The article is a subjective view on this topic written by writers specializing in medical writing.
It may reflect on a personal journey surrounding struggles with an illness or medical condition, involve product comparisons, diet considerations, or other health-related opinions.
Although the view is entirely that of the writer, it is based on academic experiences and scientific research they have conducted; it is fact-checked by a team of degreed medical experts, and validated by sources attached to the article.
The numbers in parenthesis (1,2,3) will take you to clickable links to related scientific papers.
Life Extension Reviews 2023: Ingredients, Benefits & Buying Guide
All articles are produced independently. When you click our links for purchasing products, we earn an affiliate commission. Learn more about how we earn revenue by reading our advertise disclaimer.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Manufactured in the USA
- Offers Reward programs and Autoship
- Free expert advice by phone
- Positive user reviews
- 99% manufactured in the USA
- Founded in the 1980s.
- Offers various vitamins and supplements.
- Team of medical and scientific advisors
- Website offers basic health guidance
- Clinically researched ingredients for health
About The Brand
Life Extension is a well-known vitamin and supplement company. Life Extension promises to deliver pure products with high-quality ingredients that create a scientifically-validated formula.
Over the last 40 years, Life Extension has been motivated by the belief that if we seek a healthier life, it is available to us.
The company thoroughly tests the purity of the ingredients they use to create vitamins and supplements. They offer blood and lab tests first to ensure you are getting the specific nutrients that your body is lacking in.
Feature Product & Coupon
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Manufactured in the USA
- Offers Reward programs and Autoship
- Free expert advice by phone
- Positive user reviews
Does It Really Work?
Life Extension offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, or you can send the product back hassle-free. They promise to rigorously test their products and ingredients to ensure you get the best product on the market.
With so many supplements on the market, you may be wondering if Life Extension is a good brand?
In addition to testing ingredients, Life Extension offers lab testing such as a blood test explicitly tailored for your health and wellness needs. After ordering a lab test through Life Extension, you complete your labs at a local lab testing facility.
Once you receive your test results, you can contact a wellness specialist for guidance on interpreting these results. A wellness specialist is available seven days a week and included with your labs, and they can assist you in choosing the right supplements for your needs.
The Life Extension website also offers wellness quizzes. These quizzes are designed to guide you in knowing what supplements you should take for your own personal health and wellness needs.
Even though there is some personalization involved, we still always recommend talking to your health provider before starting any nutritional supplements.
- Money-back guarantee
- Manufactured here in the USA
- Rigorously test products to ensure consumers get high-quality vitamins and supplements.
- Offers multiple discounts and reward programs
- Rated #1 Catalog/Internet Merchant
- Not FDA regulated
- Products may be more expensive than other similar brands.
Life Extension Ingredients
Life Extension’s motto is the “science of a healthier life.” Through this science, they have created a huge selection of vitamins and supplements. You can choose from a variety of health benefits such as for immune health, heart health, and brain support.
Your blood tests can be used to ensure you are getting the right vitamins for your individual needs.
Some of Life Extension’s top-selling products are:
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC)
- Vitamin D3
- Super Selenium Complex
- FLORASSIST Immune & Nasal Defense
- Zinc Caps
- Zinc Lozenges
Below are more details on each product and their claimed benefits.
Also known as NAC, this best-selling dietary supplement helps support bronchial and respiratory health. It is said to help immune health and liver function by protecting cells from oxidative stress.
Oxidative stress happens when free radicals and antioxidants are out of balance. When oxidative stress occurs in your body it makes it harder for it to fight infection and pathogens.
The company cautions that those who supplement with NAC should drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily to prevent kidney stones. The dose is 600 milligrams a day in one capsule.
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine has been used in studies over the years to treat chronic bronchitis, virus infections, heavy toxicity and many other inflammatory illnesses.
Vitamin D3 is an essential supplement that everyone needs. This supplement helps maintain healthy bone growth and immune support. Typically your body gets natural Vitamin D from sunshine and diet, however, the amount is not always enough.
Life Extensions Vitamin D3 soft gel capsules contain 125 micrograms of Vitamin D3, extra virgin olive oil, and gelatin. They also contain medium-chain triglycerides (MCT’s), glycerin, purified water, and rosemary extract.
A study found that Vitamin D3 supplementation helps improve insulin sensitivity in individuals with impaired fasting glucose.
