This article is reviewed by a team of registered dietitians and medical doctors with extensive, practical clinical and public health experience.
Top 5 Best Red Superfood Powders Review [2023 Updated]
All articles are produced independently. When you click our links for purchasing products, we earn an affiliate commission. Learn more about how we earn revenue by reading our advertise disclaimer.
- Its ingredients are high quality
- It brings the best taste in red superfood powders
- It is a well-researched product that is highly recommended by doctors
GundryMD Vital Reds
- It’s great for your digestive health
- It’s packed with plenty of polyphenols
- Aids in weight loss
- Contains natural ingredients like cinnamon bark and grape seed extract
40% Off Exclusively With Our Above Ambassador Link
- It tastes a lot better than other green superfood powder
- It’s a well-researched product
Red is slowly becoming the new green. Red superfood powders are gaining momentum as a worthy addition to consumers’ daily diets. Nutritionists have revealed that most antioxidant supplements offer significant nutritional benefits as they are also rich sources of phytonutrients, minerals, and vitamins.
We’ve looked up five of the best red superfood powders in this post, so you won’t have to. We’ve based the rankings on critical factors such as customer reviews, product quality, experience, and in-depth research. All the red superfoods in this post come incredibly close to eating natural fruit and vegetables.
Best Red Superfood Powders On The Market In (June. 2023)
- Peak Performance – Best overall
- GundryMD Vital Reds – Best for digestion
- Organifi – Best antioxidant content
- Superbeets – Best for nitric oxide
- Feel Great 365 – Best for stronger immunity
- MacroLife Naturals Miracle Reds – Best taste
What Are Reds Superfood Powder?
Reds Superfood powders are nutritious formulas derived from natural sources such as strawberry, Rhodiola, goji berry, cherry, pomegranate, blueberry, beetroot, and acai berry.
These ingredients are contributors to good health and a more robust immune system. Red superfood powders don’t utilize primary ingredients such as kale and broccoli, but they do offer their own unique perks. They also offer certain nutrients that green superfoods often miss.
Red superfood powders may be a unique fit based on your existing intake and dietary needs.
Benefits Of Red Powder
Red powders are considered superfoods because of their high antioxidant capacity in addition to their high vitamin and mineral content. They often contain elevated levels of Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, potassium, folic acid, and Vitamin C. These vitamins and minerals are crucial in strengthening our immune system.
The antioxidants and vitamins contained in red powders also aid in preventing and treating inflammation as well as a host of other preventable diseases such as diabetes, cancer, and blood sugar/blood pressure issues.
Most of these red superfoods are high in antioxidants. As our bodies develop, they’re bound to create issues such as oxidative stress and elements such as harmful free radicals. Antioxidants protect us from both problems and more. If your body ends up with too many free radicals for your system to handle, oxidative stress may cause cancer, diabetes, premature aging, and heart disease.
What’s more, supposedly, the antioxidants and phytonutrients present in these red powders and red superfoods may help boost your metabolism and aid significantly in weight loss. This may be due to the enhanced cellular activity and decreased inflammation. They also promote healthy skin while assisting our bodies to eliminate toxins and inflammation that builds up internally over time.
The red superfood blend also helps boost energy levels as a result of enhanced metabolism, and this may play a great role in improving fitness performance and overall physical results.
Top 5 Best Red Superfood Powder Brands
GundryMD Vital Reds
Vital Reds utilizes more than 34 kinds of polyphenol ingredients and superfruits that contain fat-burning ingredients and probiotics.
- It has a high potential of preventing heart complications
- Aids in digestion
- Promotes weight loss
- Offers natural energy
- Clinically made by trained physicians
- It contains plenty of polyphenols.
- Very costly
- Lack of transparency about side effects
- Reported side effects include diarrhea, heart palpitations, nausea, and vomiting.
Organifi red superfood powder offers 100% plant-based nutrition with natural, high-quality ingredients. Organifi boasts a lower-than-3-gram sugar content. Some unique features of this superfood brand are its easy accessibility, convenience, and unique formulation.
