The article is a subjective view on this topic written by writers specializing in medical writing.
It may reflect on a personal journey surrounding struggles with an illness or medical condition, involve product comparisons, diet considerations, or other health-related opinions.
Although the view is entirely that of the writer, it is based on academic experiences and scientific research they have conducted; it is fact-checked by a team of degreed medical experts, and validated by sources attached to the article.
The numbers in parenthesis (1,2,3) will take you to clickable links to related scientific papers.
Phen24 Reviews 2023: Does This Fat Loss Pill Work?
All articles are produced independently. When you click our links for purchasing products, we earn an affiliate commission. Learn more about how we earn revenue by reading our advertise disclaimer.
- Works with your circadian rhythm
- Decreases your cortisol levels
- Boosts your metabolism
- Increases energy
- Improves blood circulation and digestion
- Supplied through Wolfson Brands
- Products focus on evidence-based research
- Based in the United Kingdom
- Utilize Food & Drug Administration facilities
- Helps improve blood circulation
- Works with your circadian rhythm
- Promote mental focus
- Improves resting metabolic rate
- Lowers your cortisol levels
About The Brand
Phen24 is one of the most prominent diet pills on the market today, targeting weight loss both day and night. It’s supplied and manufactured by Wolfson Brands, a conglomerate of beauty and wellness brands that has led the way in this sphere for over a decade.
Wolfson Brands aims to bring positive change to the wellness industry by combining evidence-based research and time-tested strategies from credentialed professionals to provide their customers with products that support their overall well-being.
Phen24 is the industry’s first metabolism-fueling system that supports thermogenesis even while you snooze. Geared toward healthy weight loss, Phen24 works with your circadian rhythm to address your stress hormones and their role in body weight management.
In this review, we’ll analyze Phen24 and break down how it works before exploring whether its weight loss claims hold true. Losing weight in a healthy manner involves more than just burning fat, so relying on a weight loss supplement may not be the answer. Let’s explore if Phen24 is right for you.
What Is Phen24?
Phen24 is one of the newest weight loss pills that operate during the day as well as the night to help boost your metabolism and encourage faster weight loss. The supplement requires that you take two separate pills; one you take in the morning and the other you take just before bedtime.
The two separate doses have different roles in your weight loss efforts. For example, the daytime formula aims to give you more energy and improve your mental focus, while the nighttime formula aims to decrease stress levels to promote healthy sleep.
The Phen24 Daytime capsules focus on stimulating your metabolism to help you burn more fat during the day. They are also believed to reduce your appetite and boost your energy levels, which can be beneficial for weight loss.
The Phen24 nighttime capsules aim to support healthy sleep patterns without disturbing your circadian rhythm. Furthermore, the nightly capsules help lower your cortisol levels and decrease food cravings.
Feature Product & Coupon
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Clinically proven and tested ingredients
- Boosts thermogenesis day and night
- Free and fast shipping
- May only purchase on the brand’s website
- Pricey compared to alternative brands
Does Phen24 Really Work?
Phen24 can contribute to weight loss when used in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen. Our diet culture’s pressure for perfection is a constant looming cloud in so many people’s lives, especially women.
Where some diet pill companies promise fast and easy results, Phen24 supports the “big picture” by providing you with vitamins and minerals that enhance your overall health.
Phen24 aims to boost your energy during the day and help improve your sleep at night. As a result, you may see an improved resting metabolic rate, enhanced fat burning, and the ability to burn more calories even when you sleep.
Phen24, when combined with a balanced nutritional intake and physical activity, can help support your weight loss goals and overall health. Its natural ingredients can help boost energy levels and burn excess fat. Phen24 is designed as a two-part system involving a daytime and nighttime dose, patterned after your own circadian rhythm.
Each capsule contains vitamins and minerals, such as ascorbic acid, zinc, manganese, copper, and many more. There is a total of 20 ingredients in Phen24 (counting both the day and nighttime capsule), meeting 100% of your day’s recommended intake for some components.
With today’s diet culture more overbearing than ever, fat loss pills are becoming more and more common. Unfortunately, we’re seeing the market focus on fast results without including any additional lifestyle changes, which hasn’t proven sustainable.
Phen24 operates under different mechanisms. It acts as a supportive dietary supplement to a well-balanced diet and exercise routine that respects your own biological rhythms.
Phen24 requires you to take two doses daily- one capsule in the morning and two in the evening. Each formula comprises different ingredients optimized for the time of day.
