The article is a subjective view on this topic written by writers specializing in medical writing.
It may reflect on a personal journey surrounding struggles with an illness or medical condition, involve product comparisons, diet considerations, or other health-related opinions.
Although the view is entirely that of the writer, it is based on academic experiences and scientific research they have conducted; it is fact-checked by a team of degreed medical experts, and validated by sources attached to the article.
The numbers in parenthesis (1,2,3) will take you to clickable links to related scientific papers.
Best Fat Burner For Men 2023: Top 7 Fat Burning Pills To Lose Weight
All articles are produced independently. When you click our links for purchasing products, we earn an affiliate commission. Learn more about how we earn revenue by reading our advertise disclaimer.
- Has all-natural ingredients
- Features no artificial sweeteners
- Impressive at curbing appetite
- The product has impressive quality
- The ingredients have no adverse side effects
- Some feel the caffeine is too much
- 100% Natural Ingredients
- Max strength formula for fast, effective weight loss
- 100-day Money Back Guarantee
Whether you’re a fitness enthusiast or just looking to shed extra pounds, getting in shape and burning excess fat is becoming increasingly important to men.
We all know the risks of being overweight, and with an uneven work-life balance, it’s hard to find the time to cook well and work out often – which is usually why the pounds sometimes creep up without being noticed.
That’s where fat burners come into play. The market is seeing a huge demand for men wanting to boost their energy levels, increase their metabolism, and burn body fat more efficiently. But with so many products on the market, it’s hard to know which brands to trust.
So we compiled a list focusing on the best fat burner for men, formulated with natural ingredients backed by scientific research. Read on to pick the best fat burner for you.
How Does A Fat Burner Work?
Fat burners are quite popular right now among those who want to lose weight. That is why some would want to understand how fat burners work exactly to induce fat burning in a guy.
Fat burners contain fat-burning ingredients that will increase metabolism, burn fat, curb appetite, and eventually promote weight loss. So, by the time you have the body mass, you have always wanted, there are several processes the body has to go through to make it possible.
Fat burners are categorized based on the various processes they induce in the body and eventually lead to weight loss. The major categories are thermogenesis, lipolysis, and appetite suppressants.
Thermogenesis is simply the production of heat and energy in the body. So, thermogenesis fat-burning ingredients will help improve your metabolism, which in turn means burning more body fat.
Lipolysis is when a fat burner has ingredients that break down fat or lipids. This is when the fat cells can now be used to generate more energy the body needs.
Appetite suppression is vital if you want to lose weight. That is how some fat burners also work. They would make you feel fuller for longer so that the body can continue burning more body fat and help you lose weight. Eating all the time is not something you want when you hope to lose weight.
Best Fat Burner & Weight Loss Pills For Men 2023
Men can now enjoy using a product with proven weight loss support ingredients. That is why this product is always among the best fat burners for men. The best part is that all its ingredients are geared towards fat burning.
- It is a gluten-free product
- It has safe and proven ingredients
- Some feel hazy after using it
- It contains high stimulant levels
Best thermogenic fat burners such as PhenQ have continued the tradition of using proven ingredients in the weight loss sector. Sometimes there is no point in changing something that is already working.
Talking of the best ingredients that work, some of those in the product are forskolin, Garcinia cambogia, green coffee bean extract, green tea leaf extract, raspberry ketones, and olive leaf extract.
When combined, all these ingredients can have benefits such as increased metabolism, fat burning, more energy, and so much more. Each of the ingredients mentioned above will somehow be a fat burner.
It is not just about burning as some of the ingredients, such as green coffee bean extract, contain antioxidants. We all know how antioxidants are vital for neutralizing the free radicals in the body. Also, olive leaf extract can be an effective anti-inflammatory supplement.
As you can see, the product is still good for your health in addition to weight loss. It is why more people would use it in their diet.
When you can experience improved thermogenesis, then you are likely to lose more weight. That is how the product works. In addition, it has only effective ingredients. This reduces the chances of being exposed to some allergic reactions when using the product.
