The article is a subjective view on this topic written by writers specializing in medical writing.
It may reflect on a personal journey surrounding struggles with an illness or medical condition, involve product comparisons, diet considerations, or other health-related opinions.
Although the view is entirely that of the writer, it is based on academic experiences and scientific research they have conducted; it is fact-checked by a team of degreed medical experts, and validated by sources attached to the article.
The numbers in parenthesis (1,2,3) will take you to clickable links to related scientific papers.
GNC Reviews 2023: Is GNC A Good Brand?
All articles are produced independently. When you click our links for purchasing products, we earn an affiliate commission. Learn more about how we earn revenue by reading our advertise disclaimer.
- Wide variety of supplement brands
- A wide range of prices
- Favorable shipping options
- One-time purchases and subscriptions
- Monthly deliveries available
- Products with clinically-studied ingredients
- High-quality products and supplements
- A variety of different brands
- Supplements for every goal
- Fitness and wellness articles
- Good customer service
- Great shipping options
- Auto-delivery with monthly order
- Products with clinically-proven ingredients
- Enhances exercise performance
- Supports prostate and heart health
- Supports mental stamina
GNC stands for General Nutrition Centers and ever since 1935, they’ve been one of the pioneers of supplement brands and a variety of high-quality products. They aim to support every single person on their journey to a healthier life.
It’s not just about fitness, fat burners, and the best testosterone supplements, it’s about helping everyone reach the best version of themselves, and that puts health at the top of the list of priorities. They offer a wide range of brands and supplements they rigorously test before adding to their storefront.
GNC has been a trusted brand for dietary supplements, energy drinks, vitamins, protein powders, a variety of meal replacements, and other products for quite a while. The overwhelmingly positive reviews of GNC by customers are increasing their credibility, even amongst those who have just started wondering about taking supplements.
Top Bestseller Products Of GNC In (September. 2023)
- GNC TOTAL LEAN Lean Shake – Editor’s Choice
- GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil – Best Fish Oil Supplement
- GNC AMP Wheybolic Whey Protein – Best Performance- Boosting Protein Powder
- GNC MEGA MEN 50 Plus Vitapak Program – Best Multivitamin for Men
Who Might Benefit From GNC?
GNC is a storefront for everyone and anyone who is looking to improve their health and wellness. It’s also for those who are working on their fitness goals and trying to grow muscle, boost testosterone, lose weight, burn fat, gain muscle, increase energy levels, improve their diet, and stay on top of their nutrition and workout game. This trusted storefront has a product for you regardless of your health and fitness journey.
As with any other big brand on the market, there will be good and bad reviews, but the fact that they keep selling out many of their products only shows that people constantly keep coming back for more.
Anyone with a medical condition or who may be taking medications should consult with their physician before adding supplements to their diet as there may be interactions.
Pros & Cons Of GNC
- A wide selection of products, minerals, workout equipment, diet plans, and supplement brands for every diet
- Products supported by clinical research
- Members earn points and discounts
- PRO Access Membership costs $39.99 per year but gives you access to better deals, cashback rewards, and so much more
- Contains brands that don’t have the purest ingredients, i.e., there are many artificial ingredients, processed starches, artificial and natural sugars, preservatives, and other chemicals that could cause gastric distress, blood sugar problems, or other health issues such as allergies.
Best Seller GNC Supplements Review 2023
Some of the best GNC products you can find are protein supplements as well as daily vitamins. They’re the most sought-after and positively reviewed out of their whole collection and aim to support your health, wellness, and longevity goals. And, many of their vitamin packs have been clinically tested in random-controlled trials with positive results.
GNC TOTAL LEAN Lean Shake
Total Lean Shake is one of the crowd’s favorite protein shakes. With 25 grams of pure protein and only half the usual calories per serving, it’s a great and convenient way to get extra protein into your weight-loss diet.
- Tested for banned substances
- A variety of great flavors
- 25 grams of premium protein
- Contains multivitamins
Sometimes it’s hard to hit your daily macronutrient goals, and that’s where protein supplements come in handy. They’re easy to digest and even easier to enjoy, and Total Lean Shake is one of the best-reviewed GNC products.
It comes with 25 grams of whey protein, 3 grams of fiber, and 170 calories, a shake that will help you feel your best and fuel your muscles after a tough workout. You can choose from a variety of delicious flavors, from girl scout chocolate peanut butter to strawberry and cream, and have the perfect protein-packed snack daily.
