The article is a subjective view on this topic written by writers specializing in medical writing.
It may reflect on a personal journey surrounding struggles with an illness or medical condition, involve product comparisons, diet considerations, or other health-related opinions.
Although the view is entirely that of the writer, it is based on academic experiences and scientific research they have conducted; it is fact-checked by a team of degreed medical experts, and validated by sources attached to the article.
The numbers in parenthesis (1,2,3) will take you to clickable links to related scientific papers.
Thinking Egg Review – Let’s Explore This Fascinating Product In 2024
In a world of constant bombardment with various stimulants, it can seem like everything is overwhelming without any practical solution. You may seek help from mainstream healthcare or alternative mental health services, but what if you need something else — such as a simple reminder to be present?
The Thinking Egg is a mindful tool for day-to-day use, delivering one message: Slow things down and be more present. The egg is ergonomically designed to remind you to calm down — even if it feels like the world is crumbling beneath your feet. Yes, this sounds too good to be true, but that’s part of the egg’s charm.
Created in 2017 by Oscar Bonilla Jr., Orijin Design Company is committed to helping people cope in moments of crisis. It designs products to remind people about what is important. The Canadian-based company is guided by a simple motto: It’s Time to Slow Down.
So, how does the Thinking Egg do its job?
- Available in different organic materials.
- Candy-sized and extremely portable.
- Ergonomically designed.
- Choose your own metaphysical symbolism.
- Center of attention during meditation.
- Can help combat mental health.
Thinking Egg Reviews
The Thinking Egg is available in various all-natural materials, each with a unique weight, texture, and aesthetic appeal. These materials are carefully chosen to symbolize different things — from concentration to clarity.
A few of the all-natural materials include:
- Bamboo: Symbolizing concentration, the bamboo Egg has an appealing grain pattern and soothing texture.
- Lava: The solidified lava stone gives the Egg a smooth and cool texture, and symbolizes strength and change. Its porous material can absorb essential oils.
- Brass: Brass metal has an elemental composition of copper and zinc, which may give brass its supposedly healing properties. Zinc is known to support immune system function and promote better sleep by increasing melatonin.
- Jade: A smooth, glossy texture, jade stone is said to bring luck.
- Tiger’s eye: By promoting courage, this Egg is said to help you avoid complacency and provides a useful reminder to think outside the box.
All these natural elements are purposely chosen to connect you to the natural world, even when things seem to be falling apart. See all the material options below.
The Egg is ergonomically designed to feel grounding and bring ease to the mind.
With a 17-millimeter width and 23.38-millimeter height, each egg is ergonomically designed to feel great in the palm of your hand. The weight ranges between 2.8 to 28.5 grams depending on the material. This means you can easily carry it with you wherever you go. They also have a flat bottom so they can stand balanced on a flat surface.
You might want to keep it standing on your desk as a minimal reminder to remain aware, or maybe holding it during meditation helps to calm your mind. Simply holding it might also help ease anxiety by putting your attention on its weight and form.
Thinking Egg III
Like the original Thinking Egg, this one has access to online materials to help in your mindful journey. These materials include useful meditational tips and techniques to incorporate into your daily life.
The Egg is also available in different sizes and materials, allowing you to choose the one that suits your preferences.
Thinking Egg Plus
The Thinking Egg Plus is another great mindful tool. It is hand-crafted and made to feel great and last, with the promise to make you more self-aware in day-to-day life.
Unlike the original Thinking Egg, the Plus is 3.5 times larger and 40 times heavier, giving it a nice weight without being bothersome in your hand or pocket. The idea is that its extra weight will create a perception of stability in an unstable world.
The Thinking Egg Plus also includes sophisticated features and an ergonomic design. This allows you to hold it comfortably and as a visual reminder to slow down and de-stress.
One feature you will notice when holding the Thinking Egg is its brilliant craftsmanship. The materials used are 100% natural and have been purposefully chosen for their aesthetic appeal. This sensory experience aims to aid an effective mindfulness practice.
The Thinking Egg’s quality goes beyond its appearance. Its quality reminds you to be aware of your feelings and incorporate effective mindfulness in your routine.
The Thinking Eggs are available on the company’s website at only $17, except for the Damascus steel Egg, which costs $24. The prices are standard on the company website.
At the time of writing, you could find the eggs on websites like Bespoke and Amazon for only $16.
