This article is reviewed by a team of registered dietitians and medical doctors with extensive, practical clinical and public health experience.
Noopept Review 2022: Dosage, Effects, Side Effects & Results
All articles are produced independently. When you click our links for purchasing products, we earn an affiliate commission. Learn more about how we earn revenue by reading our advertise disclaimer.
- Anxiety-reducing supplement
- Helps eradicate brain fog
- It helps curb depression
- The supplement has a short half-life, 5-10 minutes
- Same-day shipping
- Third-party tested
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Founded in 1996 in Russia.
- Its IUPAC name is N-phenylacetyl-L-prolylglycine ethyl ester.
- Sold as a dietary supplement in the US
- Sold as a medication in Russian and Eastern Europe.
- Cognitive-enhancing supplement.
- It helps cope with anxiety and depression.
- Improves learning, memory, and concentration.
- Eradicates brain fog.
- Elevate effects of Alzheimer’s.
About The Brand
In our day-to-day lives, we are always searching for ways to improve. Some people go into mindful practices such as yoga; others dive into exercise and the likes with one goal: to become more productive. But as much as these practices might work, some of our lifestyles might be too busy and occupied. You find that you have less time to squeeze in a yoga session or a workout, so you look for alternatives. One such way that could possibly help is Noopept, a renowned cognitive-enhancing supplement. It is a nootropic development by the Zakusov Institute of Pharmacology, the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences by T.A. Gudasheva.
What is Noopept?
Noopept is a supplement that works by increasing acetylcholine signaling in the brain. Concurrently, increasing the expression of the NGF and BDNF protects the brain from glutamate toxicity. When there is high glutamate, it overexcites the nerve cells and kills them fast in a mechanism called excitotoxicity. It also increases inhibitory neurotransmission in the brain.
Noopept is one of many nootropics that are developed based on piracetam’s structure. The main benefit that Noopept has over piracetam is that you can take small doses and get the full effect. It, however, has a short half-life of about 5-10 minutes in rodents, according to research. So this means that there are no traces an hour after administer.
However, the one-hour test will indicate a rise in one of the Noopept metabolites called cycloprolylglycine (cPG). This is the substance that is thought to offer nootropic long-term effects. This same metabolite is a product of IGF-1. It is under development for rare neurological illnesses by Neuren Pharmaceuticals.
Feature Product & Coupon
- Anxiety-reducing supplement
- Helps eradicate brain fog
- It helps curb depression
- The supplement has a short half-life, 5-10 minutes
- Same-day shipping
- Third-party tested
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Does Noopept Work?
To understand if it works, you first need to know how it reacts once it gets into the brain. When you take Noopept, it initiates and improves alpha brain wave function. When this function is heightened, your brain becomes more efficient in recording information, remembering it, and general functioning.
Another reaction is the increase of tonic inhibition in the hippocampus. This affects sensations of wellbeing, stress reduction, low anxiety, and depression.
Taking it before you sleep is known as Noopept sleep, and most experts advise against it. This is because it causes sleep disturbances.
It may cause:
- Increased blood pressure.
Noopept powder is water-soluble, and you should take it with meals. The best time to take it is in the morning since it boosts brainpower. A second dose is appropriate in the early afternoon.
Noopept works for people with very minimal side effects. This means that it is well tolerated in most people who take it. Noopept is often the genesis of people’s nootropic journey because it is effective.
Is Noopept Powder Safe?
Noopept powder is safe to ingest with all your meals. However, taking it might be accompanied by a few side effects due to the limited clinical evidence.
Regardless, to be on the safe side, it is best to purchase your Noopept powder from a credible source. This ensures that you get quality Noopept powder or pills.
Before you consume, ensure that you seek medical advice and a second opinion from your doctor.
Lastly, it would be best if you researched widely on the effects before using Noopept. This is to ascertain if the supplement is best for you. It is always better safe than sorry.
Science Bio Noopept Dosage
Noopept dosage might be an issue, but most users usually compare it to Piracetam. Noopept is actually a thousand times more potent than Piracetam, and that is the basis of dosage. Generally, it would be best if you spread out the dosages throughout the day. Below is how you should use Noopept.
To administer through an oral dosage for an adult is usually 10-30 mg, and that depends on your weight. Start with the 10mg dose and increase it gradually.
Noopept pills retail in different sizes, and you should confirm with the label before taking them. The recommended dose is the minimum and never the maximum. This is to avoid you building tolerance to the drug.
The sublingual dosage is 5 mg. This is the case because the supplement’s delivery system is fast-acting since it gets to the brain quicker.
