This article is reviewed by a team of registered dietitians and medical doctors with extensive, practical clinical and public health experience.
Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced Reviews 2023 – Does It Help?
All articles are produced independently. When you click our links for purchasing products, we earn an affiliate commission. Learn more about how we earn revenue by reading our advertise disclaimer.
- Artificial sweetener-free
- Made by Physician
- Tested by third-party labs
- Various health benefits
- Money-back guarantee
- Support metabolism and immune system
- Boost energy
As a Gundry MD Ambassador, I am pleased to offer you a discount through my Gundry Wellness Ambassador link below
28% Off Exclusively With Our Above Ambassador Link
About Gundry MD
Dr. Gundry is one of the famous doctors in the industry of alternative diet. In the past two decades, he was able to sell different food supplements promoting overall wellness. One of his products is the Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced. Is it really helpful for weight loss support? Or is it safe to use? To find out the answers to these questions, continue reading, as we dig deeper into deeper aspects of the brand including customer reviews.
Dr. Steven Gundry MD was the one to coin the term Leaky Gut Syndrome, and the one to propose that Lectins can cause harm to our body. Now, he was able to develop different types of dietary food supplements known to enhance the overall health and wellness of many people. His products include Lectin Shield, Polyphenol Olive Oil, Propellant Complete, and most especially his Metabolic Advanced. Does it really help? Let us find out in this review.
What Is Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced?
Dr. Gundry’s Metabolic advanced is a dietary supplement designed by a doctor, Dr. Gundry MD. The said supplement is for those people who want to keep healthy and maintain their blood sugar levels. He claims that it has the capability of correcting Metabolic Slowdown. Specifically, it can improve digestion, help weight loss support, and enhance mental functions.
One thing that people love about Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced is its various health benefits. For instance, this dietary supplement can support healthy glucose metabolism and prevent weight gain. Its anti-inflammatory compounds are also highly beneficial to many. Aside from that, there are other pros of the product.
- No adverse side effects
- Affect overall wellness and immune system
- Supported by science and studies
- Should be a part of the daily routine
- May have conflicts with patients already having health conditions
Where To Buy Metabolic Advanced?
Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced is available at Gundry MD Wellness Ambassador. The product is also available in other retailers like Amazon. While this is true, we strongly recommend you buy the supplement from the Gundry MD website to be eligible for a 90-day money-back guarantee.
When buying at the website, you will have three options to choose from. Each package differs in terms of price and amount of supplies. The available packages are one jar with a 30-Day Supply, three jars with a 3-Month Supply, and six jars with a 6-Month Supply. For starters, we recommend buying the first package.
Since many customers are happy with free shipping, the company also provides that. Having said that, all Gundry MD orders over $60 within the US are covered with free shipping. Based on our observation, even Gundry’s lowest package is priced over $60 — seems like everything is shipped for free. That is a lot of savings!
If you subscribe to their website and become a member, additional savings will be made possible. They have lots of offers for loyal customers.
As for the money-back guarantee, Dr. Gundry assures you that you can always get your money back 100% for 90 days. Just contact their customer service support team and have your money back. Note that this does not cover free shipping.
For more questions regarding shipping and any order-related questions, you can contact Gundry MD through the phone number found on their website.
Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced Ingredients 2023
Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced contains 7 ingredients in one formula. All of these are Natural (pure organic).
The seven ingredients of Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced are 30mg of Zinc Citrate, 70mcg of Selenium, 20mcg of Chromium, 250mg of Cinnamon Bark, 250mg of Berberine HCL, 100mg of Turmeric Root Extract, and 10mg of Black Pepper Fruit Extract.
Zinc Citrate (30mg)
Zinc Citrate, also known as Zinc, is just one of the most essential minerals needed by the human body. It is hard to get, especially if you have nut allergies. That is the reason why Zinc deficiency is common to many. For instance, 50% of people in the late adulthood stage, specifically those who are 65 years old and above, have low levels of zinc. This is not good for our bodies. In one study among adolescents, those who suffer from obesity were found to have lower levels of zinc.
