Lipozene Reviews 2022: Does It Work For Weight Loss? Safety & Dosage
This article is reviewed by a team of registered dietitians and medical doctors with extensive, practical clinical and public health experience.
All products picked below are evaluated by our objective standards of quality and scored accordingly. Health Canal is part of an affiliate program of brands where we earn a small commission from your purchase choice.
Learn more about how we earn revenue by reading our advertise disclaimer.
- Natural Ingredients
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Good pricing
- Medically reviewed ingredients
- Effective weight loss
- Promotes overall health
- Burns fat
- Parent company: Obesity Research Institute LLC
- Founded on: 11/30/2003
- Address: 4910 Longley NV 89502-7933
- Helps with weight loss
- Medically reviewed ingredients
- Promotes good metabolism
- Burns fat
About The Brand
Lipozene reviews are many out there and the general consensus about the product is mixed but slightly leaning on the positive side. If you want to know more about Lipozene, its health benefits, and what it can do for the body then read on.
Best Alternative Choices
Gundry MD Tritrim
49% Off Exclusively With Our Above Ambassador Link
- Control food cravings
- Promote energy levels
- Help achieve a calorie deficit
- May experience diarrhea
- Cramps might occur
Ultra Omega Burn
52% Off When Buying In Bulk
- Effective weight loss result
- Reduce cravings
- Improve skin health
- Not suitable for pregnant and nursing mothers
- It may cause headaches or mood swings
- All-natural ingredients
- Help suppress appetite
- Burn fat effectively
- Caffeine content might cause insomnia
What is Lipozene?
Lipozene is a very popular brand of diet pills that contain glucomannan, a soluble fiber that you can also see in Konjac root. Now it also has other products that help with weight loss like Lipozene Metaboup plus which contains numerous medically reviewed ingredients that make taking Lipozene a good thing in the eyes of diet enthusiasts.
Does Lipozene Work?
The answer here is not as clear as day. Some customers praise Lipozene for its amazing health benefits on the gut and stomach as well as how it helps them constantly feel full. People even claim that they exercise better thanks to the product.
On the other end of the spectrum, we have people complaining that the product is a scam and that it does not burn fat as well as it advertises. In short, different people have different results. Perhaps the best way to know if it works is to try it yourself.
Lipozene Ingredients Review: How Does Lipozene Work?
|Ingredient||Amount Per Serving||Percent Daily Value|
|Amorphophallus konjac fiber||1500 mg|
Lipozene MetaboUP Plus ingredients
|Ingredient||Amount Per Serving||Percent Daily Value|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCl)||600 mcg||35%|
|Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)||15 mcg||625%|
|Total Caffeine||120 mg|
|Proprietary Blend |
Green Tea Leaf Extract (Polyphenols 50%)
Guarana Seed Extract (22% caffeine)
Kola Nut Extract (10% caffeine)
Platycodon Root Extract 10:1
Based on the claims of the manufacturer, Lipozene contains an important and powerful super fiber found in the Konjac root. This super fiber from Amorphophallus konjac is known as glucomannan and is an active ingredient in Lipozene that helps with weight loss. A study about glucomannan shows its safety as an ingredient however its effectiveness as a dietary fiber of the Konjac plant is yet to be determined accurately.
On the other hand, Lipozene MetaboUP Plus contains tons of ingredients that form a thermogenic formula that will help boost metabolism and burn fat in the body. These ingredients are all-natural and they will help you eat fewer calories
As mentioned before, Amorphophallus konjac fiber (glucomannan) is the active ingredient in Lipozene which a lot of people consider an amazing weight loss supplement. It is a water-soluble fiber and it absorbs water really well. However, a study does state that it may not be 100% effective for weight loss so do keep this in mind when trying the product out.
A study about the fiber glucomannan also states that glucomannan may be able to lower blood pressure, create a defensive lining from bacteria in the gut, and reduce triglycerides and cholesterol. Aside from this, the study also mentions that it also contains probiotics, anti-inflammatory, and anti-diabetic properties as well.
Overall, being the only ingredient in Lipozene, you are essentially taking glucomannan as a dietary fiber for reducing body weight and promoting a healthy body with little risk thanks to the absence of other ingredients.
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCl)
Vitamin B6 or Pyridoxine HCl is an important vitamin in the body that provides many benefits. Pyrodixine is a water-soluble form of vitamin B and the substance is essential for the synthesis of amino acids and other enzymatic activities. This means that it plays a big role in our body’s growth and metabolism as well. Lastly, pyridoxine also plays a role in the immune system, nervous system, and our red blood cells which mean it is also good for the blood.
Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
Lipozene MetaboUP Plus also contains vitamin B12 in the form of cyanocobalamin. Cyanocobalamin is an essential substance needed for energy production and the synthesis of both DNA and RNA. It also plays a role in the metabolism of protein which makes it a good ingredient as a supplement for a healthy body especially if you plan to lose weight.
Green Tea Leaf Extract
One of the biggest reasons why you should be taking Lipozene MetaboUP plus is that it does not just help you lose weight and maintain a healthy body but it also contains ingredients that have other medical benefits.
A good example of this would be green tea. Green tea has numerous benefits and is known to help the body in numerous ways, from helping us lose weight to improving the cardiovascular system by helping lower blood pressure, which could help in the prevention of heart disease.
Guarana Seed Extract
The guarana seed extract is another amazing ingredient that makes taking Lipozene MetaboUP a good idea. This supplement is good for your health and it helps you lose fat. A study about the effects of guarana states that the supplement is effective when it comes to controlling body weight. This is because guarana contains numerous bioactive compounds that help the body fight obesity, as well as hypertension.
Aside from this, guarana has other health benefits, and peer-reviewed studies support these benefits. One study in particular states that the supplement contains anti-aging effects as well.
Another study also supports guarana’s potential in helping with Huntington’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease. However, it may not be 100% effective on humans since this study was focused on its effect on the nematode model Caenorhabditis elegans.
Overall, adding guarana seed extract as an ingredient in your weight loss supplements is a big plus. Not only will it help you lose weight and keep a healthy figure, but it may also offer other positives for the body that can help you in the long run.
Just like green tea, oolong tea is also effective when it comes to weight loss. The reason for this is that oolong tea is a form of Chinese fermented tea and a lot of people believe that you will have a better chance to lose weight thanks to its strong weight loss properties.
A study about oxidized tea polyphenols, praises them for their ability to help with weight loss, especially on teas like oolong tea and black tea. Additionally, another study states that aged oolong tea is not just good for weight loss but it also helps in keeping you lean and healthy by regulating your AMPK signaling pathway.
Kola Nut Extract
Based on the Encyclopedia of Food and Health, the kola nut is a member of the Cacao family, and it is usually used as a stimulant thanks to its caffeine content. This makes Lipozene an effective supplement for weight loss, especially if you plan to exercise. The kola nut extract will give you the energy you need to exercise and finish those tedious sets.
Aside from this, a recent study about kola nut extract shows that it has potential beyond just a weight loss supplement. The kola nut has chemopreventive properties through the androgen receptor-mediated pathways. Simply put, kola nuts may help modulate prostate cancer cells which is an added benefit that you would get from a supplement advertised for weight loss.
Capsicum annuum L., better known as cayenne pepper, is a popular substance that has a lot of potential not just for weight loss but also as an active ingredient for keeping pain at bay. According to the University of Rochester Medical Center, cayenne is a chili pepper extract that also works to relieve pain, which makes it a good analgesic.
Now the reason is simple as to why cayenne is included in the ingredients of diet pills like glucomannan. A review about chili pepper extract shows that cayenne also plays a role in metabolic syndrome as well. This includes its anti-obesity, anti-diabetic, and lipid-lowering properties.
Another study also shows that just like glucomannan, cayenne also helps the cardiovascular system. Glucomannan may help with lowering blood pressure similar to cayenne by blunting the rise in blood pressure. However, this study was aimed at rats, so you really cannot tell if this applies 100% to humans as well.
Platycodon Root Extract
Lipozene contains platycodon root extract derived from Platycodon grandiflorus. A study about the plant states that Platycodon grandiflorus has several possible benefits when it comes to its properties as a supplement. The plant contains numerous proteins, vitamins, and amino acids that can enhance one’s diet. Additionally, it has pharmacological uses that may help fight against respiratory diseases, promote circulation, enhance digestion, which is good for the stomach and constipation, and lastly, it is even said to reduce blood pressure.
Last but not least we have caffeine. If you take a look at Lipozene’s ingredients, you will notice that it contains about 120 mg of caffeine per pill which is a decent amount. Aside from the energy boost that we know we get from caffeine, it also helps us when it comes to weight loss.
According to Harvard, drinking four cups of coffee per day will help with moderate weight loss. This goes to show that the moderate amount of caffeine present in lipozene can be a big help. Of course, this is not the only study backing this up, as another review concluded that caffeine might play a role in BMI reduction.