- The daytime formula aims to provide you with an energy boost while potentially assisting your body in burning more body fat.
- The Phen24 nighttime formula is designed to help improve your sleep quality and boost your body’s metabolism during the night.
A consistent, healthy sleep routine is called “sleep hygiene,” and it has become an important consideration in total health. The brain is just as busy at night as during the day, but doing other things that will impact the following waking hours, such as memory consolidation and removing metabolic waste of the central nervous system.
The Phen24 daytime capsules contain ingredients that can help boost your metabolism and improve your energy levels.
Each serving of Phen24’s daytime capsules provides 15 milligrams (mg) of zinc, slightly more than the recommended dose of 8-11 mg per day for women and men, respectively, but safely under the Tolerable Upper Intake Limit of 40 mg per day for both.
Zinc is involved in multiple biological functions, including functions that improve your immune system and stimulate your metabolism.
Manganese is an essential trace element involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates and amino acids, among many other bodily functions. Each serving of Phen24’s daytime capsule provides 2 mg of the trace element, 87% of the daily recommended intake.
Each daytime capsule of Phen24 provides 1 mg of copper, just slightly more than the recommended 900 micrograms (mcg) daily for adults, well below the tolerable limit of 10,000 mcg.
Copper is an essential mineral involved in energy production. Including copper in its formula, Phen24 can help boost your energy for improved exercise results. Copper may also play a role in cardiac health (via lipid metabolism) and brain health.
Each serving of the daily Phen24 provides 150 mcg of iodine, which is 100% of your daily recommended intake. Iodine can play a role in several biological functions, but Phen24’s website focuses on its role in thyroid function.
Without sufficient iodine in your system, your thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) can remain elevated and ultimately affect your thyroid function. And since your thyroid hormones are involved in regulating your weight, meeting 100% of your iodine needs in a simple pill can be influential in your weight loss goals.
In addition to the powerful ingredients mentioned above, Phen24 also contains caffeine, guarana extract, L-phenylalanine, and cayenne powder. These ingredients are said to improve mental focus while increasing your energy, a beneficial equation for losing weight.
There is 150 mcg of caffeine in every serving of the daytime Phen24 capsule. If sensitive to caffeine, you may experience jitteriness. However, it’s strategically included only in the daytime formula to prevent insomnia that could disrupt your circadian rhythm.
Guarana extract, an ancient Amazonian extract from the guarana seed, may play a role in weight loss and improved thinking speed. Every serving of Phen24’s daytime capsule provides 100 mcg of guarana extract.
Furthermore, growing research shows that L-phenylalanine may have a suppressing effect on your appetite. Phen24 provides 70 mg of the essential amino acid in every serving to help satiate your hunger. Lastly, Phen24’s daytime capsule contains 20 mg of cayenne powder in every serving. The capsaicin in cayenne has been shown to help improve metabolic functions, digestion, and even blood circulation. In addition, research shows a positive correlation between this active compound and weight loss.
Ascorbic acid, known as vitamin C to many, has many purported health benefits. Its antioxidant properties help defend against free radicals, and it is also necessary for iron absorption and maintaining body tissues.
Phen24 includes vitamin C in its night capsules for its research-proven role in weight loss. Each serving of Phen24’s nighttime capsules provides 80 mg of ascorbic acid, which is 84% and 99% of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for women and men, respectively.
Vitamin B5 is commercially available as calcium D-Pantothenate. It is commonly used with other B vitamins and plays an important role in the body’s use of carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids.
Pyridoxine hydrochloride (HCl), sometimes referred to as vitamin B6, has been shown to play a role in appetite regulation. B6 also plays an important role in nerve, red blood cells, and skin health. There is 5 mg of pyridoxine HCl per serving of Phen24’s nighttime formula.
Phen24’s nighttime capsules contain other ingredients, including
- Thiamine HCl, otherwise known as vitamin B1, can help with glucose metabolism and converting sugars into energy.
- Chromium, a trace element, may decrease hunger levels and food cravings.
- D-biotin may have beneficial effects on glucose metabolism when combined with chromium.
- Hops extract, as a natural sedative, has been shown to decrease nocturnal activity in the circadian rhythm.
- Green tea extract has shown a positive connection to significant weight loss and reduced waist circumference.
- Glucomannan is a highly viscous, soluble fiber. It offers many benefits, such as the regulation of metabolism. Each serving of the Phen24 night formula provides 1000 mg of fiber.