What can the 30mg of zinc from Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced offer? With Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced, zinc deficiency can be avoided. Following the recommended dosage of the dietary food supplement will let you gain enough zinc, in reference to the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA).
As for a simple but interesting fact, one randomized trial has been conducted. The research found out that those who suffer from obesity can experience significant weight loss and a lower level of BMI upon taking 30mg of zinc every day for four consecutive weeks.
Similarly, another randomized study among children who suffer from obesity was also conducted. They have been treated with 20mg of zinc daily for two months. According to the results, children who received such a treatment experienced the same effect. Nevertheless, Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced contains enough amount of zinc, capable of assisting weight loss, reducing BMI, and waist circumference.
Selenium is another type of mineral essential for our body. This is commonly found in soil, water, and certain foods we consume such as nuts and eggs. Although it is rare for a person to not be able to have enough selenium in the body, there are still circumstances that which one may suffer from such deficiency.
For instance, those who suffer from AIDS and/or HIV and people undergoing kidney dialysis are known to receive lower levels of selenium. Having not enough selenium makes you prone to developing Keshan disease. It is a heart disease commonly associated with Enlarged Heart and Poor Heart Functioning.
What are the things that 70mcg of Selenium offers to our body? According to the study, a considerable amount of selenium has the potential benefit of reducing the probability of developing cancer in certain areas of the body. This includes the colon, rectum, prostate, lung, bladder, skin, esophagus, and other parts found in a person’s stomach.
In addition, having enough selenium may improve memory and reduce the likelihood of developing cognitive decline.
Initially, science experts did not consider Chromium as something highly significant. However, they found out that such a mineral has a potentially positive effect on our bodies. For instance, food supplements containing chromium are now given to people having diabetes, especially those who already developed insulin resistance hypoglycemia.
There are other considerable benefits of chromium, which health experts continue to investigate. Specifically, a few studies were conducted, and results show that the said mineral may help lowering cholesterol levels.
A high intake of chromium should be avoided if a person is suffering from kidney and liver disease. There are also no known side effects of chromium deficiency. Since Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced only contains 20mcg of the said compound, it is guaranteed that this can lead to no harm. Instead, it will only let you experience the benefit.
Cinnamon Bark (250mg)
Cinnamon Bark is a healthy spice, containing cinnamaldehyde, cinnamic acid, and cinnamate. This offers an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, anticancer, and antidiabetic compound.
According to research, a woman taking at least 5g of cinnamon bark lowers blood sugar levels or blood glucose levels. However, it did not significantly affect insulin sensitivity or insulin resistance. Nevertheless, this is great for the immediate regulation of metabolism and boosting energy.
Berberine HCL (250mg)
Berberine HCL has inflammatory and neuroprotective properties, allowing your body to fight infections. Furthermore, it is also capable of lowering blood sugar levels.
At first, Berberine HCL has been studied through hypoglycemic rats with obesity. The results were positive. It led to enhanced insulin sensitivity – which means it helped rats in lowering blood sugar levels and blood glucose.
Similarly, a randomized trial among humans has also been conducted. The subjects were people suffering from metabolic syndrome. The results showed a positive impact on the participants, improving carbohydrate metabolism, boosting energy, reducing waist circumference, and insulin sensitivity.
Turmeric Root Extract (100mg)
Turmeric Root Extract has been proven enough to offer various benefits. Such benefits include an enhancement to a person’s heart health and brain function. Health science experts found out that curcumin, a chemical found in Turmeric Root Extract, has a great role in our bodies.
Several clinical randomized trialshave been conducted in the past, and the results revealed that turmerics were able to reduce BMI (Body Mass Index). This is especially true for people who have high blood sugar levels, experience obesity, and for those who suffered from metabolic syndrome.
