Ritual Vitamins Review 2023: Is It Essential Multivitamins?
All articles are produced independently. When you click our links for purchasing products, we earn an affiliate commission. Learn more about how we earn revenue by reading our advertise disclaimer.
- Supports long-term health and wellness
- Vegan, non-GMO, soy-free, and gluten-free
- Perfect for individuals with dietary restrictions
- Made with 100% natural ingredients
- Backed by scientific research
- Comes in a variety of flavors
- Makes vegan-friendly products
- Founded in 2015
- Started by Katerina Schneider
- Based in Los Angeles, California
- Operates in the USA
- Optimizes energy levels
- Enhances better sleep
- Reduces stress levels
- Promotes long-term health and wellness
25% Off Your First Month (Expired on May 30th): MDW25
About Ritual Vitamins
Ritual is a health and wellness company offering high-quality vitamins and supplements. It was founded by Katerina Schneider in 2015 when she was searching for the best prenatal multivitamin during her pregnancy. Working closely with a scientific advisory board, she developed a supplement that would cater to women, men, and children.
Ritual multivitamins are some of the best on the market. The ingredients used are naturally extracted, clean, and traceable from their point of origin, so you can be sure you’re getting the most out of your vitamins. Ritual vitamins support immune/heart health, boost energy, reduce fatigue, and improve mood. They also feature a delayed-release capsule mechanism which makes it possible to swallow the pills even on an empty stomach.
Ritual vitamins are an excellent choice if you’re looking for a quality multivitamin that will help support your health and wellness goals.
- The products are vegan, non-GMO, soy-free, gluten-free, and allergen-free.
- All products are third-party tested.
- They feature a fresh minty flavor.
- Vitamins can be consumed on an empty stomach because of the delayed-release capsule feature.
- They offer excellent customer service.
- The ingredients used are 100% natural.
- Requires an active subscription.
Top Ritual Products In November 2023
- United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Verified
- Mint or citrus flavored
Best For Women Who Are Pregnant Or Trying To Become Pregnant
- Provides essential nutrients to support a healthy pregnancy
- Includes DHA
Best Protein Shake
- 20 grams of protein per serving
- Informed-Sport Certified
Best For Gut Health
- Includes prebiotics, probiotics, and postbiotics
- Contains 11 billion colony-forming units (CFUs)
Who Should Use Ritual Vitamins?
Ritual vitamins are an excellent option for anyone looking for a high-quality, vegan, non-GMO, soy-free, and gluten-free multivitamin. They’re perfect for those with dietary restrictions or just looking to improve their overall health and wellness.
As mentioned earlier, Ritual Vitamins products have been designed to cater to these classes of individuals:
- Women (prenatal, postnatal, essential for women 18+, essential for women 50+).
- Men (essential for men 18+, essential for men 50+).
- Kids (essential for kids 4+).
- Teens (in both “his” and “hers” versions).
Best Ritual Products Reviews 2023
Ritual Essential Prenatal Multivitamin
This is an Essential multivitamin supplement formulated for women trying to get pregnant and ones who are pregnant. Similar to other Ritual supplements on the roster, this prenatal multivitamin operates under a subscription service.
- Improves mood and reduces fatigue
- Offers varied benefits in each trimester
- Helps to facilitate the growth and development of newly formed organs and tissues
- Provides essential nutrients for mother and child in preparation for birth
- It may be pricier than other similar products
It’s recommended to start taking Ritual prenatal vitamins around three months before conception, mainly due to the folic acid content, which reduces neural tube defects. It contains 12 key ingredients (all traceable) that support a healthy pregnancy. Each component works to combat nutritional inadequacy of which you may not be aware.
The health benefits of prenatal vitamins include supporting the baby’s bone and tooth development, promoting normal neural tube formation, and enhancing blood and other cell building.
All ingredients used are vegan-friendly, non-GMO, gluten-free, and allergen-free. As a bonus for pregnant women who may be experiencing nausea, it has a fresh lemon/minty flavor to ease swallowing.
Despite its costly nature, Prenatal multivitamin is a justifiable way to ensure your nutritional needs during pregnancy.
Ritual Essential for Women 18+
This specific category is formulated for women between the ages of 18 and 49. Ritual’s Essential for women works to fill nutritional gaps in your diet and improve your health. Similar to how other vitamins work, the more consistently you take them, the sooner you notice gradual improvements in your overall health.