- The product has impressive quality
- The ingredients have no adverse side effects
- Some feel the caffeine is too much
- Dehydration is possible after using the product
This product is among the best fat burners for men thanks to its different approach to fat burning. The product formula helps the body to burn its fat through fatty acid synthase inhibitors. As a result, this fat-loss supplement will prevent the storage of calories in the body, leading to more body fat.
So long as you burn more calories through increased metabolism, you can expect to experience weight loss over time. Also, the supplement will curb your appetite so that you do not keep eating when you are trying to burn through the stored calories.
The product contains caffeine. As much as not everyone likes this stimulant, it is vital for improving the thermogenesis process in the body. It is why men who use it can get more energy and improve their health when more fat is burned through this process.
The green tea extract is probably the most notable fat-burning ingredient in this product. It is vital for mobilizing the fats and further aiding in the fat-burning process.
PhenGold increases your metabolism while also suppressing your cravings, all of which help your body’s natural fat-burning capacities. The formula is simple and has the exact balance of ingredients needed to kick-start any man’s body’s fat-burning process as soon as you start working out.
- It comprises ingredients that have undergone clinical testing.
- There are no hidden ingredients because it’s a non-proprietary blend.
- This product has no artificial additions, preservatives, or colors.
- It’s free of GMOs and other artificial ingredients.
- It’s a relatively expensive vegan fat-burning supplement.
The following ingredients make the organic vegan body fat burner for men one of the best in the industry today:
B vitamins, B12, B3, and B6 are essential for a balanced metabolic rate, fat and glucose absorption, and fat synthesis.
Caffeine is a stimulant that raises core body temperature and hence boosts the body’s ability to eliminate calories.
Capsaicin, found in cayenne pepper, aids in nutritional uptake and metabolism.
Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) is a nootropic drug that aids in emotion, cognition, and general brain activity. It contains skin-anti-aging benefits as well.
Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG) is a fat-burning chemical found in green tea. EGCG greatly helps body fat oxidation, fatty acid breakdown, and glucose application. You could get to the fat and metabolize it faster if your glucose levels are reduced quickly.
L-Theanine can help with weight loss by altering glucose, lipid, and protein metabolic activity. These compounds have anti-obesity qualities, but they aren’t a magic bullet; you still need to eat a healthy diet.
Rhodiola rosea has been demonstrated to break down subcutaneous fat when combined with exercise. It can also aid in calorie burning by reducing exhaustion, and it increases your work output while also increasing your calorie burn during exercise.
Instant Knockout is loved for its natural ingredients that some other fat burners might lack. In addition to the common ingredients other fat burners might have, this one also has vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B6, vitamin B12, zinc, and chromium. This makes the product more effective.
- Impressive at curbing appetite
- It has natural ingredients
- It is pricey
- It cannot be bought on Amazon
Instant Knockout from Roar Ambition is probably the most sought-after fat burner in the market. It stands out from other fat burners because of its efficacy. Many people who have used it before have many positive things to say about its overall performance.
The manufacturer includes multiple ingredients in the product to aid with fat burning in the body. Such ingredients include great tea extract, green coffee beans, cayenne pepper, caffeine anhydrous, glucomannan, and more.
The best part about these ingredients is that they are all-natural. So, other than helping you lose weight, the product would be safe to use overall.
Instant Knockout initiates several processes in the body that ultimately lead to weight loss. This includes increased metabolism of the body fat, boosting energy levels, increasing amino acids in the body, curbing your appetite, and more. As you can see, you can have a faster weight loss than when using some other fat burners for men.
Ultra Omega Burn is a dietary supplement that initiates weight loss. The supplement company offers consumers wishing to shed pounds with supplement pills, step-by-step directions, and other educational material on their site as a weight reduction program.
- It may help with appetite management since you feel full longer.
- It increases your energy levels.
- It enhances skin elasticity and hydration.