Health Benefits of Lipozene
Now when it comes to the health benefits of Lipozene, the brand itself has a lot of claims. Now whether these claims are true or not will depend on the person. But here are the health benefits that the brand claims it gives:
- Reduces cholesterol
- Helps digest food better
- Feels fuller
- Lowers blood pressure
- Lowers glucose levels
- Helps reduce fats in the body
We have compiled all the research regarding what the ingredients in the brand bring to the table down below.
Potential Side Effects
You only have to worry about Amorphophallus konjac or glucomannan, the main ingredients in Lipozene diet pills. According to the FDA, glucomannan is usually found in the root of the elephant yam or the konjac plant.
Glucomannan is being petitioned as a dietary fiber and the FDA is considering it. Now when it comes to side effects, the FDA is not too concerned because it is not very severe.
However, research from a study does show some side effects you have to be wary of. You might experience things like:
- Upset Stomach
Additionally, Lipozene’s other product, Lipozene MetaboUP Plus, contains numerous ingredients ranging from caffeine to green tea extracts. It is best to consult and get medical advice from a doctor before taking thermogenic supplements like these since they might bring you dietary problems and can be quite risky.
- Good product development
- High-quality ingredients
- Affordable price
- Helps with gut and stomach
- Reduces calories and burns fat
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Some customers claim misleading advertising practices
- Website lacks information
How to use Lipozene & Dosage
According to their main website, it advises that users planning to take Lipozene as a dietary supplement should take a maximum of 3 capsules per day, and take 2 capsules 30 minutes before the last meal. However, they also state that the maximum dosage you can take for optimal results would be taking the capsules 6 times a day and it works extremely well when you feel full.
Lipozene Diet Pills Review: What Do Real Users Say?
A good review should also include consumer insights, as that is the best way to tell if a product is trustworthy or not. With this being said, we have compiled some customer reviews about people taking glucomannan, taking lipozene, as well as other products of the brand.
5 Star Review
“They May not Taste the Best nor are they the easiest to swallow. But this is BY FAR The BEST Dietary Supplement EVA!! You DON’T have to stop daily activities (but VERY MUCH, HELP w WORKOUTS & SMALLER MEALS). Frequent visits to the washroom. But that’s how you will know it’s working on you(as wanted).”Jennifer Thomas
4 Star Review
“The pill is large but goes down easily. Seems to be working, but slowly. However, took a while to gain weight, so I guess I need to be patient. I’ve lost about 6 lbs so far.”John from Belvidere, NJ
3 Star Review
“Doesn’t seem to do as advertised. Disappointed in the TV ad. False statements made by TV actors. Wish just once advertisers would tell the truth about their products. And stop lying about what products can do.”Robyn Phillips-Simons
Where to buy Lipozene?
Lipozene is a well-known product, which means that it can be bought either online or offline. You will probably see the brand if you visit your local health shop. Their products can also be seen on Amazon and that is where you will get the most information and insight about it since you will not see a lot of personalized ads and the customer reviews are really helpful.
Of course, they also have their main website which is very helpful and informative. You also do not have to worry about losing personal data since the website itself is very secure. Sadly it only gives answers on their FAQ section which is a little bit of a letdown.
Final thought: Should You Buy It?
To conclude, we have generally the same outlook as other Lipozene reviews and Lipozene MetaboUp Plus reviews. It is an amazing weight loss product that generally receives positive reviews online. The pills mainly contain the soluble fiber glucomannan which greatly reduces the risk of side effects.
Its other product Lipozene MetaboUP Plus is filled with amazing ingredients that do not just help you lose weight but also may promote other health benefits like reducing the risk of heart disease. Overall, we can say that Lipozene is a good product and it is at least worth the try.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it does. A lot of customer reviews and testimonials show that the product does work.
The main product Lipozene contains only glucomannan soluble fiber as an ingredient which greatly reduces the risk of side effects.
We can recommend Lipozene. However, different people often get different results on the pills they are takings so keep this in mind when taking Lipozene.
There are many strong and effective weight loss pills out there but if you are looking only at the results, then Qsymia is a good choice.