- Stabilizes energy levels
- Supports bone health and calcium utilization
- Supports red blood cell formation
- Helps maintain tissue structure
- Shipping is only available in the US
At $33 a month, you get a product that helps boost energy and supports immunity. Additionally, Essential for Women 18+ also promotes red blood cell formation, which is important for women in this age group due to their menstrual cycles; it strengthens bone health, utilizes calcium optimally, and facilitates a healthy aging process by maintaining tissue structure.
Ritual’s mantra is “The future of health is clear.” They adhere to that by ensuring the ingredients used to formulate their vitamins are clean, naturally sourced, and free of synthetics.
The vitamins are packed in a bottle containing 60 capsules. Each capsule comprises nine traceable ingredients. Daily consumption is geared toward a healthy aging process.
Ritual Essential for Men 18+
Ritual Essential for Men 18+ is a vitamin that has been formulated to specifically address the dietary gaps for men between the ages of 18-49. This product was created with an appreciation for the contrasting needs and biological makeup between men and women.
- Small, easy to swallow
- Boosts immunity
- Optimizes heart health
- Improves brain functionality
- Supports muscle formation
- Needs an active subscription
As such, you will notice differences in quantities of some ingredients compared to their feminine-based counterparts. For example, Essential for Men 18+ contains a higher dosage of zinc and vitamin A.
Consistent intake of Ritual Essential for Men 18+ also leads to noticeable positive health changes such as increased energy, strengthened muscles, healthy heart and bones, and stronger immunity.
The recommended dosage is two capsules a day. Like other Ritual products, it comes in well-designed, transparent, minty-flavored capsules. Overall, Essential for Men 18+ ensures that you get a noticeable health value for your money since it fills in most of your dietary gaps.
Essential for Kids 4+
Ritual Essential for Kids 4+ is designed to meet the needs of children aged 4 years and older. Since it’s made for kids, it offers a choice of lemon, raspberry, and monk fruit flavors to make it more appealing to your child’s taste buds. It also contains zero sugars and has a gummy essence to it.
- Enhances brain and bone health
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Contains 15 primary nutrients
- Not personalized
At $33 a month, you enjoy a bottle of Essential for Kids 4+ with 90 capsules. Each capsule contains 12 traceable vital ingredients. The recommended dosage is three gummies per day.
Ritual Essential for Kids contains zinc, vitamin D3, and Vitamin C, which boosts immunity; choline and omega-3 fatty acids, which aid in brain health; and Vitamin D and K to facilitate bone formation.
Essential for Kids 4+ is your best bet as a parent since the gummies are free from contaminants and are third-party tested. Add on the gummy design and different flavors to choose from, and you have the perfect multivitamin solution for your young one!
Essential for Teens (His)
We recommend Essential Prenatal Multivitamin since it contains 12 critical nutrients that support a pregnant mother’s body, her developing baby, and maternal-baby interaction.
- Vegan friendly
- Allergen free
- Zero synthetic fillers
- Made with nine traceable ingredients
- More expensive compared to other brands
Ritual Essential for Teens (His) is tailor-made to cater to the needs of adolescent boys between the ages of 13 and 17. With a medical board overlooking their research, Ritual formulated a multivitamin capsule for teens that contains nine main vitamins.
These include vitamin D, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin B12, vitamin K2, folate, omega 3, magnesium, and zinc. The ingredients mentioned above are all traceable. Some of the benefits of Essential for Teens include enhancing muscle function, supporting bone/brain health, enhancing muscle foundation, and boosting immunity.
Each bottle of Essential for Teens (His) contains 60 capsules (all gluten- and allergen-free).
The recommended dosage of Essential for Teens is two capsules per day. At the same rate of $33 a month, parents can ensure their teens are prioritizing a balanced diet.
Are Ritual Vitamins “Essential”?
“Essential” vitamins and nutrients (i.e., essential, meaning necessary, for the human body) are included in Ritual formulations. Thus, Ritual Vitamins are “essential” multivitamin supplements.
What I Like About Ritual Vitamins
- Easy to swallow: Some people find it difficult to swallow large pills. The best thing about Ritual pills is the minty taste that makes them relatively easy to swallow, added to the fact that they’re not nearly as big compared to most multivitamins.
- You can take them on an empty stomach: Most other vitamins leave you with an uncomfortable feeling when you take them without food. It’s totally fine if you want to take these supplements on an empty stomach. The ideal time for this would be first thing in the morning. Ritual vitamins utilize a delayed-release capsule that prevents nausea. If you have a sensitive stomach, you’ll appreciate this feature!
- Vegan-friendly: Ritual vitamins are perfect for consumers who follow a strict vegan diet. While the pill and its ingredients are vegan-friendly, you don’t need to be vegan to consume them.