Super Selenium Complex
This complex supplement is made with three forms of selenium to optimize cellular health and support longevity. It helps maintain thyroid and immune function and promotes heart health, brain health, and healthy cell division. Super Selenium Complex supplements include:
- Vitamin E (as D-alpha tocopheryl succinate) 20.1 milligrams
- Selenium (L-selenomethionine) 50 milligrams
- Selenium (sodium selenite) 50 micrograms
- Selenium (Se-Methyl L-Selenocysteine) 100 micrograms
It is recommended to take one capsule with food or by the direction of your healthcare provider. A deficiency in selenium has been linked to adverse mood states.
The melatonin supplement is a best seller for the Life Extension brand. It helps support circadian rhythms, healthy and quality sleep patterns, immune health, and inhibits oxidative stress.
Your body naturally releases the hormone melatonin at night, which helps you fall asleep easier. If you take this supplement, it is advised to take one melatonin capsule 30 to 60 minutes before bedtime for optimal results.
Melatonin has shown promise in treating insomnia in children with autism disorders. This treatment was effective within one week, maintained effectiveness over several months, and had no evidence of being unsafe.
FLORASSIST Immune & Nasal Defense
FLORASSIST is a probiotic formula that supports overall immune health, targets comfortable nasal airflow, and supports the production of an immune-enhancing compound called immunoglobulin A. Immunoglobulin A plays an essential role in immune protection.
FLORASSIST contains 500 mg of EpiCor-Dried fermentate and 50 mg Lactobacillus rhamnosus within one vegetarian tablet.
Lactobacillus rhamnosus, a probiotic strain, appears to strengthen the immune defense against pathogens in the upper respiratory tract. A pathogen is a harmful chemical that can cause illness.
If you have had a cold or the flu, you have probably heard to take zinc vitamins. Zinc supports your body’s natural immune defenses. Research has shown that many people suffer from zinc deficiency, especially the elderly.
Additionally, it is said that combining zinc and vitamin D is an even better way to prevent colds and flu and is great for those with autoimmune diseases.
Just like zinc caps, zinc lozenges are also great for cold and flu season. Zinc lozenges offer powerful immune health support and promote healthy protein synthesis.
Protein synthesis is the process of our cells making protein, without protein there would be no life. Protein is essential for repairing tissue and metabolic functions.
This citrus-orange flavored lozenge contains zinc, xylitol, citric acid, maltodextrin, L-leucine, stevia extract, vegetable stearate, gum arabic, orange flavor, and rosemary extract.
Rosemary extract is an antioxidant that has anti-inflammatory benefits and neurological effects.
Life Extension Vitamins Reviews: What Do Real Users Say?
According to the brand, 98% of Life Extension supplement reviews are positive, where customers recommend using their products for family and loved ones. After reading several reviews, customers tend to highly recommend life extension products and state they are some of the best supplements available.
Here are a few customer reviews.
“I take this to boost my immunity and am thrilled to discover Life Extension. Simple to order and shipped quickly. I feel good buying. from a company that specializes in supplements.”Jill
“Great quality and fast shipping. Thanks for helping me to boost my immune system.”Sherry
“I purchased this product to be a part of my daily vitamin regimen. It was suggested to be by the medical profession. And I can attest that it works.”Cynthia
“We have tried other brands, but Life Extension is the best! Now I feel really good about taking this because of the health benefits for women!”Sandy
“I ordered enough products, so I got such a good price, and Life Extension has been around a very long time and does a lot of really very good research, so I know I am getting a good product.”Audrey
“I really didn’t think it would work as well as it did. In 10 days I was sleeping through the night even if I had consumed some liquids just before bedtime. Awesome product.”Harvey, Ultra Prostate Formula
Alternatives to Life Extension
25% Off Your First Month (Expired on May 30th): MDW25
- Third-Party Tested
- Traceable Ingredients
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- It does not offer a wide variety
- Wide selection of products
- Very affordable
- Pharmacist recommended
- Customer service only available during limited hours
- Offers money-saving subscriptions
- Available to purchase at many stores in person or online.
- Great selection for adults and kids
- Only blended vitamins are available, no individual.
Health Benefits of Life Extension
Life Extension supplements and vitamins have the possibility of offering many health benefits. They offer a wide range of health support tailored for individual needs. If you are looking for help in the following categories, then they will have something for you to purchase.
- Immune Health & Sleep
- Heart Health
- Brain, Mood & Stress
- Bones, Joints & Comfort
- Digestion & Probiotics
- Men’s & Women’s Health
Potential Side Effects
When taking any new vitamin supplement, it is essential to read the product labels to see if it has any potential risks or side effects, as well as any other ingredients that may cause an interaction.
Side effects are possible with any dietary supplement but are typically mild in most cases. It is important to note that taking other prescription medications or over-the-counter supplements may increase the risk of side effects due to potential drug-nutrient interactions.