When you are using Noopept sublingually, be keen to observe how your body reacts. This is vital before taking the dosage up a notch to a10 mg dosage.
The Noopept recommended dose for snorting is also set at 5 mg or lower. If you surpass that amount as a beginner, you are bound to get headaches, fatigue, and nausea.
This is the dose when you want to experience significant fast-acting improvements in your cognitive health. A typical Noopept dose is around 50 to 100 mg, but some people go beyond that amount.
The likely effects of a mega dose are an immediate change in your memory, learning, intelligence, and faster-thinking ability.
The only catch with a mega-dose is that it has to be done only once a week. Using it every day reduces its effect and builds your tolerance to the supplement. It might also be dangerous.
- It helps in reducing anxiety and other mental issues like stress and depression.
- It helps induce sleep to fight insomnia.
- It helps with fatigue, PTSD, alcoholism, and stress, among other conditions.
- A low number of side effects
- The manufacturer does not have an official website.
- There are not many helpful reviews about this product.
- The withdrawal effects are immeasurably causing decreased appetite, nausea, muscle aches, fast heart rate, anxiety, agitation, trouble sleeping, and seizures
- Aniracetam is more potent than Piracetam.
- Aniracetam reduces the effect mental conditions like anxiety and depression
- Aniracetam increases cognition and memory
- Aniracetam is a multi-faceted supplement
- It has headaches as one of the side effects. However, you can counteract this effect with the addition of Choline. Choline is found in eggs or as an Alpha GPC supplement.
- Nervousness and gastrointestinal problems are other likely side effects.
Science Bio Noopept Ingredients
The ingredients depend on the final product. These are the liquid form or powder.
All in all, they contain water type II as a solvent (for the liquid form), acetate, and BCK that is used as a stabilizer. However, the most important constituents are the AMPA and the NMDA, which are glutamate receptor stimulators and the NGF and BDNF protein stimulators. These ingredients are superb in helping the brain perform better and more efficiently.
AMPA and NMDA receptor stimulators
NMDA, N-methyl-d-aspartate has an essential role in developing cortical circuitry. And AMPA, a-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole propionic acid, is necessary for the standard neurotransmission in the brain.
The AMPA receptor pairs with an ion channel such that when glutamate binds to it, the channel allows sodium to enter the postsynaptic neuron. The NMDA receptor also undergoes the same pairing with an ion channel. But the difference is that they instead allow calcium ions into the postsynaptic cell.
Both of these receptors become active when glutamate is introduced.
NMDA receptors are fundamental in learning and memory, as well as spatial memory. AMPA receptors mediate a fast excitatory synaptic transmission in the body’s central nervous system. They are fundamental in synaptic plasticity in long-term potentiation(LTP) and long-term depression (LTD) of synaptic transmission in the hippocampus.
When these receptors are stimulated, they invoke a sensation of well-being plus better cognitive status.
BDNF and NGF protein stimulators
BDNF, Brain-derived neurotrophic factor, is vital for learning, cognition, and long-term memory. Whereas NGF, the Nerve growth factor, is instrumental in the survival, functioning, and maintenance of the sensory and sympathetic neurons. It helps in the axonal growth in the central nervous system.
BDNF is also essential in creating new neurons from the stem cells through a process called neurogenesis. When BDNF is released, they support brain health. Some factors can lead to lower body stimulation, such as aging, or habits such as taking alcohol.
While increasing it, some studies have supported that antidepressants, CBD, and certain foods help. Foods like dark chocolate, extra virgin olive oil, blueberries, and other high-polyphenol foods do the trick.
NFG regulates neurotransmitter release. This receptor is crucial as it helps in the development and survival of the nerve cells. This helps in the optimum functioning of the pain transmitting nerves—also, the temperature and touch sensation by the sensory neurons.
Health Benefits & Effects of Noopept
Health Benefits of Noopept
- Here are the health benefits of Noopept:
- It increases acetylcholine signaling.
- It increases the expression of BDNF and NGF protein receptors.
- It protects the brain from glutamate toxicity.
- It increases inhibitory neurotransmission.
Effects of Noopept
- The effects that one feels are;
- Increased dopamine content, thus a happier mood.
- Improved cognitive function.
- Clears your thoughts by removing brain fog.
- Curbs anxiety and depression.
- Reduction of stress.
- An increment of focus and concentration
- It improves memory and learning.