Black Pepper Fruit Extract (10mg)
Black Pepper Fruit Extract is another spice capable of providing you with a significant amount of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits. Aside from that, it helps reduce your risk of developing neurological disorders including but not limited to epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease.
Black Pepper Fruit Extract is a great complimentary promotional supplement for the turmeric Root Extract. It also contains prebiotic compounds, which help boost the good and healthy bacteria found in our gut.
In a study conducted among people who were overweight, a treatment of 6mg of Black Pepper Fruit Extract helped them attain weight loss, enhancement in Body Mass Index, and insulin sensitivity.
Does Metabolic Advanced Really Help?
As far as we examine customer reviews and Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced ingredients research, we found out that the food supplement is highly effective to many.
First, the seven ingredients made available in this formula are generally safe. Therefore, the risk of developing harmful consequences is extremely rare. Besides, these minerals and natural chemicals can also be taken by consuming several foods.
Although these ingredients can be taken from many foods we naturally consume, the product’s role is to keep your body getting enough important minerals and proteins. As Dr. Gundry stated, the formula is created to provide metabolism support. It also improves blood sugar levels for people who are still considered healthy.
By this means, the doctor made a disclaimer. The supplement is not intended for treatment or cure for any kind of chronic illness such as hypoglycemia. Indeed, he advises everyone to consult a physician before starting any food supplement, most especially for those who have existing health states even if the product is generally safe.
Feature Product & Coupon
Best Metabolic Advanced
Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced
- Control food cravings
- Boost energy levels
- Metabolism support
- Help with weight loss
28% Off Exclusively With Our Above Ambassador Link
Health Benefits of Metabolic Advanced
According to Dr. Gundry MD, Metabolic Advanced has a variety of benefits including controlled food cravings, boost energy levels, and support for healthy digestion. In short, it gives metabolism support.
Customers also noticed additional positive effects aside from what has been mentioned. For instance, many users report significant weight loss as well as an improvement in their mood.
This is also confirmed by several randomized trials conducted in the past. Specifically, zinc and Turmeric Root Extract is found to be able to significantly influence a person’s weight and whole-Body Mass Index. In the same manner, science also agrees that most of the ingredients found in Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced are capable of affecting blood sugar levels. Indeed, the food supplement is proven to be described as a unique and powerful metabolism support for the human body. This is definitely a good support for our immune system, perfect for our overall wellness.
Potential Side Effects
Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced has no known side effects. The formula is created with 100% pure, organic, and natural ingredients. Moreover, the said supplement is tested for safety and quality through a third-party GMP Certified Facility.
Nevertheless, Dr. Gundry, MD recommends everyone consult a doctor before starting taking the supplement, especially if you are taking other medication for certain health conditions. Some of the ingredients may interact with other medicines negatively. Thus, do caution first.
Despite the warning, Dr. Gundry Metabolic Advanced is generally safe. You are less likely to get overdosed unless you take a lot higher than what he prescribes.
- Contains a blend of prebiotics, probiotics, and a postbiotic
- Free of gluten, and major allergens
GundryMD Bio Complete 3
See Gundry Bio Complete 3 Review
10$ Off Coupon: HEALTHCANAL10
- 3-pronged formula
- Research provides scientific support
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- Quite expensive
10% Off Coupon: HC10ACTYOU
- Most ingredients are evidence-based
- In beverage form
- Blend of superfoods
- Some ingredients lack evidence to support their use
How To Use Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced
According to Dr. Gundry, in order to get the best result, one should take two capsules per serving. This should be done twice a day during your two largest meals. This means you have to consume four capsules daily.
Consistency is the key. If you take this supplement as recommended, you are more likely to experience its results for a few days.
Metabolic Advanced Reviews – What Do The Real Users Say?
Upon looking at Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced customer reviews, many of them showed high satisfaction. Some of them report that they experience the effect for only two weeks from a consistent intake.
