogiFi
Setting up and using your YogiFi Smart Ring is a straightforward process that can be completed in just a few steps.
Setting Up the YogiFi Smart Ring
- Charge the ring.
- Download the YogiFi App.
- Create an account.
- Wear comfortably.
- Pair with your device.
- Personalize your settings.
Using the YogiFi Smart Ring
- Start monitoring your health: Your YogiFi ring will automatically start tracking your health metrics
- View your data: The YogiFi app allows you to view your health data in a variety of ways: You can see your data in real-time, or you can view historical data dating back up to a year.
- Update your ring and app: Occasionally, YogiFi may release updates to tackle bug fixes and introduce new features. To update your ring, ensure you have the latest version of the YogiFi app installed, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
YogiFiCustomer Reviews – What Do Real Users Say?
Awesome, Loving this already. You get my support 👍 Excited to see the two new colors but I already have my eyes on one.Abdulrahman Ghanem, 2023
I just noticed the sizing on the rings, which I like since I know I can’t be the only one that can wear multiple sizes depending on the finger, lol. Saying that, since it will fit a range of sizes, will we be able to move/switch the ring to another finger at any time with the same results, or would it be better to pick a finger and stay there? I know that sometimes a ring that normally fits perfectly can get quite loose at certain times of the month/year, and it would fit better on another finger.Valerie Sizemore, 2023
The YogiFi Smart Ring is not just a device but a dedicated partner on your journey to optimal wellness. It’s a reminder to pause, breathe, and prioritize your well-being in the hustle of modern life.
Whether receiving a stress alert and engaging in a quick meditation session or following personalized coaching tips for better sleep, YogiFi adapts to your needs, empowering you to take charge of your overall health.
YogiFi’s smart ring is the perfect companion for the Smart Yoga Mat.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re looking for a wearable device that tracks a wide range of health metrics to provide valuable insights into your health and motivate you to make positive changes, then the YogiFi Smart Ring is worth considering.
Pros include advanced health tracking, stylish design, enhanced durability, and personalized coaching. Cons are minimal, with some citing the ring’s relatively high cost as the primary consideration.
Wellness wearables can be beneficial for anyone who is looking to improve their health and well-being, especially people who are:
Trying to lose weight or get more active.
Want to improve their sleep quality?
Looking for ways to reduce stress.
To get the most out of your YogiFi Smart Ring:
Wear your ring consistently.
Set realistic goals.
Track your progress via the YogiFi app and make adjustments as needed.
Take advantage of the personalized recommendations provided by the app.
Yes, the YogiFi Smart Ring can complement your lifestyle in several ways. It can help you:
Be more active.
Get better sleep.
Keep stress levels in check.
Make healthier lifestyle choices.
+ 5 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- Klaudia Olkowicz, Kowalczyk, K., Buczko, Z., Czwartos, J. and Nasiłowska, B. (2023). Durability and Additional Properties of Anodized Aluminum-Based Coatings with Different Wettability under Natural Conditions. Materials, [online] 16(10), pp.3729–3729. doi:https://doi.org/10.3390/ma16103729.
- Gualtieri, L., Rosenbluth, S. and Phillips, J. (2016). Can a Free Wearable Activity Tracker Change Behavior? The Impact of Trackers on Adults in a Physician-Led Wellness Group. JMIR Research Protocols, [online] 5(4), pp.e237–e237. doi:https://doi.org/10.2196/resprot.6534.
- Apa.org. (2023). APA PsycNet. [online] Available at: https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2019-36704-001
- Philip, B., Abdelrazek, M., Alessio Bonti, Barnett, S. and Grundy, J. (2022). Data Collection Mechanisms in Health and Wellness Apps: Review and Analysis. Jmir mhealth and uhealth, [online] 10(3), pp.e30468–e30468. doi:https://doi.org/10.2196/30468.
- Degroote, L., Hamerlinck, G., Karolien Poels, Maher, C., Geert Crombez, Ilse De Bourdeaudhuij, Vandendriessche, A., Curtis, R. and DeSmet, A. (2020). Low-Cost Consumer-Based Trackers to Measure Physical Activity and Sleep Duration Among Adults in Free-Living Conditions: Validation Study. Jmir mhealth and uhealth, [online] 8(5), pp.e16674–e16674. doi:https://doi.org/10.2196/16674.