- It may help fight skin issues like acne, wrinkles, and dryness since it adds collagen.
- It may help control blood sugar.
- Some people have reported stomach discomfort while taking the tablets.
- It is on the upper end of the price scale.
The ingredients in this supplement are listed below:
Palmitoleate (Omega-7 fatty acid) is a monounsaturated fatty acid. Its benefits include weight loss, wellness, and even beauty. It may help you feel filled and content faster, reducing your appetite and risk of overeating. The omega-7 fatty acids in this supplement may help men and women both lose weight and maintain healthy blood pressure, among other health benefits.
Glycerine: is a terrific component with many benefits for your skin. The glycerin in this supplement may help moisturize your skin, and glycerine may also help treat acne and dandruff.
Gelatin: This ingredient is a biopolymer that has been utilized in food, medicine, pharmaceuticals, beauty products, and personal care items. Bovine and porcine gelatin are also sources of gelatin. Ingesting gelatin may help relieve joint and bone discomfort.
Purified water: Distilled water has several purposes than quenching thirst. It may aid your body by filtering and purifying your blood. Distilled water may also aid in weight loss by detoxifying excess fat accumulated in the body.
Burn Lab Pro Fat Burner
Burn Lab Pro meets some of the strict weight loss supplement guidelines to help you use a product that works. Since it lacks stimulants, it can be a great choice for those who do not like caffeine in their diet.
- The product boosts metabolism
- Its ingredients are natural
- HMB can cause some reactions
- Some users experience stomach upset
Burn Lab Pro is another common choice among the best fat burners. This is a dietary weight loss supplement that can aid with fat burning through the increase of the thermogenesis process. This is where the cells can create energy by burning more calories and increasing other fat-burning processes.
Unlike the other fat burners in the market, this one does not come with caffeine or any other stimulant. It simply features top-quality ingredients such as Forslean, BioPerine, Capsimax, and HMB, which is an amino acid that helps to burn more fat.
These ingredients are generally good at increasing your metabolism and curbing your appetite. When these two processes are initiated, you can burn more body fat.
You may also want to include an improved diet if you hope to achieve the best weight loss. You do not have to rely on weight loss supplements only.
Since the product is made in FDA-approved and cGMP-compliant facilities, you can be sure it is a safe supplement to use for your weight loss journey.
Natural Ingredients In Fat-Burning Supplements For Men
Each time you want to buy a weight loss product, the first step is to check its ingredients. It is from the ingredients that you would know if the product is safe or not.
Some ingredients can be common in different fat-burning supplements. This is because they are proven effective. Those are some of the ingredients we look at below. Let us see what they are all about.
When you look at the fat burner ingredient list, you can expect to see Garcinia Cambogia. This is because the ingredient effectively initiates different processes to ensure that the body can lose weight.
Fat burners for men would have caffeine among its ingredients. This is the same caffeine you would find in coffee beans, cocoa beans, or green tea.
Caffeine is among the ingredients in fat burner supplements because it can help in boosting your metabolism. As a result, your body can also burn more fat in the process.
Several studies show how caffeine can be a good booster of metabolism. The boost can be as high as 16%. It is why some men would always include it as part of their diet.
Just make sure you do not overdo it, as you may become more tolerant to caffeine effects.
Green Tea Extract
Green tea extract is also another top choice as an ingredient in fat burners. This is because it will be great for curbing the appetite, raising calories, and improving fat metabolism. As you can see, green tea leaf extract will be a great choice for improving your health.
Curbing your appetite is one of the reasons green tea leaf extract gets all the points. This is because you will not consume as many calories as before and still burn more fat.
However, be careful with the amount of green tea you take. This is because it can have some side effects. Some may include nausea, agitation, diarrhea, and insomnia.
Green Coffee Bean Extract
Fat burners would often have green coffee bean extract. This type of ingredient has many benefits related to weight loss. This is because it contains caffeine and polyphenol epigallocatechin gallate or EGCG. The two are vital for helping you burn more fat.
