The article is a subjective view on this topic written by writers specializing in medical writing.
It may reflect on a personal journey surrounding struggles with an illness or medical condition, involve product comparisons, diet considerations, or other health-related opinions.
Although the view is entirely that of the writer, it is based on academic experiences and scientific research they have conducted; it is fact-checked by a team of degreed medical experts, and validated by sources attached to the article.
The numbers in parenthesis (1,2,3) will take you to clickable links to related scientific papers.
Best CBD Gummies For Diabetes Reviews 2023 – Top 7 CBD Brands
All articles are produced independently. When you click our links for purchasing products, we earn an affiliate commission. Learn more about how we earn revenue by reading our advertise disclaimer.
CBDfx Original Mixed Berry CBD Gummies
- Broad-spectrum Cannabidiol (CBD).
- 50 mg per gummy.
- Organic, vegan, and gluten-free.
25% Off Coupon: HEALTHCANAL
CBDistillery 30mg Full Spectrum CBD Gummies
- Full-spectrum CBD gummies.
- 60-day satisfaction guarantee.
- 3rd-party tested.
25% Off Coupon: HEALTHCANAL25
Royal CBD Broad Spectrum CBD Gummies
- Assorted flavors.
- 25 milligram (mg) of CBD.
- Broad-spectrum CBD gummies.
20% Off Coupon: HC20
CBD products, or cannabidiol, are used today for many medical remedies. CBD oils, gummies, topicals, tinctures, capsules, and powders are used for pain relief, sleep induction, relaxation, and more. And this is because the molecules in the CBD plant contain calming and anti-inflammatory properties the body gains from.
In this piece, we’ll specifically discuss how CBD may benefit those with diabetes.
Keep reading to learn more. We will also offer brief highlights of seven of the best CBD gummies for those dealing with diabetes.
7 Best CBD Gummies For Diabetics On The Market In (November. 2023)
- CBDfx Original Mixed Berry CBD Gummies – Editor’s Choice
- CBDistillery 30mg Full Spectrum CBD Gummies – Best Full-Spectrum For Diabetic Pain Relief
- Royal CBD Broad Spectrum CBD Gummies – Best THC-Free CBD Gummies For Diabetes
- Medterra True Full Spectrum Original Hemp Gummies – Best Organic CBD For Gummies
- Gold Bee Vegan CBD Gummies – Best Vegan CBD Gummies For Diabetes
- Hemp Bombs CBD Gummies – Best High Potency CBD Gummies
- Joy Organics Organic CBD Gummies – Best Tasting CBD Gummies For Diabetes
What Is Diabetes?
When your blood sugar level, or blood glucose, is chronically high, this leads to diabetes. Glucose is the body’s primary energy source, which is obtained from the food you consume, specifically carbohydrates.
The pancreas produces the hormone insulin, which helps glucose from the food enter your cells to produce energy. There are different forms of diabetes, depending on how they lead to uncontrolled blood sugars:
- Type 1 diabetes: Your body does not produce insulin. It is otherwise known as “insulin-dependent” diabetes, as you often need to take insulin to control it.
- Type 2 diabetes: Your body does not make or use insulin well. It is also known as reduced insulin sensitivity.
- Gestational diabetes: Occurs during pregnancy and might evolve into type 2 diabetes.
- Monogenic diabetes: A rare inherited form of diabetes.
- Cystic fibrosis-related diabetes: Results from impaired glucose metabolism related to cystic fibrosis complications.
All these types of diabetes imply that glucose remains in your blood and does not enter your cells to be used.
Over time, health issues can result from having too much glucose in the bloodstream. Some health issues may include chronic heart disease, blood vessel disease, and nerve inflammation. These issues may eventually lead to nerve damage, loss of eyesight, and amputation if not controlled.
How CBD Works To Help With Diabetes?
Even though there is no cure for diabetes, you can manage it as best as possible. One possible way to help support healthy blood sugars is by reducing inflammation in the body.
Taking CBD may have some health benefits in easing inflammation. And since diabetes is associated with a high chance of developing chronic inflammation in the vital organs, consuming CBD products may help.
How does CBD work in the body? It does so through what is called the endocannabinoid system.
The body’s endocannabinoid system helps manage our metabolism, which is vital for those with diabetes. Recent evidence suggests that this endocannabinoid system helps dictate how insulin responds to blood sugar in the body. This indicates that the endocannabinoid system may help the body become more sensitive to insulin leading to better blood sugar control.
Nonetheless, further research is needed on CBD’s effectiveness as a diabetes remedy. So when you want to start using any CBD product for diabetes, please ensure to check with your doctor. n. Make sure to do your research and jot down questions to ask during your medical appointment.
With your doctor’s approval, you can go ahead and purchase any of the seven brands we will discuss next.