- Promotes a healthy diet
- Refreshing taste sweetened with monk fruit extract
- High satisfaction guarantee and excellent customer service
- Canisters are 100% recyclable to curb greenhouse gas emissions.
- Contains adaptogens and red beets
- USDA-certified organic
- If you’re not a fan of beets, you may not like the taste
- Higher priced as compared to other superfood powders
As the name suggests, this supplement is made from beets that have been converted to crystals via dehydration. Beets are packed with an impressive nitrate level that is converted to nitric oxide upon consumption.
- It has the potential to lower blood pressure
- It may boost cardiovascular health.
- It may potentiate peak performance athletically.
- It may protect against cancer.
- Proprietary blend of ginger, bioperine, turmeric, curcumin, and beets
- No independent clinical studies
- Calls itself a ‘drug’
- Proprietary blend not on ingredient label; label only mentions beet powder and nutrients
Feel Great 365
Feel Great 365 claims to clear allergy symptoms, flu-like symptoms and strengthen your immunity. As difficult as it may be to believe, this product’s ingredient list doesn’t disappoint.
- Boasts an impressive lineup of ingredients
- Combines both reds and greens
- Free from dairy, artificial sweeteners, sugar, soy, and gluten
- It contains polyphenols that prevent inflammation.
- The probiotic and enzyme contents aid in bowel movement.
- Slightly costly
- The ingredients used might not be 100% organic.
MacroLife Naturals Miracle Reds
Miracle Reds is a blend of organic and vegan superfoods. It contains several unique ingredients such as papaya, carrot, elderberry, and boysenberry.
- It contains elderberries and boysenberries: two of the best superfoods.
- Very competitive value per serving.
- It contains a probiotic blend of ingredients
- It’s both organic and vegan.
- It has a really great taste when mixed with milk.
- It’s readily available.
- The 90-day container costs are significantly more than the 60-day container.
How To Choose The Best Red Superfood Powder?
With the variety of ingredients present in today’s red superfood powders, you’re bound to settle for any product that catches your eye. When picking an ideal red powder, avoid using the same criteria as that of the greens.
Those criteria are specifically for the greens and may not always bear the same significance as the red superfood powders. Here are some essential ingredients to look out for when choosing red superfood powders:
These are some of the essential ingredients in any red superfood powder. Vitamin A, all eight Vitamin Bs, Vitamin C, E, and K
Antioxidants should be present in your ideal red powders, and they’re also a significant component of green powders. A major difference is that red powders have antioxidants in the form of carotenes. These compounds provide the powders with their red-ish shade and aid in eye, hair, and skin health. They also lower the risk of cancer, prevent cell damage, and reduce premature aging.
It’s rare to find a red powder minus this particular ingredient. Nitrates are common in deep-red foods such as beets, berries, etc. Nitrates increase your body’s supply of blood and nutrients to the muscles. They help to alleviate fatigue and improve peak performance in your workout routines. They’re a crucial compound in circulation, heart health, muscle development, healthy metabolism, and overall well-being.
Nitric oxide protects your cells from free radical damage and relaxes your blood vessels. These actions are essential in ensuring adequate blood circulation and blood pressure, and this may go a long way in boosting energy and endurance.
These are hit-and-miss. There’s little to no chance that you’ll encounter red superfood powders with ginger, turmeric, green tea leaf extract, and other herbal extracts. You’re on the right track if you find a legitimate product with any of these healthy ingredients. Herbal extracts boost the effectiveness and potency of other elements.
The Difference Between Greens And Reds Powder
Besides the color, reds, and greens powder are two different entities with plenty of features that set them apart from each other. For one, they have unique ingredients that define their health benefits in your body.
Greens powders are fixed on body detoxification – both internally and externally, and they boost the body’s health. On the other hand, reds are focused on fighting free radicals (unstable molecules) responsible for damaging cells.
If you eat salads often, you may want to boost your superfood red powder intake to supplement your fruit needs. Similarly, if you eat fruit often, you may want to increase your greens powder supplement intake.