These two compounds in green coffee extract help boost metabolism and increase thermogenesis, which are both vital to losing weight.
Fat burners would also have forskolin to help with losing weight. This is because the ingredient will activate two enzymes, namely adenylate cyclase and lipase. These two enzymes are crucial for freeing the fatty acids from the body cells. This means you would end up with less fat in the cells and improved lean muscle mass.
You have to keep in mind that forskolin does not burn fat directly in the body. That is the reason it needs to be included with other ingredients. Its job is to free the fatty acids from the cells and then let other processes take over.
A few studies have shown how forskolin can help improve your body fat percentage; however, it does not alter weight change a lot.
Another benefit of forskolin is that it can increase testosterone levels in the body. This is vital to boost your overall male health.
It is possible to find glucomannan in different fat burners. This is because it is a konjac dietary fiber vital for blocking fat in the food from being absorbed into the body. As you can see, it would be a great ingredient for any fat burner supplement.
There have been some studies that show glucomannan can help you lose weight. However, there might be a need to have more studies to make it conclusive.
Since many people find it safe, you can find that the ingredient would be used in fat burner supplements in the market right now.
Fat burners also contain raspberry ketones because they claim to help break down fat in cells more effectively. As such, you can lose weight when you burn more body fat over time.
Raspberry ketones are also good at increasing adiponectin hormone levels. This is a hormone important for regulating your metabolism. Since there is an increase in the hormone, you can expect increased metabolism.
Fat-burning supplements also use this ingredient since studies show it can help in protect you against liver disease. However, there is still the need for more study in humans since the study was done on rats.
Considering there are still limited studies of raspberry ketones in humans, you may want to consider taking the ingredient in recommended doses only.
Chromium Picolinate is vital for your weight loss process too. This is because the ingredient can lower your appetite, thus curbing your food cravings. If you were always binge eating, now you can handle your cravings better.
The ingredient is also necessary to boost your metabolism as a way of helping you burn more calories and cutting your body fat.
Chromium Picolinate is still crucial for boosting your muscle mass. After losing weight, you always need to boost your muscle development. That is why this ingredient is important for you in a weight loss supplement.
Black Pepper Extract
Black pepper extract also plays an important role in losing weight. That is why it may be on the ingredient list of a fat burner.
Black pepper helps with weight loss because it has piperine. This is a compound that can boost your metabolism and still suppress fat accumulation. As you can see, consuming black pepper extract more often can help in managing your weight.
Black pepper can also boost the overall absorption of nutrients into the body. Other studies show it can help improve your immunity and fight off infections too.
Caffeine anhydrous is a stimulant with effects such as increasing your metabolism. It could be the reason you find more people considering it as they know it would help them burn more fat as an ingredient.
That is not all, as it can still promote fat reduction and still improve your BMI measurements. Since there is increased metabolism, you can also expect more energy. Even those who work in the gym would enjoy using a fat burner with this ingredient.
Is Fat Burner For Men?
Yes. You read it right; you can get fat burners only meant for men. It is the same thing when you want fat burners meant for women. This is because manufacturers can include specific ingredients that would improve weight loss in men as compared to when women use the same products.
So far, there have been reviews on how the products work. They can work, but fat burners also need the user to include better dieting, working out more often, and so much more before weight loss results can be noticeable.
Who Should Take A Fat Burner?
You can use a natural fat burner product if you want to lose weight. Sometimes using supplements can help you get the boost you need to start the weight loss journey. Since fat burners can increase metabolism, you should also have enough energy to work out even more. Also, fat burners can suppress appetite and break down stored fat more easily.
One thing is for sure; fat burners are likely to be around for a long time. People always love products that promise to help them lose weight faster, probably without doing much. It is why you may want to take precautions when picking a fat burner supplement.
Always watch out for a fat burner that overpromises its benefits. The weight loss process takes time. It is not something you can achieve overnight or after a few weeks. That is why when some companies offer a product that claims to help you lose a lot of weight in just a month or less, you need to be cautious.