In addition, one customer stated that they have tried other similar products from different brands. However, only Gundry MD metabolic Advanced makes a difference in their body. They got all the results they need!
Alternatives To Metabolic Advanced
One of the alternatives to Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced is the GNC Total Lean Advanced Metabolic Elite. The product is a fat burner and an energy-booster supplement.
GNC Metabolic Elite is produced by the General Nutrition Centers Inc. (GNC Inc.) It is also available at their official site and other GNC stores. Unlike Dr. Gundry MD products, GNCs contain high levels of caffeine, which is not good if you have existing heart problems or neurosis.
Aside from the GNC Total Lean Advanced Metabolic Elite, another alternative to Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced is the BioTrust Ageless Core. Somewhat similar to Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced, Ageless Core also contains three of the seven ingredients found in Gundry’s product namely zinc citrate, selenium, and chromium. This also contains amounts of caffeine.
Final Thought – Is It Worth Trying?
Having the fact that Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced contains non-harmful ingredients, we can certainly say that this is worth trying. Besides, it offers a lot of health benefits.
If you want to optimize support for your glucose metabolism and weight loss, this dietary supplement is for you. The ingredients help you control food cravings and boost energy levels.
Another best thing about Gundry MD is their money-back guarantee and shipping policy. With Gundry MD, you can have a lot of savings! Aside from that, you can always contact customer service, in case you need more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is a food supplement made by Dr. Steven Gundry MD. It is designed for supporting a healthy metabolism. Specifically, it can help you control food cravings, prevent weight gain, and attain weight loss instead.
Dr. Gundry is an experienced physician. He is one of the leading heart surgeons in America. He was the owner of the International Heart and Lung Institute and the former director of the Center for Restorative Medicine in Santa Barbara.
Aside from Weight gain control and improvement in metabolism, your body will also be able to prevent some chronic diseases through its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It also boosts
Take two capsules of Metabolic advanced twice a day with your heavy meals. This lets you consume a total of four capsules a day.
No, Gundry MD Metabolic Advanced has no adverse side effects. However, Dr. Gundry recommends you consult your doctor before taking any food supplement to avoid unwanted reactions.
+ 19 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- Suliburska J;Cofta S;Gajewska E;Kalmus G;Sobieska M;Samborski W;Krejpcio Z;Drzymala-Czyz S;Bogdanski P (2013). The evaluation of selected serum mineral concentrations and their association with insulin resistance in obese adolescents. European review for medical and pharmacological sciences, [online] 17(17). Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24065235/.
- Mocchegiani, E., Romeo, J., Malavolta, M., Costarelli, L., Giacconi, R., Diaz, L.-E. and Marcos, A. (2012). Zinc: dietary intake and impact of supplementation on immune function in elderly. AGE, [online] 35(3), pp.839–860. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22222917/.
- Zinc as a Gatekeeper of Immune Function. (2017). Nutrients, [online] 9(12), p.1286. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5748737/.
- Ennes Dourado Ferro F;de Sousa Lima VB;Mello Soares NR;Franciscato Cozzolino SM;do Nascimento Marreiro D (2011). Biomarkers of metabolic syndrome and its relationship with the zinc nutritional status in obese women. Nutricion hospitalaria, [online] 26(3). Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21892588/.
- Payahoo L;Ostadrahimi A;Mobasseri M;Khaje Bishak Y;Farrin N;Asghari Jafarabadi M;Mahluji S (2013). Effects of zinc supplementation on the anthropometric measurements, lipid profiles and fasting blood glucose in the healthy obese adults. Advanced pharmaceutical bulletin, [online] 3(1). Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24312830/.
- Kelishadi, R., Hashemipour, M., Adeli, K., Tavakoli, N., Movahedian-Attar, A., Shapouri, J., Poursafa, P. and Rouzbahani, A. (2010). Effect of Zinc Supplementation on Markers of Insulin Resistance, Oxidative Stress, and Inflammation among Prepubescent Children with Metabolic Syndrome. Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders, [online] 8(6), pp.505–510. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21028969/.