Red superfood powders are packed with plenty of nutritional supplements to keep you healthy. The vital thing to remember is that all the red superfood powders above focus on keeping you safe from cell damage, aging, infections, and others.
You should choose a red powder based on their results and the ones that offer the most research-oriented results. If you have a rather sensitive stomach, opt for red superfoods with a perfect blend of digestive enzymes. Other factors you need to keep in mind are price, packaging, drying process, manufacturing process, and the quality of ingredients
Frequently Asked Questions
Red superfoods are a rich source of antioxidants that help to eliminate oxidative cell damage by free radicals. Red superfoods are focused on enhancing your health and offering a healthy level of nutritional supplements (vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, nitrates, etc.).
Steer clear of red superfoods with low-quality ingredients, ineffective/poor blends, exaggerated marketing, and those that lack quality oversight or research. Other features include too much sugar and the manufacturers being unreliable.
The ingredients used in most high-quality red powders are 100% safe and offer a variety of health benefits. On the other hand, if you suffer any allergic reaction to a particular ingredient, do the right thing and contact your health professional before buying any of the above products.
Red powders bring various health benefits to your body, such as enhancing overall health due to their rich antioxidant content.
+ 11 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- The Nutrition Source. (2012). Antioxidants. [online] Available at: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/antioxidants/.
- Pizzino, G., Irrera, N., Cucinotta, M., Pallio, G., Mannino, F., Arcoraci, V., Squadrito, F., Altavilla, D. and Bitto, A. (2017). Oxidative Stress: Harms and Benefits for Human Health. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, [online] 2017, pp.1–13. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5551541/.
- Lobo, V., Patil, A., Phatak, A. and Chandra, N. (2010). Free radicals, antioxidants and functional foods: Impact on human health. Pharmacognosy Reviews, [online] 4(8), p.118. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3249911/.
- 0 (2017). How do free radicals affect the body? [online] Medicalnewstoday.com. Available at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318652.
- Pandey, K.B. and Rizvi, S.I. (2009). Plant Polyphenols as Dietary Antioxidants in Human Health and Disease. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, [online] 2(5), pp.270–278. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2835915/.
- Sies, H. (2010). Polyphenols and health: Update and perspectives. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, [online] 501(1), pp.2–5. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0003986110001281.
- Silvester, A.J., Aseer, K.R. and Yun, J.W. (2019). Dietary polyphenols and their roles in fat browning. The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, [online] 64, pp.1–12. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0955286318305266.
- Advisoryhq.com. (2018). ᐅ Vital Reds Reviews | Is it Safe? A Scam or One of the Best Supplements – AdvisoryHQ. [online] Available at: https://www.advisoryhq.com/articles/vital-reds-reviews/#:~:text=Reviews%20from%20customers%20suggest%20that%20there%20may%20be,Discomfort%203%20Heart%20palpitation%204%20Nausea%205%20Vomiting.
- Asgary, S., Afshani, M.R., Sahebkar, A., Keshvari, M., Taheri, M., Jahanian, E., Rafieian-Kopaei, M., Malekian, F. and Sarrafzadegan, N. (2016). Improvement of hypertension, endothelial function and systemic inflammation following short-term supplementation with red beet (Beta vulgaris L.) juice: a randomized crossover pilot study. Journal of Human Hypertension, [online] 30(10), pp.627–632. Available at: https://www.nature.com/articles/jhh201634.
- Kapil, V., Khambata, R.S., Robertson, A., Caulfield, M.J. and Ahluwalia, A. (2015). Dietary Nitrate Provides Sustained Blood Pressure Lowering in Hypertensive Patients. Hypertension, [online] 65(2), pp.320–327. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4288952/.
- Wylie, L.J., Mohr, M., Krustrup, P., Jackman, S.R., Ermιdis, G., Kelly, J., Black, M.I., Bailey, S.J., Vanhatalo, A. and Jones, A.M. (2013). Dietary nitrate supplementation improves team sport-specific intense intermittent exercise performance. European Journal of Applied Physiology, [online] 113(7), pp.1673–1684. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23370859/.