7 Best CBD Gummies For Diabetes To Buy In 2023
CBDfx Original Mixed Berry CBD Gummies
These CBDFx gummies are among the best in the market. Firstly, they are a reputable brand. Two, they offer CBD users high-quality and potent CBD products, including this one and others with delta-9 CBD.
- It contains a CBD quantity of 50 mg per serving.
- It is vegan and gluten-free
- Third-party tested for all major contaminants.
- They were a bit expensive.
- Contains a low amount of cane sugar
If you are looking for a pure CBD formula, look no further than CBDfx. This brand has quite an excellent reputation for selling high-quality CBD products.
This specific product, the CBDfx Original Mixed Berry CBD Gummies, has a delicious berry-flavored, highly potent broad-spectrum formula untampered from the cannabis plant.
You get 50 mg of CBD per serving with two gummies of 25 mg of CBD each. These CBD gummies calm the system, which is vital for people with diabetes, especially when experiencing chronic pain or stress.
It may also help improve your blood flow. CBD has properties that relax the arterial walls of our blood vessels, improving blood flow. It may also reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels in the blood.
This CBD is considered broad-spectrum, meaning it contains all the beneficial terpenes, flavonoids, and cannabinoids that offer what is known as the entourage effect. The entourage effect describes how all of a cannabis plant’s molecules, including terpenes and phytocannabinoids, interact to increase each other’s effects. This contends that the complete spectrum of the cannabis plant functions best when consumed together.
There is no tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in these gummies, so you will not get high after using them.
Lastly, you get a 60-day money-back guarantee when you purchase from the company’s site selling a tub at $54. This product is gluten-free, vegan, cruelty-free, and made in the USA.
CBDistillery CBD gummies are one of the best diabetes CBD gummies to regulate blood sugar. They only contain 30 mg of CBD, making them perfect for someone new to taking CBD.
- It is a full-spectrum CBD product.
- It contains 30 mg of CBD per serving.
- The company’s health claims are pain relief and a calming effect.
- Lab tested only for microbial contamination
- Contains a low amount of cane sugar
CBDistillery is another brand with quite an impressive lineup of CBD products. Besides these gummies that you may use when you have diabetes, they also create sleep, relaxation, and pain relief. The gummies are full-spectrum CBD gummies that contain 30 mg of CBD per serving. They are U.S. Hemp Authority certified, non-GMO, and third-party tested.
The U.S. Hemp Authority® Certification Program aims to give buyers and sellers of hemp and CBD products peace of mind by setting high standards, good practice guidelines, and self-regulation.
You can take these gummies any time of the day: pick one and enjoy some relaxation.
These relaxing formula gummies may help support healthy blood pressure and blood sugar levels. Each gummy contains two grams of added sugar, and the dosage is one to two daily for a total of four grams per serving.
According to the World Health Organization, the maximum amount of cane sugar a person with diabetes can have daily is 25 grams or six teaspoons on a 2,000-calorie diet plan. CBDistillery CBD gummies for diabetes reviews are yet to surface in large numbers. Still, the sure thing about the company is that all their products are excellent, judging from the millions of positive remarks.
Royal CBD sells a wide range of CBD products, including CBD capsules, oils, and honey sticks. These gummies are broad spectrum with zero THC.
- 25 mg of CBD per serving.
- It is a broad-spectrum CBD gummy with low calories.
- You save more when you buy in bundles.
- It is an expensive product.
- Contains a low amount of cane sugar
Broad spectrum CBD gummies made by Royal CBD are one of the best CBD for diabetes in our list because of their natural ingredient list containing 25 mg of CBD.
Thanks to their low-calorie and low-sugar content, these gummies can be used as part of a regimen to support healthy blood sugar levels and a healthy weight.
Royal CBD gummies are third-party tested, gluten-free, vegan, and made in the USA. When you buy this supplement, you get a satisfaction guarantee and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
When you buy from the official website, you can purchase the 30-count single container from $99 to $79. You can get a 2-pack and 4-pack as well.
Medterra True Full Spectrum Original
These Medterra Original formulas are vegan, all-natural, and devoid of artificial ingredients. The most crucial factor is that it is low in sugar, making it among the best CBD for diabetes.
- These are vegan gummies.
- They only contain natural ingredients.
- They are devoid of any artificial additives.
- Contains a low amount of sugar and tapioca syrup
Medterra vegan CBD gummies are full-spectrum with all the good cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids, offering the entourage effect of calm and relaxation.
Thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD, you may notice some positive changes in your blood sugar levels. Some users have reported reduced pain as well related to diabetes complications.