- Wang, N., Tan, H.-Y., Li, S., Xu, Y., Guo, W. and Feng, Y. (2017). Supplementation of Micronutrient Selenium in Metabolic Diseases: Its Role as an Antioxidant. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, [online] 2017, pp.1–13. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29441149/.
- Nih.gov. (2017). Office of Dietary Supplements – Selenium. [online] Available at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Selenium-Consumer/.
- What is chromium and what does it do? (n.d.). [online] . Available at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/pdf/factsheets/Chromium-Consumer.pdf.
- Rao, P.V. and Gan, S.H. (2014). Cinnamon: A Multifaceted Medicinal Plant. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, [online] 2014, pp.1–12. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4003790/.
- Allen, R.W., Schwartzman, E., Baker, W.L., Coleman, C.I. and Phung, O.J. (2013). Cinnamon Use in Type 2 Diabetes: An Updated Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. The Annals of Family Medicine, [online] 11(5), pp.452–459. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24019277/.
- Lee, Y.S., Kim, W.S., Kim, K.H., Yoon, M.J., Cho, H.J., Shen, Y., Ye, J.-M. ., Lee, C.H., Oh, W.K., Kim, C.T., Hohnen-Behrens, C., Gosby, A., Kraegen, E.W., James, D.E. and Kim, J.B. (2006). Berberine, a Natural Plant Product, Activates AMP-Activated Protein Kinase With Beneficial Metabolic Effects in Diabetic and Insulin-Resistant States. Diabetes, [online] 55(8), pp.2256–2264. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16873688/.
- Pérez-Rubio, K.G., González-Ortiz, M., Martínez-Abundis, E., Robles-Cervantes, J.A. and Espinel-Bermúdez, M.C. (2013). Effect of Berberine Administration on Metabolic Syndrome, Insulin Sensitivity, and Insulin Secretion. Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders, [online] 11(5), pp.366–369. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23808999/.
- Cavaleri, F. (2018). Presenting a New Standard Drug Model for Turmeric and Its Prized Extract, Curcumin. International Journal of Inflammation, [online] 2018, pp.1–18. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5820622/.
- Akbari, M., Lankarani, K.B., Tabrizi, R., Ghayour-Mobarhan, M., Peymani, P., Ferns, G., Ghaderi, A. and Asemi, Z. (2019). The Effects of Curcumin on Weight Loss Among Patients With Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Frontiers in Pharmacology, [online] 10. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6582779/.
- Chavarria, D., Silva, T., Magalhães e Silva, D., Remião, F. and Borges, F. (2015). Lessons from black pepper: piperine and derivatives thereof. Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Patents, [online] 26(2), pp.245–264. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26560940/.
- Patil, V.M., Das, S. and Balasubramanian, K. (2016). Quantum Chemical and Docking Insights into Bioavailability Enhancement of Curcumin by Piperine in Pepper. The Journal of Physical Chemistry A, [online] 120(20), pp.3643–3653. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27111639/.
- Lu, Q.-Y., Summanen, P.H., Lee, R.-P., Huang, J., Henning, S.M., Heber, D., Finegold, S.M. and Li, Z. (2017). Prebiotic Potential and Chemical Composition of Seven Culinary Spice Extracts. Journal of Food Science, [online] 82(8), pp.1807–1813. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28678344/.
- Rondanelli, M., Opizzi, A., Perna, S., Faliva, M., Solerte, S.B., Fioravanti, M., Klersy, C., Edda, C., Maddalena, P., Luciano, S., Paola, C., Emanuela, C., Claudia, S. and Donini, L.M. (2012). Improvement in insulin resistance and favourable changes in plasma inflammatory adipokines after weight loss associated with two months’ consumption of a combination of bioactive food ingredients in overweight subjects. Endocrine, [online] 44(2), pp.391–401. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23271695/.