A good fat burner will help curb your appetite, control your cravings, and boost your metabolism to improve your calorie burn. However, some might have a lot of ingredients with an aim to try and pack all these benefits into one product. This sometimes makes the product lead to allergies or unwanted effects on the user. So, always study the ingredients of a fat burner before picking one.
To pick the best fat burner, take the time to do more research on the product. In case you find many negative reviews on the product, there is no point in buying it. You can always learn more about what other people have experienced to get the right fat burner.
Once you get your favorite fat burner, also include fitness workouts and a proper diet to help you lose weight the right way and maintain it too.
Potential Side Effects
As much as you may be happy to use a fat burner supplement for weight loss, there are potential side effects you can expect.
The first potential side effect of using fat burners is that you may experience insomnia. There are times when the fat burner could have high contents of caffeine. Since it is a stimulant, you will find it hard to sleep. This is when you take the supplement when it is almost bedtime.
Stimulants can be great for boosting metabolism in the body; however, they can still leave you feeling dehydrated. This is because caffeine is a diuretic. You may start to feel like peeing more often. Just make sure you keep hydrating when you start using such supplements.
You may have weight loss goals, but taking too many fat burners can easily lead to anxiety. There is nothing fun about having anxiety as it can also lead to increased blood pressure, nausea, and so much more. Some fat burners may have unhealthy ingredients. Since most people do not research the ingredients, sometimes the product you pick may lead to unwanted health conditions. A good example is when the product has the sibutramine ingredient. This can lead to heart issues if you use it in excess over time.
Final Thought: Is It Safe For Weight Loss?
At this point, you understand what fat burners are all about. There is no doubt they can help with weight loss support, but you always have to pick the right product. The guide above has highlighted the best fat burners in the market for men. So, you should have an idea of where to start when looking for the best fat burner supplement.
It is worth noting that fat burners alone cannot lead to weight loss. You still need to work on your fitness too. This means including a workout regime even when using fat burners. You also have to consider the diet too. Change your diet and lifestyle to see better weight loss results.
As for safety, always buy products from a reputable company and consult widely before picking the best one.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fat burners can work if you use them correctly. It is best if you pick the top-rated fat burners for men and use them as directed by the manufacturer.
Instant Knockout fat burner is a top choice for those who need the best product to try out. It is made in FDA-approved and GMP-compliant facilities. This generally boosts the overall confidence in the product.
A man can lose fat fast when using the best supplement plus changing his diet, and improving his workout regime, among other lifestyle changes. Fat burners alone are not enough to get the best weight loss results.
It depends on the product ingredients. It is why you have to check out the ingredients in detail to determine if the product is safe or not.
It will depend on the product you are using and your body too. Some burners are fast, while others might take time. Ultimately, give yourself more time to see results. A month should be enough to step on the scale again to see if there is a difference.
+ 18 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- Zheng, Y., Ma, A., Zheng, M., Wang, Q., Liang, H., Han, X. and Schouten, E.G. (2018). B Vitamins Can Reduce Body Weight Gain by Increasing Metabolism-related Enzyme Activities in Rats Fed on a High-Fat Diet. Current Medical Science, [online] 38(1), pp.174–183. doi:10.1007/s11596-018-1862-9.
- Tabrizi, R., Saneei, P., Lankarani, K.B., Akbari, M., Kolahdooz, F., Esmaillzadeh, A., Nadi-Ravandi, S., Mazoochi, M. and Asemi, Z. (2018). The effects of caffeine intake on weight loss: a systematic review and dos-response meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, [online] 59(16), pp.2688–2696. doi:10.1080/10408398.2018.1507996.
- Zheng, J., Zheng, S., Feng, Q., Zhang, Q. and Xiao, X. (2017). Dietary capsaicin and its anti-obesity potency: from mechanism to clinical implications. Bioscience Reports, [online] 37(3). doi:10.1042/bsr20170286.