The Eggs can be delivered around the globe. The shipping fees displayed will vary depending on your location in the world.
Does Thinking Egg Really Work?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one in 25 adults has a mental health condition — but less than 60% seek treatment.
Even though there are various forms of treatment, including supplements, an ergonomic object such as the Thinking Egg can help remind you to slow down in high-pressure moments. But does the Egg really work?
In a world where brands make fake promises, you’re probably feeling skeptical. How exactly is this tiny egg going to help with your mental health issues?
It works by bringing your attention to the present moment and embracing a mindful way of living. The truth is, once you begin using it, you will realize the Egg’s value is its ability to act as a trigger for mindset change. Having a physical reminder of your mental health goals will help you destress and stay grounded.
If it works for you, the Thinking Egg is one of the safest and easiest ways to ease anxiety and refocus your attention. This focusing tool is an antidote to an overstimulated life. This is because the Orijin Thinking Egg takes your attention away from the stressful situation and brings it to the present moment.
Alternatives To Thinking Egg
Even though the Thinking Egg is an important mental health tool, it is not the only product for everyday mindfulness activity. The following are some best alternatives to the Orijin Egg.
Casmon Healing Crystal
- Exquisite size to keep near you.
- May help promote calmness.
- Comes in different sizes and colors.
- Not perfectly shaped
Duqguho 30 Pcs Crystals Eggs
- Beautiful heart-shaped stones.
- Brings calmness.
- Sold in bulk.
- Not many color variations.
Raicegs 6PCS Thumb Worry Stone
- Pleasant smooth surface.
- Easy to carry around.
- Features a thumb indentation.
- Available in various materials.
Health Benefits Of Using Thinking Egg
Some potential health benefits of the Thinking Egg include:
If you are struggling to focus on the activity, the Egg might help. Engaging in physical activity — such as playing with the Egg — increases the release of dopamine. This neurotransmitter is responsible for various functions, including your willingness to work on harder tasks.
Feeling the texture of the egg in your pocket or moving it around might help bring your attention to the present moment, allowing you to focus better.
Just because you’re awake doesn’t mean you’re alert. Engaging in any exercise, including the movements created when playing around with the Egg, might help promote cognitive brain function.
For those with ADHD, it can be hard to focus on a mental task without physical movement. Studies in students with ADHD show that providing the hands a toy for mindless movement activity can aid mental concentration.
One of the key elements of the Thinking Egg is to encourage you to slow down. So, when your thoughts are becoming distracting, the Egg reminds you to take a calm moment.
Practicing mindfulness is a proven way of reducing stress. Reaching for it in moments of uncertainty will keep you relaxed.
However, for the best results, we recommend using the Egg alongside therapy such as online therapy. Doing this ensures that you effectively deal with underlying issues in your mental health.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects?
Even though the Thinking Egg comes with a lot of mental health benefits, you should be wary of the following:
- It is not a cure for serious mental health issues. Seek additional help from your doctor if your mental well-being is getting in the way of your life.
- Ingestion: Studies suggest that using fidget toys in children with ADHD can lead to ingestion requiring medical removal.
How To Use Thinking Egg
To cultivate effective mindfulness tips and bring a sense of calmness into your life, here is how to use the Thinking Egg:
- Choose Your Material: Choose the right egg that resonates with your needs.
- Set An Intention: Create a purposeful mindset to guide your practice. This could be a goal like increasing focus or reducing stress.
- Enjoy It In Peace: Find somewhere quiet that will allow you to immerse yourself fully in mindful practice.
- Meditate With It: Place the Egg in your hand, feel its texture, and allow yourself to connect with it. Pay attention to the feeling, using it as a point of focus for meditation.
The biggest advantage of these Eggs is that you can play with them wherever you are, whether in the office, school, or grocery store. Just toss them in the air, roll them on any surface, or play around with them in your hand. As you do this, it will remind you to believe in the power of mindfulness and the need to practice it.
Since its launch, many users have reported that they can now put their mental well-being first. Others agree that they can reach into their purses or pockets and feel the egg when their day-to-day lives are overwhelming.
Instead of reaching out for the phone or fidgeting around, they just feel the egg to remind them of the importance of the present moment.
Thinking Egg Reviews – What Do Users Say?
Here are reviews left by customers on Amazon about the Thinking Egg.