These gummies are vegan and are made with 25 mg of CBD and 2 mg of THC. Compared to other competing brands, this THC blood level may give you a bit of a high feeling. You may not feel intoxicated but experience mild effects like increased relaxation and focus.
Because of the THC content, it can show up in drug tests. Also, you are advised by the manufacturers to sit away from operating heavy machinery since you can get drowsy while using the machine. This is a danger to both you and the people around you.
According to the numerous CBD gummies reviews on the website, a few remarks on the gummies easing nerve discomfort, pain relief, and relaxation stood out. It has only 2 grams of sugar and 15 calories per serving, a good match for those with diabetes.
On a one-time purchase arrangement, one tub costs $59.99. But when you buy CBD gummies on a subscription, you only pay $41.99.
Gold Bee Vegan CBD Gummies
The Gold Bee Vegan gummies are non-GMO, broad-spectrum CBD, and third-party tested. It is free of THC, natural, and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 25 mg of CBD.
- Vegan gummies.
- Broad spectrum CBD gummies.
- It is expensive on a one-time purchase arrangement.
Unlike most CBD gummy brands with a 2-gummy per serving, Gold Bee gives users the choice of taking one or two depending on their situation. They are incredibly effective as on-the-go CBD products.
Besides that, the brand uses natural sweeteners like organic glucose syrup from wheat and organic cane sugar, making them the best CBD for diabetes and weight management. The vegan gummies taste good, are fun, and are easy to swallow.
This brand’s formula is one of a kind, with a unique proprietary blend with no trace of THC. This means that you will not get any psychedelic feelings nor any trace of the THC in drug tests. One tub goes for $59.
Hemp Bombs CBD Gummies
The Hemp Bombs CBD gummies are high-potency gummies with 30 mg of CBD per serving. Therefore, they are not ideal when you start taking CBD for diabetes.
- It contains natural hemp.
- Thirty milligrams of CBD max per gummy.
- No interaction between terpenes and other cannabinoids.
- CBD isolate gummies are a little pricey.
- Contains a low amount of sugar and added corn syrup
These specific Hemp Bombs come as a 100 gummy count that will cost you $100 on a one-time purchase arrangement. When you go with the subscription scheme, you will save 20%.
These highly potent CBD gummies are third-party tested and do not have any trace amounts of THC. They are also free of dairy, fat, nuts, and gluten. These Hemp Bombs are low-sugar containing two grams of sugar per gummy, low-sodium, and free from artificial sweeteners.
This is one of the significant reasons we included this brand in our list of the best CBD gummies for diabetes. Some of the flavors you will enjoy are strawberry, berry, lime, blue raspberry, and green apple flavors.
Joy Organics Organic CBD Gummies
Joy Organics is our final brand as the best CBD for diabetes in gummy form. These gummies contain only 10mg of CBD per serving, making them a CBD product perfect for an intermediate user of CBD for diabetes.
- Third-party tested for all major contaminants
- THC-free and allergen-free.
- Available in various CBD strengths.
- There aren’t many savings even with a subscription.
- Contains a low amount of cane sugar and tapioca syrup
The Joy organics come in three delectable options: strawberry lemonade – 30 packs of10 or 25 mg doses, and green apple (10 mg) with two grams of sugar per gummy.
They are all-natural, allergen-free, and gluten-free. Joy Organics CBD gummies are also a vegan-friendly fit for vegans and vegetarians.
The CBD used in these gummies is broad-spectrum and free of THC. The Joy Organics creators have eco-friendly packaging that is carbon neutral. There is free shipping on orders over $50, and the packaging comes with a satisfaction guarantee.
Finally, each batch is third-party tested, so you will be sure that the formula you get from Joy Organics contains what it says it does and is held to higher standards. When your purchase on a one-time buy, you get the Joy Organics for $39.95. And on the subscription is $31.96.
How To Use CBD Gummies For Diabetes?
CBD gummies for diabetes are used the same way you would for pain relief: you consume them as instructed.
The main thing you must watch out for regarding CBD gummies is the sugar content in the product. Since diabetes is directly impacted by the amount of sugar you consume, picking hemp bombs and CBD gummies with lower sugar content is wise. Ideally, go with the best CBD gummies that contain minimal sugar or those with natural sweeteners like monk fruit or safe sugar substitutes that have minimal effect on the gut microbiome.
As a person with diabetes, you must know how much CBD you take in. You must also ensure the product is authentic with a third-party testing label from a reputable laboratory. And not all third-party lab tests are the same; some only test for microbial contamination, while others test for solvents, heavy metals, yeast, molds, and pesticides. Before you pair it with any other home remedy, such as essential oils or lemon balm topicals, speak to your doctor.
Sticking to the recommended dosage would be best to get the most out of a high-quality product. But for diabetes, it can be a bit tricky.