- Dimpfel W;Wedekind W;Keplinger I (2020). Efficacy of dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) containing vitamin-mineral drug combination on EEG patterns in the presence of different emotional states. European journal of medical research, [online] 8(5). Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12844472/.
- Hodgson, A., Randell, R. and Asker Jeukendrup (2013). The Effect of Green Tea Extract on Fat Oxidation at Rest and during Exercise: Evidence of Efficacy and… [online] ResearchGate. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/236047984_The_Effect_of_Green_Tea_Extract_on_Fat_Oxidation_at_Rest_and_during_Exercise_Evidence_of_Efficacy_and_Proposed_Mechanisms.
- spcadmin (2019). Innovative Medicine. [online] Innovative Medicine. Available at: https://innovativemedicine.org/benefits-of-l-theanine-for-weight-loss/.
- Duncan, M.J. and Clarke, N.D. (2014). The Effect of AcuteRhodiola roseaIngestion on Exercise Heart Rate, Substrate Utilisation, Mood State, and Perceptions of Exertion, Arousal, and Pleasure/Displeasure in Active Men. Journal of Sports Medicine, [online] 2014, pp.1–8. doi:10.1155/2014/563043.
- Susan Duckett, Volpi Lagreca, G., Alende, M. and Long, N. (2014). Palmitoleic acid reduces intramuscular lipid and restores insulin sensitivity in obese sheep. Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity: Targets and Therapy, [online] p.553. doi:10.2147/dmso.s72695.
- Weimann, E., Silva, M.B.B., Murata, G.M., Bortolon, J.R., Dermargos, A., Curi, R. and Hatanaka, E. (2018). Topical anti-inflammatory activity of palmitoleic acid improves wound healing. PLOS ONE, [online] 13(10), p.e0205338. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0205338.
- Fluhr, J.W., Darlenski, R. and Surber, C. (2008). Glycerol and the skin: holistic approach to its origin and functions. British Journal of Dermatology, [online] 159(1), pp.23–34. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2133.2008.08643.x.
- Moskowitz, R.W. (2000). Role of collagen hydrolysate in bone and joint disease. Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, [online] 30(2), pp.87–99. doi:10.1053/sarh.2000.9622.
- Ohia, S.E., Opere, C.A., LeDay, A.M., Bagchi, M., Bagchi, D. & Stohs, S.J. (2002). Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, [online] 238(1/2), pp.89–103. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12349913/
- Acheson, K.J., Zahorska-Markiewicz, B., Pittet, P., Anantharaman, K. & Jéquier, E. (1980). Caffeine and coffee: their influence on metabolic rate and substrate utilization in normal weight and obese individuals. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, [online] 33(5), pp.989–997. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/7369170/
- Júdice, P.B., Matias, C.N., Santos, D.A., Magalhães, J.P., Hamilton, M.T., Sardinha, L.B. & Silva, A.M. (2013). Caffeine Intake, Short Bouts of Physical Activity, and Energy Expenditure: A Double-Blind Randomized Crossover Trial. PLoS ONE, [online] 8(7), p.e68936. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3711911/
- Costill DL; Dalsky GP; Fink WJ (2016). Effects of caffeine ingestion on metabolism and exercise performance. Medicine and science in sports, [online] 10(3). Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/723503/
- Wang, L., Meng, X. & Zhang, F. (2012). Raspberry Ketone Protects Rats Fed High-Fat Diets Against Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis. Journal of Medicinal Food, [online] 15(5), pp.495–503. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3338106/
- Butt, M.S., Pasha, I., Sultan, M.T., Randhawa, M.A., Saeed, F. & Ahmed, W. (2013). Black Pepper and Health Claims: A Comprehensive Treatise. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, [online] 53(9), pp.875–886. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23768180/
- Scheen, A.J. (2010). Cardiovascular Risk-Benefit Profile of Sibutramine. American Journal Cardiovascular Drugs, [online] 10(5), pp.321–334. Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20860415/