Total Lean Shake is one of the supplements that’s tested for banned substances, so you’re safe to consume it even as a pro athlete.
One package contains 25 bottles or servings, and you can buy it as a one-time purchase or choose to subscribe and have it delivered monthly. This product is also often a part of their buy-one-get-one (BOGO) deal, saving you even more when you snatch this offer.
GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil
Fish oil is one of the most important supplements for promoting your overall health and well-being, and this GNC Triple Strength version is one of their best-sellers for a reason.
- 1000 mg of omega-3 fatty acids
- Available in three sizes
- Designed as easy-to-absorb softgel pills
- Not suitable for vegans
- Contains soybeans
GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil contains 1000 mg of the two most powerful omega-3 fatty acids, Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA). Just one easy-to-digest and absorb softgel pill per day supplies you with the optimal amount of fish oil to support your brain, eye, nerve, heart, and immune health.
This product doesn’t contain any sugars, gluten, or artificial colors and fillers, and it’s completely flavorless so that you won’t get a bad aftertaste. However, it contains soybeans, so those who are allergic or sensitive to soy must take precautions.
It’s available in three different package sizes, 30, 120, and 360 softgels, which for the largest option, means you’re covered for a full year. This fish oil is fairly priced and aligns with most other brands on the market, but you can save significantly if you choose to become a member. You can also have it on auto-delivery and have it shipped to your home before you run out.
GNC AMP Wheybolic Whey Protein
For those who are looking to boost their performance in the gym and increase their muscle growth after a workout, this GNC AMP Wheybolic Whey Protein shake is a great option.
- A combination of whey protein isolate and hydrolysates
- Fast-absorbing and easy to digest
- Improves performance and helps build muscle
- Not suitable for vegans
- Contains sucralose, maltodextrin, and other artificial chemicals known to potentially cause digestive distress
GNC AMP Wheybolic Protein is the brand’s own protein powder product with a powerful muscle-building formula designed to improve performance and give you a better workout.
This formula helps support your endurance and stamina through even the toughest workouts, and they even claim it’s clinically proven to promote muscle strength and size by 30% in eight weeks. The Enhanced Wheybolic™ Complex provides 40 grams of protein, 15 grams of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), six grams of leucine, 500 mg of Velositol®, and 400 mg of Enzyme Blend consisting of lactase and bromelain for the digestive system. VelositolⓇ is a patented complex of amylopectin and chromium.
Wheybolic is sugar-free and gluten-free and comes in a variety of delightful flavors.
Subscribing will help you save on supplements and provide free shipping. This product can also be put on autonomic delivery and come to your doorstep without having to re-order.
GNC MEGA MEN 50 Plus Vitapak Program
If you’re looking for daily multivitamins for men, this GNC package is a great option to try out. With over 30 clinically-studied ingredients, it offers plenty of supplements to support your health goals.
- Over 30 clinically-studied ingredients
- A supplement that helps support overall health and wellness
- Contains ingredients and herbs to support heart health, mental stamina, and prostate health
- Contains the anti-aging agent resveratrol
- Not suitable for vegans
- Contains added sugars and other artificial elements such as maltodextrin
- Contains soybeans, wheat, and fish allergens
For men who need support in the micronutrient department, this multivitamin blend of supplements will deliver what you are looking for. This daily vitamin pack features a variety of antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, trace minerals, herbs, and vitamins to support overall health and wellness from the ground up.
Vitamin A is present in excessive amounts of 167% of the daily value. Care must be taken not to take other supplements containing fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamin A in it as they may build up in the fatty tissues and form toxicity. Vitamin D, also a fat-soluble vitamin, is present in amounts of 200% of the daily value.
This is an easy vitamin supplement to consume and take every day, even after a workout. Still, they contain added sugar and other artificial elements, so take precautions if you have a sensitive stomach or problems with blood sugar spikes.
In a corporate double-blind, placebo-controlled study, 29 physically fit adults who exercised four hours a week to exhaustion showed that they could work out five minutes longer while taking their daily multivitamin as opposed to a placebo, thus improving their performance without the added caffeine found in other supplements.
You can buy these supplements as a one-time purchase or choose to save and subscribe. You can also put them on a monthly delivery and have them come to your door just in time. They are also a part of the VITAPAK® program, GNC’s comprehensive health and diet maintenance program designed for the entire family.