It is a nice small howlite Thinking Egg. Easily carried along due to its small size. The one I received had a large gray howlite marking on one side and was pretty much white on the other. At least each piece is unique. Nicely sculpted and smooth. I really enjoy thinking about eggs from this company.Captain Kurse
Exactly what I was looking for! Works great for grounding exercises.
Occasionally I get anxious/stressed at the office (let’s face it, who doesn’t?), and I had been looking into possibly getting a fidget toy but I thought those were too childish for the office…then I found this little egg.Jessica Hazen
First off, it’s really beautiful. I purchased the Howlite version and it’s in excellent condition, and the polishing is perfect. I think the egg shape lends itself to easily being able to move it around in one hand, and it’s extremely smooth. Since I got it, I’ve often found myself reaching for it whenever I start feeling anxious, and it always seems to help.
Plus, the fact that it’s a pretty howlite stone makes it fit in as a nice desk accent, so no one knows that I really use it for anxiety relief.The.design.jedi
All these reviews agree that the egg helps in combating anxiety and stress in day-to-day life. Customers that don’t want to carry it around purchased the eggs for their aesthetic features. By placing them in their working area, the eggs serve as a visual reminder in moments of crisis.
The Thinking Eggs are beautifully crafted objects and essential tools for restless minds to keep calm and grounded. Thanks to its balanced design, you can keep it standing on your desk as a mental reminder and find moments of calmness in your daily life.
The Orijin Thinking Eggs can be a worthwhile mental health investment. The craftsmanship and use of all-natural materials testify to the commitment to helping you put your well-being first.
Be aware that Thinking Eggs are not medical devices and is not a cure for mental health problems. Always seek help from a certified professional about your mental health issues and use remedies such as magnesium supplements to improve cognitive functions.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is a hand-held tool that acts as a gentle reminder to be calm.
The original Thinking Egg is a small, asymmetrically shaped tool that stands 17 millimeters wide and 23.38 millimeters tall.
Eggs symbolized life, wealth, and promise across different cultures. The Thinking Egg is made by mixing natural materials, creating harmony and balance.
The best Thinking Egg for you is a personal choice. If you want something that represents strength, for example, go for the lava Egg. Or choose yours based on aesthetic material preferences.
The Thinking Egg is made from all-natural materials, including bamboo wood, sandstone, brass, steel, lava stone, jade, etc.
The Thinking Egg is designed to be a physical reminder for practicing mindfulness in moments when you feel your life is spinning out of control.
The Thinking Egg is extremely portable thanks to its small size and functional base design that allows it to stand still when you are not carrying it with you.
Once you place the Egg in your hand, shift your attention to it and focus on how it feels. This will allow you to calm down when angry or stressed, and focus on the present.
+ 7 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- Wessels, I., Maywald, M. and Rink, L. (2017). Zinc as a Gatekeeper of Immune Function. Nutrients, [online] 9(12), pp.1286–1286. doi:https://doi.org/10.3390/nu9121286.
- Anon, (2023). About Mental Health . [online] Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/mentalhealth/learn/index.htm#:~:text=Over%201%20in%205%20youth,a%20seriously%20debilitating%20mental%20illness.&text=About%201%20in%2025%20U.S.,bipolar%20disorder%2C%20or%20major%20depression.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH). (2020). Dopamine affects how brain decides whether a goal is worth the effort. [online] Available at: https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/dopamine-affects-how-brain-decides-whether-goal-worth-effort#:~:text=For%20those%20with%20lower%20dopamine,they%20do%2C%20in%20some%20sense.
- Perrey, S. (2013). Promoting Motor Function by Exercising the Brain. Brain Sciences, [online] 3(4), pp.101–122. doi:https://doi.org/10.3390/brainsci3010101.
- way (2019). Mindfulness meditation: A research-proven way to reduce stress. [online] https://www.apa.org. Available at: https://www.apa.org/topics/mindfulness/meditation
- Aspiranti, K.B. and Hulac, D. (2021). Using Fidget Spinners to Improve On-Task Classroom Behavior for Students With ADHD. Behavior analysis in practice, [online] 15(2), pp.454–465. doi:https://doi.org/10.1007/s40617-021-00588-2.
- Sammer, M.B.K., J. Herman Kan and Donnelly, L.F. (2018). Radiographic appearance and clinical significance of fidget spinner ingestions. Pediatric Radiology, [online] 48(11), pp.1584–1592. doi:https://doi.org/10.1007/s00247-018-4179-8.