In Health Canal, we are dedicated to being your most reliable ally in the quest for a healthy lifestyle. You’re in the right place if you want to learn about a health condition, dietary supplements, research medication or products, join one of our communities, or simply get recommendations for a happier, healthier life.
This privacy statement outlines four key areas:
- The type of information that HealthCanal and its partners obtain through the services.
- How HealthCanal uses this data.
- The Information gathering, storage, and sharing practices at HealthCanal.
- How we safeguard personal data.
The Information We Collect
Here are all the types of data we collect from our site visitors:
Personal data: HealthCanal collects personal information like your full name, email address, physical address, birth date, gender, zip code, marital status, and other location information. This is especially the case when you are using certain products that are unavailable everywhere. We might also gather information when you use a product or register an account.
Network activity data: This is information about how people use the internet or other electronic networks, including browsing and search histories and details about how they interact with advertisements, websites, and other content.
Financial data: This includes bank account information, debit, credit card numbers, and other financial details. We only collect this data when you purchase a product or service listed in one of our articles or on our site.
Posted data: When you submit or post content to our services, such as your user id, remarks, likes, preferences, status, images, and citations to your online persona, we may collect personal information about you.
Consumer feedback data: We may gather your name, email, and any additional content you send us if you give us feedback or get in touch with us for support so that we can respond. We have a business need to receive and respond to your feedback or problems, so the catalog and use of this data are the reasons behind this collection.
Other people’s data you give us: You might occasionally divulge details about others, such as when recommending a supplementary product to a friend to use or signing up for a newsletter. We might use this information to make our services accessible to the individuals you recommend.
Mailing list information: Your name, email address, and physical postal address are collected if you subscribe to one of our mailing lists.
Professional data: This data is regarding your profession and occupational preferences.
Mobile phone data: We will need to gather specific information about your devices, such as the operating system and user identification number, to ensure you receive the proper notifications. We also get information from your electronic and sensory devices that use sound, light, heat, smell, or something similar.
How We Use Your Information
Below are the ways we use the data we collected above:
To make material and product suggestions based on your interactions and preferences.
- To recognize you when you interact with our internet sites, services, brands, and products using cookies.
- To process purchases affiliated with your use of services for which there is a fee, including to process payments and authenticate your identity or payment details for your protection and safety.
- To fulfill orders placed through our services and with our partners and to make our services accessible to you and others.
- To convey advertising and marketing materials for our services in compliance with legal requirements, such as details about our goods, services, sales, market analysis, or promos.
- To interact with you regarding updates to our terms or your account, subscription renewals, and to answer questions regarding support, job openings, or other demands.
- To show you tailored advertisements on our services based on your internet activity. We use the data we have to enhance our advertising systems. By clicking the Cookie Settings button in the footer of each website, you can organize your preferences for individually tailored advertising.
- To keep an eye on, make improvements to, and perform analytics on our services and advertising platform product offerings.
- To check your eligibility for entering contests, freebies, or cash prizes, to confirm your entry, and to let you know if you’ve won. We will clarify that information in the relevant regulations surrounding the contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes if your entry data are utilized for other reasons.
- To enable you to participate in social sharing, which includes live social media feeds, and to enforce Social Features you elect to use.
- For internal administrative reasons, such as the security and confidentiality of our services and maintaining our interactions.
- Periodically, the program applications in our services might ask if you’d like us to keep updating you about any events or promotions we might be holding by sending you push notifications. Additionally, the apps might request your consent to access your camera and photographs.
- We also use this information to detect security breaches, conform with legal responsibilities, demonstrate or exercise our rights, protect against legal complaints, and inspect, inhibit, or take measures regarding potential misconduct.
- Protect against malevolent, dishonest, fraudulent, or unlawful behavior, such as attempts to alter or violate our policies, processes, and terms of service.
How We Protect Personal Information
HealthCanal understands that cyber security is of utmost importance. We, thereby, have stringent security measures to guard against unintentional misuse, loss, alteration, disclosure, or unauthorized access to your personal information.
We only give staff, business partners, government entities, legal teams, and service providers who have a legitimate need to know about your personal data access. They must follow our instructions and only securely handle your personal information.
HealthCanal’s security team has procedures to handle suspicious personal information breaches. We will inform you and any relevant regulator of a breach if required by law.
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
How To Contact Us?
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please send us an email at editor[@]healthcanal.com