- Griffonia extract has been used as an alternative treatment for insomnia and has shown beneficial effects on appetite suppression and weight loss.
- Choline bitartrate, as part of the neurotransmitter process for memory, aptly is in the nighttime formulation since sleep is responsible for memory consolidation.
- Molybdenum is a trace element that is necessary for the function of four enzymes.
Alternatives To Phen24
- Money-back guarantee
- Free shipping
- Contains chromium picolinate
- Can only purchase from the brand’s website
- Each serving contains ⅓ of your day’s recommended vitamin B6 and B12
- Money-back guarantee with the 4-month bundle
- Tailored to women only
- The optimal dosing is six capsules per day
- Money-back guarantee with a two-month supply
- Free shipping
- Contains 225 mg of caffeine
Potential Side Effects
There are no major reported side effects from taking Phen24. The supplement’s natural ingredients are considered safe for the average adult. Although it may cause unwanted insomnia or jitters if you are sensitive to caffeine.
Despite the lack of reported side effects, Phen24 is still not recommended for certain individuals. You should not take Phen24 if you are pregnant, nursing, or under 18 years of age. If you have been diagnosed with depression or take anti-depressants, you should not take Phen24.
Lastly, those who shouldn’t take it include those with chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, prostate cancer, breast cancer, testicular cancer, liver or kidney disease, and endocrine or autoimmune disorders.
Your doctor can help you decide if Phen24 is appropriate for your individualized needs.
Phen24 recommends taking one daytime capsule with breakfast and two nighttime capsules approximately 15 minutes before your last evening meal with a glass or two of water. Each box of Phen24 comes with 30 daytime and 60 nighttime capsules to last you an entire month.
Phen24 recommends ordering at least a two-month supply to give yourself the best chance of your desired results. However, you should not exceed the product’s recommended dose. Increasing your dose will not improve or speed up your results or make you lose weight faster.
Phen24 Reviews: What Do Real Users Say?
“I love Phen24! It gave what it promised. I’ve tried so many different products, and Phen24 is the only one that really delivered. I love the energy it gives me throughout the day and during my workout.”Patricia Hernandez
“I have recently used the Phen24, and I have to say I was quite pleased. I took it every day in the morning, and by the end of the first week, I was noticing that it was easier to wake up in the morning, and I was more alert throughout the day. I would definitely buy again!”Jacqueline Boyd
Phen24 is designed to work in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise routine to help you lose weight. Successful weight loss relies on lifestyle changes. Thus you will rarely see a registered dietitian recommend diet pills or fat burners.
Phen24 differ from other weight loss supplement as it helps support your mood and energy levels as well as respects the importance of our circadian rhythm.
Phen24 aims to improve your mental focus, physical performance, and metabolic activity, allowing you to maximize your workouts and food intake. The daytime formula can help boost metabolism and burn fat, while the Phen24 night formula can help improve your sleep and help you burn calories and body fat while you sleep.
Weight loss dietary supplements are not appropriate for everyone, and this article does not take the place of medical advice. As you would with other dietary supplements, talk with your doctor or registered dietitian nutritionist before starting Phen24.
Finally, it’s essential to remember that no two bodies are the same, and every journey is different. Also, weight loss supplement stays the same, but people change over time: what might work for you now might not be right for you in 6 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Phen24 has been shown to help people lose weight when taken alongside healthy eating and adequate physical activity. Phen24’s daytime and nighttime formulas contain different ingredients to accomplish their intended roles for weight loss.
Because weight loss involves several lifestyle factors, results will vary even when taking a standardized diet pill.
Phen24 warns against taking the diet pill if you’re pregnant, nursing, diabetic, or have other medical conditions. Minors, those taking anti-depressants, and those with cancer, autoimmune, or endocrine disorders should also avoid taking the weight loss supplement. If your medical history includes any serious medical condition, it is especially important to talk with your doctor before starting Phen24.
Phen24 is only sold on the brand’s website. Phen24 warns customers against buying counterfeit products from other websites.
+ 23 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- US), M. (2021). Zinc. [online] Nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK222317/
- Choi, S., Liu, X. and Pan, Z. (2018). Zinc deficiency and cellular oxidative stress: prognostic implications in cardiovascular diseases. Acta Pharmacologica Sinica, [online] 39(7), pp.1120–1132. doi:10.1038/aps.2018.25.
- National Institutes of Health (2017). Office of Dietary Supplements – Manganese. [online] Nih.gov. Available at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Manganese-HealthProfessional/.