While severe side effects are rare, it is still always essential to check with your doctor or pharmacist to know your risk before starting any new supplement.
How To Take Life Extension?
Please refer to the individual product label for dosage instructions. The dosage information will tell you how and when you should take the product. It is also essential to check if the nutritional supplement should be taken with or without food.
You usually will take one or two capsules per day of the nutritional supplement.
Life Extensions warns to keep their products out of reach of children and to not exceed recommended doses.
It is also essential to contact your physician if you take any other medical treatment or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Regardless of your medical condition, we recommend talking to your medical provider.
Where to Buy Life Extension?
Life Extension products can be found at lifeextension.com. Customer service is available seven days a week via email or phone.
You can also call and talk to a wellness specialist who can recommend which Life Extension supplements would fit best into your daily regimen.
The Life Extension brand offers reward programs and an option to join a premier membership that offers discounted rates and free shipping. This helps customers save money and time.
Also, you can find Life Extension products sold on other vitamin shops online. We recommend purchasing from the website however in order to receive the highest quality products.
Although we do not provide medical advice, we highly recommend taking a look at Life Extension products. The Life Extension website offers great service to customers, develops high-quality nutritional supplements, uses the latest research and scientific studies, and has wellness specialists available for any questions or future purchases.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, this is included in the price of labs. Life Extension will provide an order from a licensed doctor in your state through their network.
No, the products are not evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
If you are not satisfied with your products, Life Extension offers 100% satisfaction guaranteed. You have a one-year, no-hassle return policy on all products.
Life Extension has a research team and wellness specialists. They promise to use the purest products and base all ingredients on the latest research and clinical trials.
+ 9 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- Pei, Y., Liu, H., Yang, Y., Yang, Y., Jiao, Y., Tay, F.R. and Chen, J. (2018). Biological Activities and Potential Oral Applications of N-Acetylcysteine: Progress and Prospects. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, [online] 2018, pp.1–14. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5937417/ [Accessed 11 Nov. 2021].
- Nazarian, S., St. Peter, J.V., Boston, R.C., Jones, S.A. and Mariash, C.N. (2011). Vitamin D3 supplementation improves insulin sensitivity in subjects with impaired fasting glucose. Translational Research, [online] 158(5), pp.276–281. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1931524411001848 [Accessed 11 Nov. 2021].
- Rayman, M.P. (2000). The importance of selenium to human health. The Lancet, [online] 356(9225), pp.233–241. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0140673600024909 [Accessed 11 Nov. 2021].
- Malow, B., Adkins, K.W., McGrew, S.G., Wang, L., Goldman, S.E., Fawkes, D. and Burnette, C. (2011). Melatonin for Sleep in Children with Autism: A Controlled Trial Examining Dose, Tolerability, and Outcomes. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, [online] 42(8), pp.1729–1737. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22160300/ [Accessed 11 Nov. 2021].
- Woof, J.M. and Kerr, M.A. (2005). The function of immunoglobulin A in immunity. The Journal of Pathology, [online] 208(2), pp.270–282. Available at: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/path.1877 [Accessed 11 Nov. 2021].
- Cogent Food & Agriculture. (2018). Probiotic research priorities for the healthy adult population: A review on the health benefits of Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG and Bifidobacterium animalis subspecies lactis BB-12. [online] Available at: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/23311932.2018.1452839 [Accessed 11 Nov. 2021].
- Pepersack, T., Rotsaert, P., Benoit, F., Willems, D., Fuss, M., Bourdoux, P. and Duchateau, J. (2001). Prevalence of zinc deficiency and its clinical relevance among hospitalised elderly. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, [online] 33(3), pp.243–253. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0167494301001868 [Accessed 11 Nov. 2021].
- Wessels, I. and Rink, L. (2020). Micronutrients in autoimmune diseases: possible therapeutic benefits of zinc and vitamin D. The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, [online] 77, p.108240. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0955286319308332 [Accessed 11 Nov. 2021].
- Singletary, K. (2016). Rosemary. Nutrition Today, [online] 51(2), pp.102–112. Available at: https://journals.lww.com/nutritiontodayonline/Fulltext/2016/03000/Rosemary__An_Overview_of_Potential_Health_Benefits.9.aspx?casa_token=A_PKbgmcskEAAAAA:HN5L1sw4p2EiZs8UvzsWd1i6hracsn6-tQ865k_iY-YUkPDjwb5loCKi2NgchfwgBXuSQXzY1lcz5KpoNVi10I8 [Accessed 11 Nov. 2021].