- It helps people with Alzheimer’s
Potential Side Effects
Due to the limited number of studies encompassing the use of Noopept, most medical practitioners term it as a well-tolerated drug. It has a minimal number of side effects, and they include:
- Insomnia and sleeplessness- especially when taken at night
Most of these side effects are easy to manage, so they are not fatal. For instance, if it causes sleeplessness, you should consider taking Noopept doses earlier in the day. This way, by the time it is evening, your brainpower has diminished, and you can rest without feeling unsettled.
Also, most of the other side effects might be due to an overdose. And you can quickly sort this out by reducing the dosage. For example, if you have been taking 10 mg, reduce it to 5 mg. Additionally, as a beginner, start small to mitigate any of these side effects.
- Noopept has few side effects.
- It is effective for stress reduction.
- It is effective for anxiety and depression treatment.
- It is helpful in mood-boosting.
- It is an effective brain booster that aids in improved brain cognitive function.
- The dosages are straightforward, but you still have to confirm this.
- It does not make you high.
- You can take Noopept in multiple ways.
- Reverses cognitive decline.
- It is cost-effective.
- You may develop a tolerance if you start with a higher dose.
- There is no dosage guide.
Noopept Reviews: What Real Users Say?
Even though Noopept has numerous pros, the best place to get first-hand feedback is through what people say about it. Many people who have started their nootropic journey usually begin using Noopept. They had the following to say about it:
“So yes, like other reviews have stated, this product tastes awful, and there is no dosage guide for this potent nootropic. It’s to be expected to taste awful, but the benefits of the substance are very noticeable. The dosage is 10-30mg sublingually, and trust me; the flavor is bitter and very chemical tasting. After about half an hour, the effects become noticeable. You get 25 grams of the stuff for a low price, and 25 grams is about 833 doses at 30mg, 1250 doses at 20mg, or 2500 doses at 10mg. Needless to say, this container will last you a while, and you get it for a low price, so in my opinion, 5/5 stars.”Truu.ss
“This is the second time I’ve ordered Noopept from these guys. The first time I bought it, I was leary of it, because the price was too good. But it’s the real thing. There’s no little scoop included, but so what. I’ve got a few of these around the house already. Recommended if you’re looking for Noopept. I plan on ordering from them again.”Alric the red
Where to Buy Noopept?
You can buy Noopept from various pure sources like affiliate websites, Amazon, eBay, and other online eCommerce stores.
You must, however, be very careful to note the leading supplier. The purchase must be transparent to ensure that you are getting a good product. This applies to both Noopept and Phenibut or any other brand of this product.
Noopept seems to be an effective brain-boosting supplement that you should give a go. The pros outweigh the cons, and the side effects are nothing too serious. All in all, you should ensure that you get your Noopept from a trusted source. This way, you are confident that the nootropic remedy you are getting is the real deal.
The last thing is to ensure that you take the safe dosages taking note of how you are using Nooprep. Start slow, then build up as you go.
Frequently Asked Questions
The manufacturers use recognized independent third-party laboratories to validate every batch of every product. Each product necessitates different equipment and processes. They collaborate with several specialized labs and PhDs in analytical and organic chemistry to design the analytical procedures.
NMR, FTIR, HPLC, LC-MS, GC-MS, TLC, ICP-MS, Gravimetry, UV-Vis, Titration, Melting Point, and Organoleptic are analytical techniques they utilize. On the company’s Quality Control website, you may learn more about their QC procedure.
The importance of accurate measurement cannot be overstated. When misused, Nooprep can be hazardous or harmful. Weigh or measure your product immediately after receiving it to ensure the total weight or volume.
PhenQ contains a mix of natural ingredients and a key so-called secret ingredient that helps it stand out from the plethora of other weight loss pills on the market. This trademarked formulation is known as α lacys reset.
This combination of key ingredients helps prevent fat formation, burn off stored fat, suppress appetite, and increase metabolism and mood.
Noopept is not a stimulant.
It can, however, induce insomnia in some persons, primarily when used in large doses. Nonetheless, using a Noopept stack that also contains stimulants like caffeine to provide an added boost to your energy level may be beneficial.
Many people use Noopept daily; however, there are specific considerations to remember. The first is tolerance, followed by a dosage increase. Higher tolerance means higher doses, which may increase the risk of side effects. It is best to cycle Noopept consumption to avoid this. For every five days of use, we recommend taking two days off.
Noopept stimulates dopamine receptors, causing them to release more dopamine. One reason for the positive benefits of well-being, anxiety, and cognitive decline difficulties could be this action style. A Noopept stack with l-theanine or another chemical that works on the dopamine receptors is ideal for persons looking for a dopamine boost.