What Do We Like About GNC?
The thousands of raving reviews and trusted customers have proven its high quality. They claim to be committed to meeting the highest safety, efficacy, and quality standards when choosing the brands they’re promoting and producing on their own. They choose only the highest-quality ingredients as they believe they’re the best for our overall health goals.
The GNC customer service often gets positive reviews, but it always depends on an individual and their personal experience. Reviews have been mixed about GNC’s customer service. Customer reviews on Sitejabber rate GNC poorly at 2.79 out of 5 for customer service.
They offer a high range of prices for all supplements, both in-store and on their website, so there’s something to fit everyone’s budget.
They often offer free shipping over a specified amount or as a special daily deal, as well as same-day delivery and the ability to pick up your order in-store. They also have the option of auto monthly deliveries for their subscribed members. You can get 10% off and free shipping with auto-deliver.
Alternatives To GNC
- All products are third-party tested
- Special delayed-release capsules and beadlet-in-oil design
- Free shipping on all purchases
- Only subscription-based
- Very limited customization options
- Available as a one-time purchase or subscription
- Cruelty-free and carbon-neutral company
- Organic and vegan
- Designed alongside a registered dietitian
- Only one brand option
- Clinically researched ingredients for health
- Designed by a team of medical advisors and scientists
- Free expert advice
- Only their own brand
GNC is one of the most popular marketplaces for a variety of different supplements, from vitamins and minerals to protein powder products and plenty of natural solutions. It’s a place where anyone can find something they’re either interested in or looking to include in their diet.
They often offer overnight shipping and same-day delivery, bringing the supplements straight to your doorstep as soon as possible. With many supplement brands on their offer, you’re not tied to only one option, which gives you plenty of try-out possibilities.
They offer a satisfaction guarantee whereby you can return supplements used or unused within 30 days for a full refund as long as all paperwork is included.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can buy any of the supplements online or in a variety of stores nationwide. They even have stores outside of the US where you can usually buy plenty of the same brands that are regulated and approved by the country you’re in.
Yes, with thousands of happy customers returning each month and many in-house clinical trials supporting the effectiveness of their supplements.
They are produced in Greenville and Anderson, South Carolina.
Yes, the variety of options they have in their line-up definitely has something for everyone. Since they pride themselves on only the best and highest-quality products, their vitamins also showcase those results.
+ 5 sources
Health Canal avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic researches from medical associations and institutions. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Health Canal, you can read more about the editorial process here
- Kendig, M.D., Lin, C.S., Beilharz, J.E., Rooney, K.B. and Boakes, R.A. (2014). Maltodextrin can produce similar metabolic and cognitive effects to those of sucrose in the rat☆. Appetite, [online] 77, pp.1–12. doi:10.1016/j.appet.2014.02.011.
- Suez, J., Cohen, Y., Valdés-Mas, R., Mor, U., Dori-Bachash, M., Federici, S., Zmora, N., Leshem, A., Heinemann, M., Linevsky, R., Zur, M., Ben-Zeev Brik, R., Bukimer, A., Eliyahu-Miller, S., Metz, A., Fischbein, R., Sharov, O., Malitsky, S., Itkin, M. and Stettner, N. (2022). Personalized microbiome-driven effects of non-nutritive sweeteners on human glucose tolerance. Cell, [online] 185(18), pp.3307-3328.e19. doi:10.1016/j.cell.2022.07.016.
- Ruxton, C. (2004). Health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids. Nursing Standard, [online] 18(48), pp.38–42. doi:10.7748/ns2004.08.18.48.38.c3668.
- Bian, X., Chi, L., Gao, B., Tu, P., Ru, H. and Lu, K. (2017). Gut Microbiome Response to Sucralose and Its Potential Role in Inducing Liver Inflammation in Mice. Frontiers in Physiology, [online] 8. doi:10.3389/fphys.2017.00487.
- Camins, A., Junyent, F., Verdaguer, E., Beas-Zarate, C., Rojas-Mayorquín, A., Ortuño-Sahagún, D. and Pallàs, M. (2009). Resveratrol: An Antiaging Drug with Potential Therapeutic Applications in Treating Diseases. Pharmaceuticals, [online] 2(3), pp.194–205. doi:10.3390/ph2030194.