This is because each person’s experience with diabetes is different. Medications are typically based on weight, height, body weight, and other health parameters. So, there is no standard CBD dosage for diabetes: and this applies to CBD isolate, full-spectrum, and broad-spectrum CBD oil. And what makes a choice more difficult is that multiple brands have different CBD doses per gummy.
The general rule when using CBD gummies is to start with the lowest dosage and then increase slowly. It’s best to start at the lowest dose of around 5 mg of CBD per gummy.
If you do not feel any positive changes, you may increase the dosage to 10 mg of CBD per gummy. Please do not forget that you need your doctor’s supervision during the entire process of taking CBD.
How We Picked The Best CBD Gummies For Diabetes?
When looking for the best CBD gummies for diabetes, you can use this checklist to find the one that fits your needs.
- The CBD type: Full-spectrum CBD, Broad-spectrum CBD, or CBD isolate.
- The CBD potency in the product.
- The brand’s reputation.
- The certification on the product: Vegan, GMO-Free, Third-party testing.
- The price against the value.
People with illnesses like kidney disease or diabetes must manage these conditions for most of their lives. But the bright side is that even when struck by life-threatening diseases, some natural remedies, such as using CBD, might help.
CBD has been recorded to help with various things, especially inflammation, characteristic of diabetes and autoimmune disease. It also helps relieve chronic pain and aids relaxation of the arterial blood vessels and nerves. And it is for these reasons that we believe that diabetes would greatly benefit from using these CBD gummies.
The only catch is that the availability of studies on CBD for diabetes is limited. Further research is needed for a definitive conclusion on how beneficial they are in this case. Consult your doctor before taking the best CBD gummies for diabetes.
Frequently Asked Questions
It depends on the CBD oil potency in the gummies. Get your doctor’s input on the best dosage to start with.
CBD gummies typically last a month’s supply, but that may differ from brand to brand according to their packaging capacity.
CBD gummies act on the endocannabinoid system that regulates most bodily functions, including blood sugar and insulin resistance. The gummies try to facilitate homeostasis in the body or a more balanced state of being.
Most CBD gummies are low in THC content and will not appear on a drug test. However, there are a few that contain more THC, such as Medterra True Full Spectrum Original, which can show up on a drug test.
Always ensure you are using a THC-free CBD product if you expect tests.
CBD gummies are safe if you buy CBD gummies from a reputable seller distributing only authentic CBD products. Also, ensure you get your doctor’s permission and stick to the recommended dosage unless advised to increase it.
+ 10 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (2016). What is Diabetes? [online] National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Available at: https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/diabetes/overview/what-is-diabetes.
- and, D. (2022). Type 1 Diabetes. [online] National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Available at: https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/diabetes/overview/what-is-diabetes/type-1-diabetes
- and, D. (2022). Type 2 Diabetes. [online] National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Available at: https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/diabetes/overview/what-is-diabetes/type-2-diabetes
- and, D. (2022). Gestational Diabetes | NIDDK. [online] National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Available at: https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/diabetes/overview/what-is-diabetes/gestational
- and, D. (2022). Monogenic Diabetes (Neonatal Diabetes Mellitus & MODY). [online] National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Available at: https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/diabetes/overview/what-is-diabetes/monogenic-neonatal-mellitus-mody
- Doan, L.V. and Madison, L.D. (2022). Cystic Fibrosis Related Diabetes. [online] Nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK545192/#:~:text=Cystic%20fibrosis%2Drelated%20diabetes%20results,with%20CF%20to%20diagnose%20CFRD
- Atalay, S., Jarocka-Karpowicz, I. and Skrzydlewska, E. (2019). Antioxidative and Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Cannabidiol. Antioxidants, [online] 9(1), p.21. doi:10.3390/antiox9010021.
- Motaghedi, R. and McGraw, T.E. (2008). The CB1 Endocannabinoid System Modulates Adipocyte Insulin Sensitivity. Obesity, [online] 16(8), pp.1727–1734. doi:10.1038/oby.2008.309.
- Baranowska-Kuczko, M., Kozłowska, H., Kloza, M., Sadowska, O., Kozlowski, M., Kusaczuk, M., Kasacka, I. and Malinowska, B. (2020). Vasodilatory effects of cannabidiol in human pulmonary and rat small mesenteric arteries: modification by hypertension and the potential pharmacological opportunities. Journal of Hypertension, [online] 38(5), pp.896–911. doi:https://doi.org/10.1097/hjh.0000000000002333.
- Argueta, D.A., Ventura, C.M., Kiven, S., Sagi, V. and Gupta, K. (2020). A Balanced Approach for Cannabidiol Use in Chronic Pain. Frontiers in Pharmacology, [online] 11. doi:10.3389/fphar.2020.00561.