- National Institutes of Health (2017). Office of Dietary Supplements – Copper. [online] Nih.gov. Available at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Copper-HealthProfessional/.
- National Institutes of Health (2017). Office of Dietary Supplements – Iodine. [online] Nih.gov. Available at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iodine-HealthProfessional/.
- Lima, N., Teixeira, L., Gambero, A. and Ribeiro, M. (2018). Guarana (Paullinia cupana) Stimulates Mitochondrial Biogenesis in Mice Fed High-Fat Diet. Nutrients, [online] 10(2), p.165. doi:10.3390/nu10020165.
- Fitzgerald, P.C.E., Manoliu, B., Herbillon, B., Steinert, R.E., Horowitz, M. and Feinle-Bisset, C. (2020). Effects of L-Phenylalanine on Energy Intake and Glycaemia—Impacts on Appetite Perceptions, Gastrointestinal Hormones and Gastric Emptying in Healthy Males. Nutrients, [online] 12(6), p.1788. doi:10.3390/nu12061788.
- PubChem (2022). Phenylalanine. [online] @pubchem. Available at: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Phenylalanine
- Zheng, J., Zheng, S., Feng, Q., Zhang, Q. and Xiao, X. (2017). Dietary capsaicin and its anti-obesity potency: from mechanism to clinical implications. Bioscience Reports, [online] 37(3). doi:10.1042/bsr20170286.
- Jiraungkoorskul, W., Narang, N. and Jamrus, P. (2017). Current understanding of antiobesity property of capsaicin. Pharmacognosy Reviews, [online] 11(21), p.23. doi:10.4103/phrev.phrev_48_16.
- PubChem (2022). Ascorbic acid. [online] @pubchem. Available at: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Ascorbic-acid
- PubChem (2022). Calcium D-pantothenate. [online] @pubchem. Available at: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Calcium-D-pantothenate
- PubChem (2022). Pyridoxine hydrochloride. [online] @pubchem. Available at: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Pyridoxine-hydrochloride
- Murphy, M., Bartges, J.W., Zemel, M.B., Kirk, C.A. and Witzel-Rollins, A. (2020). Effect of a Leucine/Pyridoxine Nutraceutical on Caloric Intake and Body Composition of Obese Dogs Losing Weight. Frontiers in Veterinary Science, [online] 7. doi:10.3389/fvets.2020.00555.
- Martel, J.L., Kerndt, C.C., Doshi, H. and Franklin, D.S. (2021). Vitamin B1 (Thiamine). [online] Nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK482360/
- Nih.gov. (2017). Office of Dietary Supplements – Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet: Chromium. [online] Available at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Chromium-HealthProfessional/.
- Albarracin, C.A., Fuqua, B.C., Evans, J.L. and Goldfine, I.D. (2007). Chromium picolinate and biotin combination improves glucose metabolism in treated, uncontrolled overweight to obese patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes/Metabolism Research and Reviews, [online] 24(1), pp.41–51. doi:10.1002/dmrr.755.
- Franco, L., Sánchez, C., Bravo, R., Rodriguez, A., Barriga, C. and Juánez, J. (2012). The sedative effects of hops(Humulus lupulus), a component of beer, on the activity/rest rhythm. Acta Physiologica Hungarica, [online] 99(2), pp.133–139. doi:10.1556/aphysiol.99.2012.2.6.
- Chen, I-Ju., Liu, C.-Y., Chiu, J.-P. and Hsu, C.-H. (2016). Therapeutic effect of high-dose green tea extract on weight reduction: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Clinical Nutrition, [online] 35(3), pp.592–599. doi:10.1016/j.clnu.2015.05.003.
- Anon, (2021). Glucomannan. [online] Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30000957/
- Devaraj, R.D., Reddy, C.K. and Xu, B. (2019). Health-promoting effects of konjac glucomannan and its practical applications: A critical review. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, [online] 126, pp.273–281. doi:10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2018.12.203.
- Böckmann, K.A., Franz, A.R., Minarski, M., Shunova, A., Maiwald, C.A., Schwarz, J., Gross, M., Poets, C.F. and Bernhard, W. (2021). Differential metabolism of choline supplements in adult volunteers. European Journal of Nutrition, [online] 61(1), pp.219–230. doi:10.1007/s00394-021-02637-6.
- Nih.gov. (2017). Office of Dietary Supplements – Molybdenum. [online] Available at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Molybdenum-HealthProfessional/.