- Science-backed ingredients: Ritual keeps a Scientific Advisory Board that guides their clinical research and product innovations. The team also ran a clinical study on their Essential Vitamin for Women supplement to prove several results.
- 100% natural ingredients: All the ingredients incorporated into each Ritual Vitamin product hail from the purest sources. What’s more, you can literally pinpoint where each nutrient comes from on Ritual’s official website. For example, vitamin K2 is sourced from Oslo, Norway, and Vitamin D content is sourced from Nottingham, UK.
- Allergen-free: Ritual vitamins are void of the nine key allergens. If you have unusual allergens, reference the product’s ingredient list before consumption.
- Gluten-free: Anyone who follows a gluten-free diet can consume a Ritual Vitamins product knowing they’re gluten-free.
- It contains zero fillers or artificial colorants: All Ritual Vitamins are natural. You enjoy all the health benefits without worrying about any artificial ingredients.
- Exceptional customer service: Ritual Vitamins is dedicated to ensuring you get the best experience from using their products. Their customer service team responds fast to your questions and makes their customers their number 1 priority.
- Unique taste: Most multivitamins in today’s market have a bitter, metallic taste that makes it uncomfortable to incorporate into your daily diet. On the other hand, Ritual vitamins leave a minty flavor that lingers long after you consume them.
- Non-GMO: All Ritual Vitamin products do not contain genetically modified ingredients (GMO).
Alternatives To Ritual
15% Off Coupon: HEALTHCANAL
- Gluten-free, Non-GMO, and Vegan-friendly
- Clinically proven
- Consumable with any diet
- Zero steroids or any other artificial enhancers
- May take about 2 to 6 months before results become visible.
- Personalized vitamins to suit individual needs
- Offers a wide variety of vegan alternatives
- Provides access to an expert medical team for questions
- Expensive compared to other brands.
- Offers an honest and transparent policy
- The packaging is aesthetically pleasing
- Has plenty of positive user reviews
- Provides Non-GMO, vegetarian, and gluten-free alternatives
- Relatively hard to swallow
Ritual multivitamins are some of the best on the market. They’re made with only the highest-quality ingredients, so you can rest assured you’re getting the most out of your vitamins. Plus, they’re backed by scientific research, so you can be confident they’re effective. If you’re looking for a quality multivitamin that will help support your health and wellness goals, Ritual is a great choice.
The steps taken by Ritual and their team of experts to create supplements that fill the dietary gaps throughout the different life stages are commendable. They also include the nutrients/vitamins not always present in other products, another reason why it’s considered the best in the market.
Adding multivitamins to your daily routine will improve your overall health and keep your physiological performance at optimal levels. In that light, take advantage of Ritual and all the products it has to offer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ritual vitamins are an excellent option for anyone looking for a high-quality, science-backed multivitamin. While they are on the pricier side, you definitely get what you pay for with their quality ingredients, research-backed formulas, and allergen-, synthetic, and gluten-free formulations. So if you’re looking for a quality supplement to support your health, Ritual is a great option.
There is no right or wrong answer to this question, as everyone’s needs will differ. However, Ritual does make a prenatal vitamin that is a good option for pregnant women. Contact your doctor to discuss what might be the best prenatal supplement for you.
Ritual makes a weight management supplement to help you reach your goals faster. Contact your doctor to discuss what might be the best weight management supplement for you.
Ritual vitamins are not FDA-approved, as they are considered a supplement and not medication. However, their products are backed by scientific research and made with only the highest-quality ingredients.
Ritual’s vitamins are designed to support your long-term health and wellness. However, if you have any specific questions about how their products might work for you, we recommend contacting their customer service team.
Ritual’s vitamins are free of artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners. Their products are also NON-GMO, vegan, soy-free, and gluten-free.
+ 4 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- Bestwick, J.P., Huttly, W.J., Morris, J.K. and Wald, N.J. (2014). Prevention of Neural Tube Defects: A Cross-Sectional Study of the Uptake of Folic Acid Supplementation in Nearly Half a Million Women. PLoS ONE, [online] 9(2), p.e89354. Available at: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0089354#:~:text=In%201991%20the%20results%20of,estimated%2072%25%20%5B1%5D.
- Carr, A. and Maggini, S. (2017). Vitamin C and Immune Function. Nutrients, [online] 9(11), p.1211. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC5707683/
- Dyall, S.C. (2015). Long-chain omega-3 fatty acids and the brain: a review of the independent and shared effects of EPA, DPA and DHA. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, [online] 7. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC4404917/
- Medlineplus.gov. (2020). Vitamins: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia. [online] Available at: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002399.htm.