+ 22 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- Keithley, J.K., Swanson, B., Mikolaitis, S.L., DeMeo, M., Zeller, J.M., Fogg, L. & Adamji, J. (2013). Safety and Efficacy of Glucomannan for Weight Loss in Overweight and Moderately Obese Adults. Journal of Obesity, [online] 2013, pp.1–7. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3892933/
- Devaraj, R.D., Reddy, C.K. & Xu, B. (2019). Health-promoting effects of konjac glucomannan and its practical applications: A critical review. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, [online] 126, pp.273–281. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30586587/
- PubChem (2021). Pyridoxine hydrochloride. [online] @pubchem. Available at: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Pyridoxine-hydrochloride
- PubChem (2021). Cyanocobalamin. [online] @pubchem. Available at: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Cyanocobalamin
- Chacko, S.M., Thambi, P.T., Kuttan, R. & Nishigaki, I. (2010). Beneficial effects of green tea: A literature review. Chinese Medicine, [online] 5(1), p.13. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2855614/
- Guarana (Paullinia cupana) Stimulates Mitochondrial Biogenesis in Mice Fed High-Fat Diet. (2018). Nutrients, [online] 10(2), p.165. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5852741/
- Arantes, L.P., Machado, M.L., Zamberlan, D.C., da Silveira, T.L., da Silva, T.C., da Cruz, I.B.M., Ribeiro, E.E., Aschner, M. & Soares, F.A.A. (2018). Mechanisms involved in anti-aging effects of guarana (Paullinia cupana) in Caenorhabditis elegans. Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research, [online] 51(9). Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6040867/
- Boasquívis, P.F., Silva, G.M.M., Paiva, F.A., Cavalcanti, R.M., Nunez, C.V. & de Paula Oliveira, R. (2018). Guarana (Paullinia cupana) Extract Protects Caenorhabditis elegans Models for Alzheimer Disease and Huntington Disease through Activation of Antioxidant and Protein Degradation Pathways. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, [online] 2018, pp.1–16. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6079341/
- Rothenberg, D., Zhou, C. & Zhang, L. (2018). A Review on the Weight-Loss Effects of Oxidized Tea Polyphenols. Molecules, [online] 23(5), p.1176. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6099746/
- Yuan, E., Duan, X., Xiang, L., Ren, J., Lai, X., Li, Q., Sun, L. & Sun, S. (2018). Aged Oolong Tea Reduces High-Fat Diet-Induced Fat Accumulation and Dyslipidemia by Regulating the AMPK/ACC Signaling Pathway. Nutrients, [online] 10(2), p.187. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5852763/
- Sciencedirect.com. (2016). Encyclopedia of Food and Health | ScienceDirect. [online] Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/referencework/9780123849533/encyclopedia-of-food-and-health
- Solipuram, R., Koppula, S., Hurst, A., Harris, K., Naragoni, S., Fontenot, K. & Gray, W. (2009). Molecular and Biochemical Effects of a Kola Nut Extract on Androgen Receptor-Mediated Pathways. Journal of Toxicology, [online] 2009, pp.1–16. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2811344/
- Rochester.edu. (2021). Cayenne – Health Encyclopedia – University of Rochester Medical Center. [online] Available at: https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?contenttypeid=19&contentid=Cayenne
- Sanati, S., Razavi, B.M. & Hosseinzadeh, H. (2018). A review of the effects of Capsicum annuum L. and its constituent, capsaicin, in metabolic syndrome. Iranian journal of basic medical sciences, [online] 21(5), pp.439–448. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6000222/
- McCarty, M.F., DiNicolantonio, J.J. & O’Keefe, J.H. (2015). Capsaicin may have important potential for promoting vascular and metabolic health: Table 1. Open Heart, [online] 2(1), p.e000262. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4477151/
- Ji, M.-Y., Bo, A., Yang, M., Xu, J.-F., Jiang, L.-L., Zhou, B.-C. & Li, M.-H. (2020). The Pharmacological Effects and Health Benefits of Platycodon grandiflorus—A Medicine Food Homology Species. Foods, [online] 9(2), p.142. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7073691/
- News. (2020). Four cups of coffee a day associated with modest loss of body fat. [online] Available at: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/four-cups-of-coffee-modest-loss-of-body-fat/
- Tabrizi, R., Saneei, P., Lankarani, K.B., Akbari, M., Kolahdooz, F., Esmaillzadeh, A., Nadi-Ravandi, S., Mazoochi, M. & Asemi, Z. (2018). The effects of caffeine intake on weight loss: a systematic review and dos-response meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, [online] 59(16), pp.2688–2696. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30335479/
- Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (2020). FDA Grants Citizen Petition on Glucomannan as a Dietary Fiber. [online] U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Available at: https://www.fda.gov/food/cfsan-constituent-updates/fda-grants-citizen-petition-glucomannan-dietary-fiber
- Keithley, J.K., Swanson, B., Mikolaitis, S.L., DeMeo, M., Zeller, J.M., Fogg, L. & Adamji, J. (2013). Safety and Efficacy of Glucomannan for Weight Loss in Overweight and Moderately Obese Adults. Journal of Obesity, [online] 2013, pp.1–7. Available at: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jobe/2013/610908/