What does the research study involve?
You will be asked to attend one experimental session which will consist of two aspects. The first requires the completion of a computer-based task and the second involves the completion of questionnaires.
How long will it take?
The study will take approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
When and where will the research take place?
- This research will take place from May to August 2015.
- It will be held in the University of Bath.
Who can take part?
- Have a diagnosis of Type-2 Diabetes OR have no history of diabetes
- Be between the ages of 18 to 70 years
- Have normal or corrected to normal vision (i.e. Use of glasses)
- Feel comfortable and able to use a computer
- Speak fluent English.
Will my taking part in this study be kept confidential?
All information and data provided will remain strictly confidential and all results will be anonymised. This research has been approved by the Department of Psychology Ethics Committee (Ref. 15-112).
Why should you take part?
- You will help to further the understanding of attitudes towards Type-2 diabetes
- This understanding may lead to improved management of Type-2 diabetes and improved subsequent health
- At the conclusion of the experimental session you will receive £5 in cash for participation.
Who can I contact for further information?
If you would like to take part in this study please contact Samantha Garay by email [email protected], or by phone on 07584431825.