The article is a subjective view on this topic written by writers specializing in medical writing.
It may reflect on a personal journey surrounding struggles with an illness or medical condition, involve product comparisons, diet considerations, or other health-related opinions.
Although the view is entirely that of the writer, it is based on academic experiences and scientific research they have conducted; it is fact-checked by a team of degreed medical experts, and validated by sources attached to the article.
The numbers in parenthesis (1,2,3) will take you to clickable links to related scientific papers.
Care/of Vitamins Review 2023: Benefits, Risk & Results
All articles are produced independently. When you click our links for purchasing products, we earn an affiliate commission. Learn more about how we earn revenue by reading our advertise disclaimer.
- Ethically sourced ingredients and packaging
- Vitamins personalized based on a questionnaire
- Wide range of products
- Established in NYC in 2016
- Acquired by Bayer August 2020
- Custom daily vitamin packs
- Support for immune, energy, probiotics
About The Brand
The brand Care/of Vitamins was established in NYC in 2016 by Craig Elbert. In August 2020, the multi-international conglomerate Bayer purchased Care/of Vitamins for 225 million dollars.
The company’s focus is on creating personalized vitamins based on a comprehensive review of an online health quiz presented to customers. Select combinations of vitamin packs are delivered directly to customers based on their specific needs, such as immune support, increased energy, probiotics for gut health, and other specific health concerns.
Top Care/of Products In November 2023
- Multivitamin – Best Variety
- Prenatal – Best Organic
- Probiotic Blend – Best Probiotic Strain Variety
- Collagen – Best Hydrolyzed Bovine Collagen
- Plant Protein – Best Pure Pea Protein
- Whey Protein – Best Grass-fed whey protein isolate
- Fish Oil – Most Personalized
- Focus Blend – Best For Cognitive Function
- Chia-Flax – Best For Heart Health
The Line Up At A Glance
- Personalized supplement
- Wide variety of products
- Designed with the latest research
- Contains 22 essential nutrients
- 100% vegetarian, gluten-free, and sugar-free
- Easy to digest
Best Probiotic Strain Variety
- Helps regulate the digestive system naturally
- Vegan, non-GMO, gluten-free
- Contains B. lactis, L. acidophilus, and L. rhamnosus
Best Hydrolyzed Bovine Collagen
- Keeps skin moisturized and supple
- Helps strengthen nails
- Non-GMO, gluten-free, and dairy-free
Best Pure Pea Protein
- Organic pea, hemp, and pumpkin seed proteins
- Supports muscle growth and recovery
- Supports weight management
Best Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate
- Grass-fed whey protein isolate
- Non-GMO, gluten-free
- Supports muscle growth and recovery
- Supports heart health
- Sourced from wild Alaskan salmon
- Cold press extraction for efficacy
Best For Cognitive Function
- Supports cognitive function
- Boosts focus and mental energy
- Non-GMO, vegan, gluten-free
Best For Heart Health
- Supports heart and digestive health
- Provides critical nutrients
- Supports weight management
What Is Care/of Vitamins?
Care/of is a monthly subscription service of personalized supplements delivered to your door. Although they are not meant to replace a healthy diet for overall health, following the supplement recommendation might just add to your physical performance and overall well-being.
In addition to retailing vitamin supplements, Care/of Vitamins also offers collagen, individual herbs in capsules, boosts, and isolate protein. Care/of Vitamins advertises that it partners with farmers and suppliers to ensure ethical harvesting and sustainability for all products. The ingredients used are deemed high-quality for potency and bioavailability.
The supply chain team is international enabling sourcing to come directly from the part of the world where it is grown best.
The company website presents limited research to support the health benefits of individual ingredients that may be used for their dietary supplements. Furthermore, the studies used are mostly animal-based or rely on a small pool of participants.
Does It Really Work?
The supplement recommendations in Care/of products are likely to work based on these aspects:
- They’re not a one-size-fits-all kind of formulation. These dietary supplements are tailor-made to suit your individual needs.
- Care/of products are more likely to enhance your overall health and well-being. They essentially supplement your body with the proper nutrients in suitable amounts to improve your quality of life.
- They’re likely to sort out deficiencies. It’s a perfectly normal occurrence when your diet fails to meet your body’s required nutritional needs. Taking vitamins helps sort out this problem and gives your body exactly what it needs.
- A good number of their products are non-GMO, gluten-friendly, and vegan-friendly.