Another advantage of the Noopept supplement is that it does not cause euphoria, nor does it make you high. The effect is usually noticeable after 20-30 minutes of taking it.
Noopept enhances focus, clarity of thought, anxiety, and brain fog reduction (particularly social type). This may be because it encourages verbal fluency. Furthermore, Noopept promotes the production of NGF and BDNF, two necessary neuroprotective chemicals.
No, it is not okay. There is a warning that this supplement should not be taken before bedtime because it may cause sleep disturbances.
+ 14 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- Suliman, N.A., Mat Taib, C.N., Mohd Moklas, M.A., Adenan, M.I., Hidayat Baharuldin, M.T. and Basir, R. (2016). Establishing Natural Nootropics: Recent Molecular Enhancement Influenced by Natural Nootropic. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, [online] 2016, pp.1–12. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5021479/ [Accessed 11 Sep. 2021].
- Picciotto, Marina R., Higley, Michael J. and Mineur, Yann S. (2012). Acetylcholine as a Neuromodulator: Cholinergic Signaling Shapes Nervous System Function and Behavior. Neuron, [online] 76(1), pp.116–129. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3466476/ [Accessed 11 Sep. 2021].
- Liou, S. (2011). About Glutamate Toxicity – HOPES Huntington’s Disease Information. [online] HOPES Huntington’s Disease Information. Available at: https://hopes.stanford.edu/about-glutamate-toxicity/ [Accessed 11 Sep. 2021].
- Tejeda, G.S., Esteban‐Ortega, G.M., San Antonio, E., Vidaurre, Ó.G. and Díaz‐Guerra, M. (2019). Prevention of excitotoxicity‐induced processing of BDNF receptor TrkB‐FL leads to stroke neuroprotection. EMBO Molecular Medicine, [online] 11(7). Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6609917/ [Accessed 11 Sep. 2021].
- Malykh, A.G. and Sadaie, M.R. (2010). Piracetam and Piracetam-Like Drugs. Drugs, [online] 70(3), pp.287–312. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20166767/ [Accessed 11 Sep. 2021].
- Voronina TA;Guzevatykh LS;Trofimov SS (2021). [Comparative study of the long-term behavioral effects of noopept and piracetam in adult male rats and female rats in postnatal period]. Eksperimental’naia i klinicheskaia farmakologiia, [online] 68(2). Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15934357/ [Accessed 11 Sep. 2021].
- Gudasheva, T.A., Grigoriev, V.V., Koliasnikova, K.N., Zamoyski, V.L. and Seredenin, S.B. (2016). Neuropeptide cycloprolylglycine is an endogenous positive modulator of AMPA receptors. Doklady Biochemistry and Biophysics, [online] 471(1), pp.387–389. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28058675/ [Accessed 11 Sep. 2021].
- Klimesch, W. (2012). Alpha-band oscillations, attention, and controlled access to stored information. Trends in Cognitive Sciences, [online] 16(12), pp.606–617. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3507158/ [Accessed 11 Sep. 2021].
- Purves, D., Augustine, G.J., Fitzpatrick, D., Katz, L.C., Anthony-Samuel LaMantia, McNamara, J.O. and S Mark Williams (2012). Glutamate Receptors. [online] Nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK10802/ [Accessed 11 Sep. 2021].
- NMDA receptor function, memory, and brain aging. (2000). From Research to Treatment in Clinical Neuroscience, [online] 2(3), pp.219–232. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3181613/ [Accessed 11 Sep. 2021].
- Dawe, G.B., Brown, P.M.G.E. and Bowie, D. (2020). AMPA and Kainate Receptors. The Oxford Handbook of Neuronal Ion Channels. [online] Available at: https://www.oxfordhandbooks.com/view/10.1093/oxfordhb/9780190669164.001.0001/oxfordhb-9780190669164-e-8 [Accessed 11 Sep. 2021].
- Medlineplus.gov. (2013). BDNF gene: MedlinePlus Genetics. [online] Available at: https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/gene/bdnf/ [Accessed 11 Sep. 2021].
- Nutritional Neuroscience. (2021). Effects of nutritional interventions on BDNF concentrations in humans: a systematic review. [online] Available at: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/1028415X.2020.1865758 [Accessed 11 Sep. 2021].
- Williamson, G. (2017). The role of polyphenols in modern nutrition. Nutrition Bulletin, [online] 42(3), pp.226–235. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5601283/ [Accessed 11 Sep. 2021].