- Personalized vitamins recommended via an online health quiz
- Wide range of products
- Ingredients used for products tested for quality
- Products are shipped to your door
- Custom formulations are manufactured and tested at several GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and NSF-certified facilities in the US.
- Products are third-party certified.
- Has a scientific advisory board
- Lacks consultation with the Food and Drug Administration, registered dietitian, or another qualified healthcare professional on assessment
- Minimum order required to waive fees
- Vitamin subscription service
- No Certificate of Analysis (COA) available for review
Care/of Vitamins Multivitamin Ingredients
The number of various vitamins and minerals used for multivitamins, powders, and supplements will vary depending on the personalized recommendations. Specific ingredients are selected for prenatal, multivitamin with iron, probiotic, or include superfoods or electrolytes.
There are products for stress management that include ashwagandha, elderberry for immunity, and probiotics for gut health and optimal digestion. The multivitamin with iron comprises adequate amounts of iron, choline, vitamins D, E, B6, and folate. It is relatively low in calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamin A and vitamin C.
If gut health is a concern, Care/of’s probiotic blend is made in Denmark and includes 8 billion CFUs of Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12, Lactobacillus acidophilus LA-5, and Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG and 5 mg of sodium.
The website for Care/of claims that their research and development team is committed to ingredient potency and bioavailability. However, because there are no third-party studies or tests for Care/of’s products, a healthy level of skepticism about their product’s effectiveness is understandable.
Summary of the Different Vitamins and Minerals in the Multivitamin
Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 are both presents at 100% or above the usual daily value (DV) based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Vitamin B6 is present at 47%(DV) and lagging behind at less than 30% of the DV are Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Choline, Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium.
Also contained in the multivitamin are Boron, Silica, Mixed Tocopherols, and Vitamin K2, for which no daily value has been established.
Maltodextrin is noted in the ingredient list. Maltodextrin is a highly processed food starch with a high glycemic index. Although on the Food and Drug Administration’s Generally Recognized as Safe List (GRAS), it has been known to cause food sensitivities in certain individuals; alters the gut bacteria in your digestive system; may cause rashes or bloat, and is generally sourced from a genetically modified organism (GMO).
Care/of Different Supplements
Depending on what you are looking for to improve your health, the products suggested for you to order will differ from others. Let’s take a look at the types of products offered.
They include single vitamins such as B12, C, and D. They also contain multivitamins, prenatal vitamins, and B-Complex vitamins. These vitamins contain antioxidant properties that help to override harmful molecules.
They include an adaptogenic mushroom blend, astaxanthin, keratin, and omega-3s. Specialty vitamins help to relax blood vessels, increase blood flow, and lower high cholesterol.
Care/of currently offers zinc, magnesium, iron, and calcium. Aside from generating hormones and enzymes in the body, minerals ensure the proper functioning of the brain, heart, muscles, and bones.
Care/of provides a variety of herbal supplements such as milk thistle, garlic, ashwagandha, and elderberry. All of this help to manage and prevent diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.
Care/of provides two choices of probiotics: one made from a blend of bacterial-based ingredients and the other from yeast-based elements. The good bacteria in the probiotics ensure the proper functioning of your body.
Sourced from grass-fed animals, this hydrolyzed protein is easy to digest. It is what makes up our bones and joints and keeps them elastic while exerting a hydrating, anti-aging effect on the skin.
Health Benefits Of Care/of Vitamins
The following are some of the benefits of signing up for Care/of vitamins:
Having a Care/of subscription means that you automatically get supplements delivered to your address regularly.
Offers nutritional benefits
Based on reports by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), most mature citizens are deficient in magnesium, fiber, potassium, calcium, and a wide range of vitamins. If your diet doesn’t offer these vitamins and minerals, you can quickly get them from Care/of supplements.
All the ingredients used in the Care/of products are easily absorbable and ethically sourced. Limited research suggests that Care/of’s methylfolate may be easier to be absorbed than other ingredients.
Potential Side Effects
Before taking any vitamins, supplements, or health products that are new to your diet and system, consult a certified healthcare practitioner or nutritionist for further advice. Some vitamins may cause a slight adverse or allergic reaction when taken. Use caution and discontinue taking any product that may trigger an undesirable effect.
Common side effects when consuming new vitamins more regularly may include but are not limited to nausea, upset stomach, skin irritation, headache, or irritability. Also, be careful when taking prescribed medications and look out for potential interference or side effects from specific vitamins.
When taking Care/of Vitamins, reading over the included nutritional label and following the suggested dosage is essential.
Care/of Vitamins Review: What Do Real Users Say?
After reviewing Care/of Vitamins and its lineup of products, it is critical to assess its merchandise, quality, and results by looking at real users. The following Care/of Vitamins reviews were taken from real people.
“I loved the packaging. I loved the convenience of having all my vitamins packed in one user-friendly package rather than having two or more bottles and paying more than $30 for each. If you’re looking to save money on vitamin supplements, look no further than Care/of.”
“I’ve been taking Care/of vitamins for a while now, and believe me when I say that I feel its effects. I feel satisfied with the results and how well my health has been lately. Before I knew what Care/of was, I was overwhelmed by fatigue and a weak immune system. Nowadays, you can tell how good this product is based on my lively appearance alone.”
“With Care/of, there’s no guesswork involved in taking supplement vitamins. I take every vitamin my body needs and leave out non-essential supplements. It’s super easy if I’m being honest. I just grab the packets I need before I leave for work, and just like that, my nutritional needs are taken care of.”
“I love Care/of because of how fail-proof, convenient, and informative they are as a brand. I’m satisfied with my subscription, and I don’t see myself switching up things any time soon.”
Top Alternative Choices
25% Off Your First Month (Expired on May 30th): MDW25
- Offers delayed-release capsules for improved absorption of nutrients
- University clinical trial for Essential for Women
- Range of products for protein, pregnancy, and multivitamins
- Uses ethically sourced ingredients
- Only new customers get discounts
- Team of clinical researchers scrutinizes products
- Wide range of products for brain health, heart health, energy, inflammation, and digestion
- Offers blood and lab test services
- Products may be more expensive to similar companies
- Monthly subscription for customized vitamins & supplements
- Products come with a Certificate of Analysis
- Brand backed by medical advisory board and nutritionists
- Products only available via assessment
- Custom packs more expensive than bottles retailed at stores
Based on the National Institute of Health findings, one in three adults takes a vitamin supplement. If you want to enhance your health but you’re feeling overwhelmed by the numerous supplement brands out there, Care/of may just be for you. A vitamin subscription of this kind helps you to discover what your body lacks.
When you sign up for a monthly subscription, it automatically renews itself, thus helping you to lead a healthy lifestyle and be more consistent with your supplement regimen.`
While mineral supplements may help you fill in all the nutritional gaps left by your diet, they’re not necessarily a free pass to better health.
You may need to make healthier choices, such as adopting an exercise routine and a balanced diet. Doing any of these will strengthen your immune system faster and better than the most advanced dietary supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Care/of identifies as a subscription service that offers customized vitamins based on online health quiz results. Care/of offers three product categories: powders, quick sticks, and vitamins. You have the option of personalizing your subscription through additional ingredients known as ‘boosts.’
Answer: You take an online assessment quiz and define your health goals. Based on the assessment quiz, personalized vitamin packs are prepared for your individual health needs and mailed to your door monthly on a subscription basis.
Answer: The manufacturer recommends consuming the supplement products within six months of the manufacturing date (noted by MFG on the front of your pack). They suggest that you consume protein powder within six months of the date you placed the order.
Yes. You will receive customized supplements based on the answers you provide on the mandatory quiz. However, what they don’t do is alter your responses to recommend different products.
The most common nutrient deficiency symptoms include excessive hair loss, pain in the bones, reduced ability to eliminate infections, irregular heartbeat, pale skin, impaired memory, cognitive function changes, mood instability, etc.
You’ll be required to complete an online quiz before you can be given any dietary supplement. In addition to your age and your sex, the company will require you to disclose additional info such as your smoking history, previous ailments, and so on.
+ 4 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- Usda.gov. (2022). Food and Nutrition. [online] Available at: https://www.usda.gov/topics/food-and-nutrition].
- Scaglione, F. and Panzavolta, G. (2014). Folate, folic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate are not the same thing. Xenobiotica, [online] 44(5), pp.480–488. doi:10.3109/00498254.2013.845705.
- Ronis, M.J.J., Pedersen, K.B. and Watt, J. (2018). Adverse Effects of Nutraceuticals and Dietary Supplements. Annual Review of Pharmacology and Toxicology, [online] 58(1), pp.583–601. doi:10.1146/annurev-pharmtox-010617-052844.
- Nih.gov. (2019). Office of Dietary Supplements – Multivitamin/mineral Supplements. [online] Available at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/MVMS-HealthProfessional/].